Story behind it all

Bitter Sweet Proposal

 

"So, then let’s talk about the wedding." he said and looked at both of us.


Ryosuke-kun started explaining the conditions of our bet.

Ojiisan didn't talk but he kept on nodding his head.

Ojiisan only talked again when Ryosuke-kun was finished speaking.

"Hmmm.. I see. " Ojiisan said still nodding his head. He turned to look at then said "Yuki-chan, I completely understand why you and Ryosuke made this bet.

I know that as a teenager, you would like to experience and do many things, I also went through that." 

Ryosuke's parents agreed with that. 

"Yuki-chan, remember that wether the outcome of this bet may be to our liking or not, we will respect your decision. Also remember that whatever happens you are already a part of this family." Ojiisan added ,with pure affection and understanding in his eyes.

Otoosan nodded his head in agreement.

Okaasan stood up and rushed towards me. She hugged me by the neck and said  'Otoosama is right Yuki! You are already part of this family."

I was greatly touched by their actions. I looked down to my lap, feeling kinda guilty because it felt like I was taking advantage of their kindness.

I stood up from my chair and bowed to them "Thank you very much for understanding!" then I sat again.

"Um.. Ojiisan, I have a question why did all this happen, I mean why did you and my graddad decided to marry your grandchilden? Then why me?" my head is filled with questions but I only asked  the two questions that has been bugging for a while.

"Ahh!.. Well, you see, your grandfather and I are bestfriends ever since college. After graduating, our paths separated for I was starting to handle the company my father has handed over to me. We met by accident in a restaurant, which I later learned was by owned by Ojiro." (That's your grandfather's name) he stopped to drink his tea then continued. "We talked about the things that happended to after finishing college. We talked about our families, then we remembered the promise that we made during our college year,  that one of our children would marry each other someday.It never happened because both all our children are already married. That's when we changed it into our grandchildren."

We were all silent for a while.

~So, it's all because of a promise. Now I understand a little.~

"As to the question, why I chose you, it’s because Ojiro really adored you among all your cousins. He would talk about you whenever we meet. He showed me pictures of you so many times that I felt like I knew you very well. The first time that I saw you was when we went to the beach together with your family. You were about 6 years old by that time, a year younger that Ryosuke. You were so lively and cheerful that I liked you instantly! That's when I decided that you will be the one to marry my eldest grandchild, Ryosuke."


Sorry if my update took so long! And also sorry for the short update. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!