Chapter One

The Doctor's Singer

Life is meant to be spent living it to the absolute fullest. Sure, not everything would be exciting and fun or, on the opposite end, calm and uneventful. However, it should be spent doing what you can to make the best out of it. Unluckily for two, they spent their lives on one end of that spectrum or the other.

“Um, Dr. Park? Is everything okay?”

Chanyeol blinks slowly realizing he spaced out for a moment.

“Sorry Zhang-ssi. Everything is fine. Your ankle is a little swollen, but not sprained. Just some ice twice a day for about a week should do it.”

Yixing grins. “So I should be able to dance in a week Dr. Park?”

Chanyeol chuckles. “Just Chanyeol hyung is fine Zhang-ssi. I’m not much older than you. And yes, you can return to dancing after a week, but please make sure to take it easy for a while.”

“Please call me Lay then Chanyeol Hyung. Thank you so much!” Lay grins cheekily getting up slowly from the hospital chair.

“Be careful on the way out Lay-ssi,” Chanyeol says walking Lay out of the door.

“Bye Hyung!” Lay calls back slightly limping through the hospital.

Chanyeol watches him go for a second before walking back to his office and shuts the door to finish up his paperwork.

Chanyeol loves his job as a doctor. He loves the satisfaction of helping people and healing those who are in need of it. It’s the best part, hands down, of his day. Probably the only good he experiences during his day to be honest.

Chanyeol glances up as he hears a knock on his office door.

“Come in.”

The door opens revealing Dr. Do, one of Chanyeol’s closest friends and co-workers.

“Hey Chanyeol. I was just about to head out. Are you done for the day?”

“Almost Kyungsoo. Just finishing up paperwork for the last patient. What’s up?”

“I was gonna grab some dinner on the way home with Jongin. Wanna come?”

Chanyeol tenses. He already knows that dinner with Kyungsoo and Jongin means being the third wheel. As per usual.  

Chanyeol smiles slightly. “Uhh..this paperwork will take a minute Soo, so you guys can go ahead.”

Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol pointly. “Okay then.." he says slowly. "Don’t die in here from overworking Yeol. See yah.”

As Kyungsoo walks out, Chanyeol sighs. As much as he would have liked to go to dinner with his friends, the only two he really spends time with, he doesn’t like being the third wheel. It was much like being alone anyways. 

Deciding he should go home, Chanyeol walks out of the hospital locking his office door. On the way home, he contemplates stopping to grab take-out, but decides that he probably has something to eat in his condo and shouldn't waste money. However, this evening has many more things in store for Chanyeol than he expects.


“Baekhyun! We need to go NOW!”

“But Joonmyun hyung, I’m HUNGRY,” Baekhyun whines standing in line for his burger.

Baekhyun's manager cross his arms over his chest.

“Baekhyun, there’s a hoard of fans standing outside right now. The security guards aren’t going to be able to keep them at bay much longer and I’m not about to be run over by fans because you want a Burger!!”

“Aww hyung, you're never any fun. Whatever then.”

As soon as Baekhyun makes up his mind to leave and relieve is manager of his incessant nagging, the fans get through the door and head straight for Baekhyun.

“OPPPPAAAA!! MARRY ME OPPA!”
“OPPA, sign my album!!!”

“I WANT TO LOVE YOU OPPA!!
Baekhyun's eyes widen comically and he lets out a highly unmanly yell. Quickly finding a way out through the employee exit, he hurriedly runs through. 

“Baekhyun, you brat, wait for me!”

“Sorry hyung! I'll catch up with you later!” Baekhyun yells sprinting as fast as he can out of there.

Unfortunately for Baekhyun, there’s always one super fan in his crowds who somehow runs like they've trained under Usain Bolt himself.

“OPPPPPPA!” The girl yells, grabbing at Baekhyun and accidently dragging her long nails down his arm.

Baekhyun yelps and briefly curses himself for choosing to wear a short sleeve shirt today before taking off as quickly as his little legs can go. 

“Oh God, thank you for all the training as an idol," he thinks. 

