Chapter Four

The Doctor's Singer

After putting their groceries away in their respective apartments, Baekhyun leads (more like drags in Chanyeol's opinion) Chanyeol to his apartment to have dinner.

Baekhyun quickly puts together a simple dinner consisting of spicy kimchi fried rice and grilled meat, along with a premade soup he got from the store. 

As Baekhyun moves around the kitchen, Chanyeol observes Baekhyun's new condo.

He admits to himself that the earthy tones are nice and somehow matchess the short brunette.

Seeing a picture on the wall, Chanyeol approaches it and observes a smaller version of Baekhyun and an older woman smiling happily. 

"Must be his mother," Chanyeol thinks. 

Setting the table, Baekhyun waves over to sit Chanyeol sitting down himself. 

"Well...dig in tree-dongsaeng!" Baekhyun says cheerfully starting to eat his own dinner.

Chanyeol frowns deeply but picks up his chopsticks anyways.

Eating a bit of the kimchi fried rice first, Chanyeol's taste buds light up. It tasted..really good.

He hasn't eaten anything this good since he left home after college.

It was even better than Kyungsoo's cooking he has every once in a while.

He really hadn't expected Baekhyun to be able to cook so well. He realizes he may have judged the small man a little too quickly. 

Eating a little bit more, Chanyeol addresses Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun-sii, this tastes really good," Chanyeol compliments. "Where'd you learn to cook like this?"

Baekhyun smiles warmly, with a hint a fondness on his lips.

"I liked to watch my mom cook a lot when I was younger. Eventually, she let me help her cook with her and I learned a lot."

Baekhyun's smile falls a little.

"I miss her.." He thinks aloud.

Chanyeol frowns a little assiming the worst. 

"Is she.." Chanyeol trails off.

Catching the hint, Baekhyun shakes his head.

"No she's not dead or anything. I just haven't seen her in a while. I haven't seen any of my family in a while."

"How come?"

Baekhyun falters for a second at the question. Chanyeol still doesn't know about what Baekhyun actually does for a living. So Baekhyun decides to just tell most of the truth.

"Well, I get really busy with work a lot. I haven't had a decent enough break to go home. I just get time to make a few phone calls here and there but not much more than that."

Chanyeol feels a little bad. He talks to his own family quite often and he couldn't imagine going so long without talking to them. 

Baekhyun laughs suddenly, smiling again.

"Well let's not talk about that anymore. You said you're a doctor, right? What kind of doctor are you Chanyeol-ssi?"

Surprised at the use of his name the second time that day, Chanyeol answers easily.

"Well for the most part, I work with youth ranging from ages 0-18 in pediactrics at Park Medical, my family's hospital. Sometimes though I get called in for more severe emergencies in the hospital if they need more hands."

Baekhyun becomes curious.

"How come you decided to work in the hospital part of the hospital instead of the corporate part? Since your family owns it and all," Baekhyun asks.

"Well, the business side of it never really interested me. I like working with people face to face and I always wanted to do something in the medical field. So I just decided to get my medical degree and work in the hospital instead of for the hospital. I really like helping those who are in need of it and being a doctor is one of the ways that I am able to do that."

"Sounds like you really like your job," Baekhyun says softly.

Chanyeol nods. He believes he'll always love his job.

He still just wishes for something...more.

Looking at his wrist watch, Chanyeol tells Baekhyun he should head back to his condo since he has a pretty early shift the next day and it was getting a little late. Walking to the door, Baekhyun opens it and stands off a little to the side to let Chanyeol out.

Chanyeol walks out and turns around before walking back to his condo.

"Thank you for dinner. I really enjoyed it, "Chanyeol says.

"It was my pleasure really," Baekhyun says smiling. "Goodnight Chanyeol-ssi."

It's then that Baekhyun's breath slightly catches. Something quite unexpected happens.

"Goodnight Baekhyun-ssi," Chanyeol says smiling at Baekhyun for the first time before turning around and going in his home. 

Baekhyun stares after Chanyeol before deciding to go back into his condo. 

Smiling softly as he goes to clear the table and wash the dishes, Baekhyun decides that Chanyeol's smile is really nice.


