Family and worries

Bitter Sweet Proposal

 

"YUKI ! DINNER IS READY!! “called my mom.

"Coming!"  I replied, a tossed my phone on the bed and run downstairs.

My dad was sitting already at the table.

"Yuki, call your brother, there is something that we need to discuss." my dad said.

I was kinda puzzeled because of my dad serious expression.

"Toma-oniichan! Yabu-oniisan! Dinners ready!"

"We're coming!" onii-chan answered.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

They were making loud stepping sound that it annoyed me.

"Hey! can you come down in a more quieter way?!"

Yabu-oniisan came down first. "Ah, gomene Yuki-chan!" he said.

"Yuki, your angry face makes you look like a monster!" my brother teased.

"WHO'S A MONSTER?! STUPID ONII-CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!"

I kick at his side.

"Ow! That hurts! Stupid" he tackles me.

"You won't grow taller if you irritate me!"

"Hey! Don’t curse me like that! I still want to grow taller you know! And irritating you doesn’t have anything to do with my growth you know! BAKA!" 

"Ha-ha! You guys are close as ever." Yabu said laughing."

~ I will introduce my family. First of all, my dad, Takahiro Matsumoko, he is a college professor, he specializes in literary arts, and I got my passion for reading from him, he is also well known because of a thesis he wrote. My mom, Sayu Matsumoko, is the manager and owner of our restaurant Matsu Restaurant, she is a good cook. My older brother Toma Matsumoko, is a college student. He teases me a lot about my height but can be caring at times. Then there’s Yabu Kota- oniisan , he is our cousin, the same age as my brother. He lived with us for about 4 years already since his parents died. ~

 

"By the way, Yuki! We saw you come riding an awesome car. Whose is it? Your boyfriend? hahaha! Just kidding! The word boyfriend and Yuki doesn't go together. “My brother teased.

"He’s not really my boyfriend, he 's just might be my future fiancée." I said like its no big deal.

My brother stopped laughing and stared at me dumbfouded.

“FIANCEE?! I didnt hear about this!" he said.

"Well duh! How will you know when I just heard about it just today! You really are stupid!"

"Dad! What's this about?! Yuki having a fiancee is not possible."

"That's what we are going to talk about. So come and sit already so I can explain the situation after eating." my dad said seriously.

We ate our dinner in silence.

My brother was staring at me the whole time and shakes his head probably thinking about the marriage thing.

We finished eating, we fixed and washed the dishes and went back to the table to discuss the issue.

 

"Just like you heard a while ago, Yuki already has a fiancée. She is going to marry the son of the Yamada Corporation."

"YAMADA CORPORATION?????!!!!!!! Eh!!! But that just impossible" my brother pretty shocked.

"But Uncle, why did this happen? Yuki-chan is still young to marry." Yabu-oniisan said worried.

*sigh "Your grandfather was working for Yamada-san since for a long time. They became good friends that Yamada-san promised father that his grandchild will marry father's grandchild. Yamada-san visited us when Yuki was still 5 years old. He liked your happy and care-free attitude and decided that you are the one to marry his grandson."

"Ryo-kun summoned me this morning to tell me about it, we made a deal that is if he makes me fall for him, I will agree to marry him but if not  he will not bother me again. And he just emailed a while ago telling me that he already told his grandfather about it." I added.

"Well that explains just about everything. So from now one every should be careful especially you Yuki!." my dad said serious again.

"Why?" we all asked

"When word got out that Yuki is the fiancée of the future heir of Yamada Corp. Just think what will happen. Media following you everywhere you go and worst of all is kidnapping you!"

"Oh! Dad! That wouldn't happen! They would probably get scared if they see Yuki's moves. Hahaha!" my brother laughing the issue as if it is nothing.

"TOMA! This is no laughing matter! Your sister's life could be on the line here!" my father said angrily.

"Dad, calm down. Please don't worry. I trained a little bit of Taekwondo and self-defense. I can take care of myself." I said proudly.

"Yuki, we all know that. But we can't help being worried just as your father said your life could be in danger." my mom said worriedly.

"Um.. Can I make a suggestion? "  Yabu-kun asked.

"Ok Yabu what is it? " my dad asked him.

"Well, since I finished my research paper already, I can pick up Yuki-chan after classes or something like that." he said.

"That's a good suggestion. Well, Sayu what do you think?" my dad asking my mom's opinion.

"Well I also think it’s a good idea." my mom warming up to the idea.

"I agree to it!" I said strongly.

~ I don’t really enjoy being glared at by Yamada's fans~

"Alright then, since everybody agreed to it. Yabu-kun will pick up Yuki from school. ok with that we're finished."

I was talking to Yabu-oniisan when I suddenly remembered what Ryo-kun emailed me.

 "YABAI!" I shout

"Yuki? What’s wrong? Asked Yabu-kun.

"Ryo-kun told me that he would pick me up tomorrow morning!!"

"Oh.. Well what’s the problem with that?"

"Every morning, all of Ryo-kuns fans would line up in front of the gates to greet him. If they see me coming outside of his car, all hell will unleash!" I said sarcastically.

"Don't think about that right now, ok. Its getting late, we better hit the sack. Oyasumi Yuki-chan!"

Yabu-oniisan ruffles my hair.

" hahaha! Oyasumi onii-san!" I turn and headed to my bedroom.

*yawn*

"wah! so sleepy. Good thing there's nothing much to do today."  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for a boring chapter.. I am really busy with school this days. We're being murdered(sorry for the term) by our teachers this days, with all the quizzes..

I' ll try on improving it a little more..

comments please, I would like to know what think about the stories I wrote...