Chapter Eight

The Doctor's Singer

Awkward silence.

Four men sit in Chanyeol's living room; one nervous, one exhausted, one confused, and one indifferent, all feeling uncomfortable with the tense silence. Before long, however, one of them decides that the silence has gone on long enough.

"So..are you going to explain why we walked in to you and Byun B..embracing? And why Byun B is here in the first place? AND HOW YOU EVEN KNOW-"

"Soo, calm down babe," Jongin says his boyfriend's hand gently. Kyungsoo growls softly in irritation, but goes quiet anyways.

Turning towards Chanyeol, Jongin gives a slight smile.

"What he means to say, Chanyeol, is that we're a little confused about...the situation."

Sighing deeply, Chanyeol looks over towards a nervous Baekhyun, a silent question visible in his eyes.

Making eye contact briefly, Baekhyun nods his head slightly, giving Chanyeol the okay to thoroughly explain the situation.

"I met Baekhyun-ssi-"

"So you're close enough to call him by his name, huh?"

Chanyeol gives Kyungsoo a stern look, effectively shutting him up for the second time.

Chanyeol begins again. 

"I met Baekhyun-ssi almost three weeks ago in a rather..undesirable manner. I was on my way home from work and I swear all I did was blink before he was running like a mad man across the street in front of my car. Naturally, I honked because he was in the way and I just wanted to go home, but in the next moment, he was in my car telling me to drive away before this deranged crowd ruined it. Panicked in the moment, I just listened and drove off. I was at first irritated he jumped into my car without warning, but I saw he was hurt and I went into doctor mode. I drove him back here and patched his arm up before he left with his manager, who I thought at the time was just his hyung. I hadn't expected to ever see Baekhyun ever again, but the next morning, somehow, he was moving in next to me. It was..unsettling to say the least. After that, we had a few more encounters before you guys took me to the concert. That's when I found out who Baekhyun-ssi actually was. I was..shocked, for lack of a better word. I realize I probably should have guessed it, but I couldn't fathom that the annoying brat next door was actually a popular idol."

Baekhyun shoots Chanyeol a glare for the brat comment, but Chanyeol ignores him and continues.

"Later that night, I asked him about it, about why he didn't tell me who he was. It turns out he was just scared to be taken advantage of because he is an idol. I like to think that I wouldn't have, but I understood his concern and assured him I would treat him no differently and that I wouldn't tell anyone he lived next door to me. A few days later, early this morning, is when I got the call from the hospital..I was really messed up after the whole situation. I just wanted to come home and try to block out everything that had happened. I'm still trying to block out everything. But when I got here, Baekhyun was readily greeting me. Before I knew it, I was slowly breaking down in front of him, but he stayed and comforted me. I didn't expect it since we aren't exactly the best of friends, but he did. You guys just happened to walk in while he was."

Jongin nods his head in understanding. However, Kyungsoo stares heatedly at Chanyeol.

Getting up from the couch and Jongin's embrace, he walks over to a seated Chanyeol, shaking him by the shoulders.

"Chanyeol, you live next to Byun B, MY FAVORITE IDOL, and you didn't even tell me and it's not fair and I'm so jealous and-"

"Baekhyun."

Kyungsoo freezes in his assault, almost forgetting that Baekhyun was actually in the room.

He looks over at the idol slowly and Baekhyun offers a small smile.

"You can call me Baekhyun. Byun B is just my stage name."

Realizing he was acting a bit shameful in front of the idol, Kyungsoo blushes before letting Chanyeol go, embarrassed. Baekhyun smiles wider, getting up from his seat to stand in front of Kyungsoo.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol-ssi had to keep this a secret from you, but I really have to be cautious about who knows where I live to protect myself. You can be mad at me, it was my fault he had to keep secrets."

Kyungsoo looks up quickly, shaking his head.

"Ah no, I'm not mad! Just shocked, I never thought I would ever meet you, let alone in Chanyeol's home and I'm like your biggest fan and.."

Cutting himself off realizing he was rambling, Kyungsoo scratches the back of his head, starting over.

"I'm Kyungsoo, and this is my boyfriend Jongin," He says gesturing over to the tanned man. "It's really a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine, Kyungsoo-ssi, Jongin-ssi."

Exchanging smiles again, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both return back to their seats.

Watching the whole ordeal from the couch, Chanyeol sighs, glad that the tension in the room has finally lifted. 

"Kyungsoo, Jongin. Please keep Baekhyun-ssi's living situation a secret it would be-"

"YAH! Who do you think you are talking to?! Of course I'm going to keep his secret! Anything for my favorite idol!"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes at Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun and Jongin laugh at Kyungsoo's outburst. Who would have known that one man would turn the infamous Devil Soo into a dedicated fan boy?

After a few more minutes of light chatter, Jongin and Kyungsoo get up from the couch and walk towards the front door.

"Well, it's getting late. Me and Soo really were just coming to check in on you, but since it's obvious we're a little late and you found someone else, " Jongin says teasingly gesturing to Baekhyun, "We'll head on home now."

"Yeah, yeah," Chanyeol says, walking them out the door."I'll see you guys later then."

"Bye Baekhyun-ssi!" Kyungsoo says happily, before dropping his smile to glare at Chanyeol . 

"Next time one of my favorite idols live next door and you don't tell me.." Kyungsoo runs his thumb over his throat in a threatening matter. 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes again, waving Kyungsoo off before shutting the door behind the two. Sitting back down on the couch, Chanyeol looks over at a still smiling Baekhyun.

"I rather like your friends Chanyeol-ssi."

"Oh shut it."


*AN: I'd just like to say thank you so much to everyone who reads this story and to those who subscribe. I really, honestly didn't expect anyone to read this, and I'm just overwhelmed and so happy that there are people who even read this. I promise that as long as one person likes this story, I will continue to write it! Thank you guys!! ♥♥♥ Add me on Tumblr! I really want to be friends with you guys (Link in the foreword)

 

But anyways, I'm ALMOST late updating this D: But I did manage to finally finish the chapter! Still Tuesday where I am, ehehe.

tumblr_mkuu5rNUPV1qzh5sno1_500.gif

tumblr_m40cbstS3p1qbkx40o1_500.gif

Don't you just love these two? Even when Kyungsoo is killing Baek

tumblr_msuvce1OvG1s6dywbo1_500.gif

But, I'm going to update again really soon to make up for taking so long. I can concentrate a whole lot better since I'm not as sick anymore :) See you soon!

tumblr_me8qdjVRrw1rto225o1_r2_500.gif