"Such a boring Friday," Chanyeol mumbles sighing, laying his head down on the desk in his office.

His week as been much more bland than it usually is. Aside from having dinner with Baekhyun on Sunday, he hasn't done anything during the week, except work, which has been more than slow for some reason.

Come to think of it, Chanyeol realizes he hasn't seen Baekhyun at all during the week, which is odd considering he lives right next door. He guesses Baekhyun is just busy with work.

Not that he misses him or anything. 

Though Chanyeol wonders. He never really did get around to asking Baekhyun what he did for a living.

Shrugging, Chanyeol figures the man will probaly tell him at some point in the future. 

The door to his office suddenly opens and in walks a dark brown haired man holding hands with a blonde haired one. 

Chanyeol's face immediately blanks.

"Oh yes, please come in. It was so nice of you to knock before entering," Chanyeol says, voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Oh please. If you didn't want someone to enter then you would have locked the door," Kyungsoo says matter-of-factly. 

"Whatever. What do you guys want?"

"We want you to come hang out with us tonight!" Jongin says smiling. 

Chanyeol really, really doesn't want to spend the whole night watching Jongin and Kyungsoo being lovely dovey together.

However, he has no time to come up with an excuse not to go.

"I'm not going to take no for an answer today Chanyeol, " Kyungsoo says sternly. 

Chanyeol sighs heavily, but nods anyway.

"What did you guys have in mind?"

"Well, I got Kyungsoo tickets to see his favorite singer since he really wanted to go and we thought it would be cool if you came too. We miss hanging out with you hyung!" Jongin exclaims.

Chanyeol feels a little bad. He has been blowing off Kyungsoo and Jongin for the longest, not wanting to be a third wheel, but he guesses he never stopped to think how his friends would feel. He misses hanging out with them when Kyungsoo and Joging weren't together, but he supposes he should cut them some slack.

They can't help being in love after all. 

Chanyeol smiles slightly, trying to make himself seem more like he wants to go. 

"Well who is this favorite singer of yours Soo?"

"He goes by Byun B. He has this really sweet, honey, melodious like voice, but at the same time, it's so strong. His music is really amazing. And since you haven't been to a concert in ages since 2NE1 (AN: sobbing) was here a few years back, we thought it would be cool to indroduce you to some new music."

Chanyeol shrugs.

"Okay I guess. Should I meet you guys there or..?"

"Nah, we'll come get you. It will be easier that way. Just be ready by 6:30. The concert starts at 8," Jongin says.

"Alright."


At exactly 6:30, Jongin and Kyungsoo pick up Chanyeol from his condo and head to the arena for the concert. Chanyeol is not sure what to expect, but he hopes that the music is good enough so that he can enjoy the concert.

They wait in line for about an hour with all the other crazy fans before they finally get through the door and make their way to their seats, which end up being right in the front. Chanyeol makes a mental note to pay Jongin back for the ticket since he knows they probably weren't very cheap.

Finally, a little after 8, the lights to the stadium go dark and a too excited Kyungsoo screams along with all the other fans in the stadium causing Chanyeol to put his hands over his ears. 

A loud, strong song starts to play through the speakers and the stage fills with smoke.

Suddenly, the vocalist rises up slowly from the middle of the stage, head facing downwards.

A spotlight shines down on the figure and the audience goes mad. The vocalist raises his head and Chanyeol gasps.

On stage is a smirking man dressed in a black jacket with writing and various clippings hanging from it. He wears darks pants and black boots, styled messy dark brown hair, with the faintest of golden highlights, and deep eyeliner around his eyes. The vocalist steps forward to the microphone and sings out his first note, paralyzing Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol whispers frozen.


*AN: Chanyeol finally knows! I thought about dragging it on for a bit, but decided against it. Next Chapter's gonna be a goooood one! 

tumblr_mvhyx0yv4y1r16hsxo2_250.gif

And just in case you guys wanted a visual of Baekhyun, I was attempting to describe his appearance in History!

tumblr_inline_mjmc3e8R1A1qz4rgp.gif

I shall be updating again very, very soon! Enjoy! Leave comments ♥♥

tumblr_inline_mzgfh0SBvS1rueat9.gif