Chapter Nine

The Doctor's Singer

Chanyeol sighs as he walks through the hospital to his father's office.

Last night after Baekhyun had finally left, his father called him late, letting him know he wanted to speak to him in the morning about what had happened in surgery. 

Coming up to his father's office door, he pauses before knocking three times. Hearing a short 'Come in', Chanyeol opens the door, walking into the office. 

"Ah son, Have a seat," Park Jungsoo says gesturing to the seat in front of his desk. 

Nodding, Chanyeol walks over and sits down in the red office chair, crossing his legs before looking up at his father expectantly.

"How are you holding up Chanyeol?" Jungsoo asks, smiling warmly at his son. 

"I'm..I'm alright. Better than I thought I would be considering.." Chanyeol says trailing off.

Raising his eyebrows in surprise, Jungsoo studies Chanyeol's face, finding his son is telling the truth.

He had honestly expected Chanyeol to be in a worse state because of what happened the first time something went terribly wrong in surgery, but the Chanyeol in front of him mostly looks like himself.

"I see. Have you found a better way to cope with what happened this time around then?" Jungsoo asks, referring to the first time Chanyeol lost a patient in the hospital.

Chanyeol's thoughts immediately go to a certain idol that he lives next door to. 

If Baekhyun hadn't been there the moment he got to his home, he probably would have completely closed himself off from everyone again, his pathetic way of coping with loss. Kyungsoo and Jongin would have been much too late to prevent Chanyeol from succumbing to the misery he felt after the surgery. But because Baekhyun was around AND persistent in his advances to talk to Chanyeol, Chanyeol was more or less...alright. 

"I had..a friend help me this time around," Chanyeol says, finally admitting to himself his relationship with Baekhyun.

"Oh? You allowed someone in this time?"

"He was persistent," Chanyeol grumbles out. 

Jungsoo laughs at his son, shaking his head.

"Well, I'm very grateful to this friend of yours. You'll have to let me meet him sometimes, so I can give him my thanks. I don't want anything but your happiness son. Your mother, the same. However, I do think you should take some time to yourself. When's the last time you actually had a vacation son?"

Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows, really not remembering the last time he actually took some time off from work.

His dad laughs again at the expression on his face. 

"Assuming from your facial expression, you don't even know. Well today is...Tuesday. So I want you to take off from work until two Tuesdays from today, okay?"

"No, it's okay Abeoji, I don't need-"

"Okay?" Park Jungsoo says more sternly this time.

"Ah..alright" Chanyeol says in defeat. 

"Good. Now go ahead home son and get some rest and I'll see you in a couple of weeks."

"Okay Abeoji," Chanyeol says getting up from his seat. "I'll see you in two weeks then."

"Bye Yeollie! And don't forget to bring that friend of yours around!"

Shaking his head at his father's antics, Chanyeol walks out of his father's office, closing the door gently.

Walking towards the entrance to the hospital to leave, Chanyeol suddenly feels his phone vibrate in his pocket. Stopping to pull it out, he sees that it's Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun: What yah doing?

 

Chanyeol: About to leave the hospital. Why?

 

Baekhyun: Oh. Just checking on you. You doing okay?

 

Chanyeol: I'm alright. 

 

Baekhyun: You sure? Put a smile on your face :)

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and is about to put his phone away before another message comes.

 

Baekhyun: You didn't put a smile on your face...

 

Chanyeol: :) There, I smiled. Happy?

 

Baekhyun: You lied. You didn't smile..

 

Confused, Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, wondering how Baekhyun knows whether not he smiled or not. He doesn't have to wonder much longer before he's walking out of the hospital and spots a strange man with oversized glasses and a face mask sitting on the bench in front. The man waves furiously at Chanyeol and Chanyeol sighs for the nth time that day, walking towards him.

"Baekhyun-ssi, what are you doing here?"

"Ah, well you see. I was coming here to visit you at work to check up on you in person and was gonna ask you for your office room, but then you said you were leaving so I just waited here for you to come out. I spotted you standing close to the doors, so I decided to mess with you, ehehe," Baekhyun says scratching the back of his head. "Actually, why are you leaving so early? Don't you work all day?"

"My dad made me take a vacation for the next two weeks," Chanyeol says unhappily, frowning. 

Taking a vacation, to Chanyeol, meant sitting around doing nothing for a week. Not exactly something he was excited about. He could at least be doing something here at the hospital. 

Baekhyun laughs at the expression on Chanyeol's face. 

"Are you unhappy to be taking a break Chanyeol-ssi? Most people kill to have a little down time!"

"Not when that down time will consist of doing absolutely nothing."

Baekhyun scoffs.

"Why would you do absolutely nothing? You should do something on your break at least! Hmmm..I know! You can hang out with me! I'm on a short vacation until this Saturday, but I'm sure you can tag along with me when I go back to doing schedule too! I can convince Joonmyun hyung!"

"Uh..No, it's okay Baekhyun-ssi. I'll be fine-"

"No really! Please Chanyeol?" Baekhyun begs in his sweetest voice.

For the millionth time that day, Chanyeol sighs heavily before doing something he thinks he'll regret.

He nods in agreement.


*AN: Short chapter, I know, but I wanted to put something else out to make up for the lack of update the past week. 

But in the next chapters, PLENTY of ChankBaek time! :D

33uzssz.jpg

tumblr_mrawqqH0sH1r1km6io1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m85a6wHIK21qf4skio1_500.gif

 

 

 

tumblr_n7kcjq7K2d1semc0do1_500.gif

See you guys soon! Don't forget to comment! :D I love reading them ^^

d-o-waving-to-fans.gif