[++] Zikyung *

Drabble Requests - Block B

Original Prompt: "drabble request? zikyung fighting over the covers"

From: Tumblr - zitaobaozi


It’s the middle of the night, it’s freezing cold, and, worst of all, he’s awake.

Jiho shivered, eyes blurry and head fuzzy and not quite sure which direction he’s turned or what time it is, not even quite sure what his name was, only that he’s awake and it’s definitely not awake time. The drone of the air conditioner as it breathed more freezing air into the dark room did nothing to cover the content, gentle snoring coming from beside his ear, telling him that at least someone was sleeping happily through the night.

ing Park Kyung.

He shivered again, rolling to his side to face the dark shape of the other man, glaring as though it was his fault that he was awake and freezing cold.

Which, of course, it was. He’d been complaining of the gross summer heat earlier, insisting that they turn on the AC while they slept so that they didn’t sweat all over each other—as though that would have been anything new. And now, Jiho realized as he felt around with his hands and feet for something to cover himself with, the jerk had stolen all the blankets for himself! That would explain why his silhouette was shaped more like a lumpy cocoon than a human.

"Park Kyung," He groaned, voice coming out much less demanding than he’d wanted it to, "Hey… Park Kyung wake up," He tried again, and kicked at the other man’s legs.

And kicked again.

And continued kicking until the snoring made way for a sleepy whimper and a few nonsensical words, muffled by layers of fabric.

"Hey. Gimme a blanket."

More muffled nonsense.

Jiho frowned, reaching out and trying to tug one of the blankets free himself, to no avail. They were wrapped tightly around Kyung and were not going to come free by themselves.

Jiho was not going to let himself freeze to death in his own room.

The thunk when Kyung hit the ground, and his immediate yelp of complaint, earned only an invisible smirk from the younger of the two as he pulled the now-loose blankets around himself, leaving Kyung in his boxers with the frigid air to bite at his sleep-warmed skin.

Serves him right.

It didn’t take Kyung long to scramble back up onto the small twin bed, squirming right up into Jiho’s side and pulling the covers back over himself, a whine already starting up in his throat before he could say, “What did you do that for??”

Jiho huffed, rolling away towards the wall and dragging the blankets with him, tugging extra hard so that they left Kyung exposed to the cold again, “You’re the one who wanted the AC on and then hogged all the blankets. .”

Kyung whimpered, following after Jiho and trying to work his way back under the blankets, “Aaah… It was hot though. And I didn’t know I was hogging blankets, I was asle-e-p.”

The chattering of teeth reached Jiho’s ears through the blankets, and he tried to ignore it.

The cold must have been so much worse after being wrapped up in a warm bundle for hours.

Ignore it.

Ignore it.

With a sigh, Jiho rolled back over, throwing an arm—and the warm cover of blankets—over Kyung, pulling him in close and nuzzling his chin into the top of the older man’s head atop the pillow.

"Don’t you dare steal the covers again, though."