[++] Taeco

Drabble Requests - Block B

Original Prompt: "taeco fic that takes place the day after their last us concert, hotel rooms were split so that taeil&zico roomed together and taeil turns off zico's alarm so he can get some rest because he's been working himself too hard so he wakes up late and while the other kids go out and play more in miami, the two of them just ~laze~ around in their hotel room ~__~"

From: Tumblr - leetaeil


The loud knocking has Taeil up quickly and scurrying to the door, yanking it open and already glaring daggers at whoever was standing outside, hissing for them to keep it down!

"Hyung! Why are you still in your pajamas? Aren’t you two coming with us today? We’re going shopping!" Jihoon questions in his too-loud voice, glancing over the shorter man’s head and into the darkened hotel room, frowning, "What about Jiho hyung?"

Taeil tries to shush the youngest again, stepping out into the hall and pulling the door mostly closed behind him, “Would you quiet down? He’s still sleeping, and I swear if you wake him up…”

He doesn’t need to finish his sentence for his threat to be clear, Jihoon shrinking back and holding up his hands, “Okay, okay. I get it,” His volume lowered considerably, he grins, “He has been looking tired. Okay. If you guys want to join us later, let me know, I’ll tell you where we are.” The tall boy excuses himself, waving and hurrying off down the hall towards the elevators.

Taeil sighs and returns to the room, closing the door as quietly as possible and tip-toeing back to the beds, eyes readjusting to the darkness and straining a little as he checks to make sure that the blond-headed figure is still sound asleep. He hadn’t gone through Jiho’s phone and shut off fifteen different alarms just to have their overeager maknae wake him up.

It’s a few hours later that Jiho stirs, grumbling and rolling over and falling still again before groaning and stretching and pushing the blankets away from where they had covered his face through the night. The room is quiet and dark and he hasn’t heard his alarm yet, and he sighs something to himself about waking up early again, rolling over and digging around under his pillow for his phone.

The brightness makes him wince, and it takes several long seconds of blinking before his sleep-blurred eyes are able to make out the time on the screen; Saturday, June 28th, 12:34pm.

12:35pm.

When the time registers, there’s a loud swear and he tumbles up and out of bed, whimpering as he lands awkwardly on the floor.

"You’re awake?" The familiar voice from the doorway has him looking around, rolling around until he is at least in a slightly more dignified position as Taeil flicks on the overhead lights and shuffles into the room, the smell accompanying him making Jiho’s stomach rumble.

"Why didn’t you wake me up?" He complains, pushing himself back up to sit on his bed, "I thought we were all going out today?"

Taeil frowns and begins unpacking a bag full of food, setting it out on his cleanly-made bed, “Nope. Even the fans were noticing you looking tired—not that it wasn’t super obvious. We are staying in and you are resting today. Now,” His lips twist up into a smile, “Let’s have some breakfast. I’m starving.”

Jiho only complains a little bit as they eat, both of them seated on Taeil’s bed and the TV on, playing some American movie (without subtitles, of course). He mutters something about invasion of privacy and shopping and alarms, but none of it too seriously.

He wasn’t going to admit that it was actually nice to sleep in for a change, and to not be dragged back out into the scorching Miami sun. And after they had finished their brunch, he definitely wasn’t going to admit that it was more than nice to be curled up on top of the covers, limbs wrapped all up around one another as they each continued to pretend to be watching the movie.