Baekhyun gets to the street and looks around for a second before and sprinting quickly in a "safe" direction. Deciding crossing the street might be a good idea, he runs across. Unfortunately, Baekhyun doesn’t see the blue mustang in time and hears a loud screeching and a horn.

The owner of the vehicle peeks his head out of the window and yells.

“What the hell! Get out of the road!”

Baekhyun, usually more civilized, quickly answers back. 

“Oh off! I’m the pedestrian!” Baekhyun yells still in a panic.

Making it worse, he then hears the loud roaring of his fans still coming his way.

“,” He mumbles.

Hearing a honk again, Baekhyun comes back to his sense and looks back at the car. An idea quickly forms in his mind.

Baekhyun sprints to the passenger side of the car and forcefully opens the door and gets in buckling his seat belt.

This, obviously, doesn't go over well with the owner of the vehicle.

“What the ? Get the out of my car!” The stranger yells. 

“Just ing drive, unless you want that hoard of psychotic girls to ruin this car.” Baekhyun says, pointing at the arsenal of crazed fans.

“What in the world...” The stranger stares at the crowd with wide eyes and then hurriedly turns the car around and speeds off.

Baekhyun sighs in relief. Remembering he just jumped into a strangers car, he looks over at the driver and sees him glaring at him.

For some reason, the expression makes Baekhyun equally irritated. 
“The hell you looking at? Pay attention to the road!”

The stranger sputters for a second before exclaiming, “Excuse me!? This is MY car. You can get the hell out for all I care. I don’t care if you get killed by the hoard! Who are you anyways and why do you have such a large amount of people chasing you?”

Baekhyun's irritation melts away and he stares blankly at the stranger.

“You don’t know who I am.” Baekhyun states more than asking a question. 

The stranger furrows his eyebrows.

“Uh..no?
Baekhyun furrows his brows and looks more closely at the stranger and wonders what rock he lives under to not know who he is. He decides, however, it might be to his benefit if he doesn’t know he’s an idol. Less stressful and what not.

“Uhh. I’m just a very good looking person, you know? Sooo, girls often chase me. Yeah. That's it," Baekhyun says giving a tight smile.

The stranger looks over at Baekhyun in disbelief briefly before looking back at the road.

“Uh huh.. can I at least get the name of the good-looking man who jumped in my car,” the stranger says sarcastically.

“Oh. I’m By-uh just Baekhyun. You?”

“Okay JUST Baekhyun. I’m Chanyeol.”

“Ahh well, Chanyeol-ssi, you can let me out in a few more miles and I’ll make it from there.”

“Baekhyun-ssi, it’s dark outside and it's late. I may think you're insanse, but I’m not so cruel to let you off randomly somewhere. Where's your house and..are you bleeding?!”

Baekhyun looks down at his arm, forgetting about the scratch Usain Bolt's mentee left on his arm. 

“Ah, I suppose I am," Baekhyun says sheepishly.  "Uh, well, can you drop me off at the pharmacy? My mane..uh my Hyung would be upset if I let this scar.”

“Forget it," Chanyeol says sighing deeply. I’m a doctor anyways," Chanyeol points at his lab coat he still has on. "I’ll patch it up at my apartment. It’s just about 15 min from here. But then you'll call someone and LEAVE.”

Baekhyun nods and leans his head against the window to further calm down.

Turning back to the road, Chanyeol wonders why he’s offering the “good-looking man” pass into his home, especially since he hasn't been the nicest, but he feels like it’s wrong as a doctor to just leave someone bleeding and alone in the dark for God’s sake.

“Baekhyun-sii, do you have a cell-” Chanyeol stops short realizing the smaller man has fallen asleep. He stares shortly at Baekhyun and decides maybe he is quite good-looking. 

For a brat anyways .

Chanyeol sighs loudly. What the hell has he got himself into?


*A.N: Well that's the beginning. The chapters should be longer after this one. Had to introduce first! But anyways, will try to update at least twice a week. Adios!

tumblr_inline_n5kcpgDSo61ql6qbh.gif