Chapter 3

The Tale of the Princess and EXO Knights

Lee Ji Hyun's POV

"So. What do you think? This one? Or this one?" I asked as I put on two kind of dresses for my engagement party and shows it to Jung Ah.

One of them is a y red and the other is the elegant blue. The red one is a backless type which makes it look y. Meanwhile the blue one is a high-low dress which makes it so elegant and adorable.

"Hmmmm..." she murmured. "I choose that one", she said while pointed at the other dress that lie in my bed.

The dress is glamorous white and a high split dress which makes it so beautiful.

"White again? Oh come on. On my wedding day, I'll wear white so now I want to wear something else", I complained.

"Don't blame me. Blame your skin that looks perfectly perfect with the white one" she said while eats some popcorns.

Careless careless anonymous anonymous heartless mindless no one ever care about me

"Oh come on! Not again!" I shouted at Jung Ah

"Wae?!"

"Can you stop play that music video. You watch it over and over and over. I'm so sick of it." Yeah that's true. She's been in love with this boyband since 5 months ago and she's keep listening to their songs again and again. I almost remember every single word on their songs.

"Shiro (I won't)!", she said as she put on merong face.

"Ugh..."

This is so depressing. The engagement day is getting closer and I don't even choose the dress yet. And my best friend even ignore me for some kind of flower-wolf-freaking-boys.

I takes the white dress and puts it on my body as I stand in front of my full body mirror. It does looks great. My minds flew away and I imagine myself walking through the aisle as Jae Won Oppa waits for me.

Princess... Can you hear us?

"Mwoya?! Why is it stuck?!" Both of the voices woke me up from my daydream.

"Yes!" she said while sit back after hit the dvd player a few times and it's working again.

I sighs and then turns back to the mirror to see myself with the white dress.

Princess... if you can hear us, we need you...

I turns back this time only to find the video stuck again and Jung Ah starting to hit the dvd player again. But that's not why I turned back.

"What's that?" 

"What's what?", asked Jung Ah back while the video works normally again.

"That. Don't you hear that? It says something", I walked toward the TV and try to hear it again.

"You mean the lyric?"

"No! I remember the lyric. That words were different" I started to terrifies.

"Yeah? What does it say?

"It--" I stopped as I heard another words.

Don't tell anyone. Don't trust anyone.

I turns back at the TV and it seems like the time passes so slow that I can hear only that words.

"Ji Hyun-A! Earth to Ji Hyun!" she shouted at me as she shakes my body.

"Wh-- what?" I asked with a blank face.

"I asked what does it say?"

I started to think about that words. Don't tell anyone, don't trust anyone. But, Jung Ah is my best friend. We've been together since high school. I can trust her. Right?

"Eobseo (nothing)... I think it was different. Turns out it's the lyric." I chuckled nervously. Yes, I changed my mind in that split second. Why? I have no idea either. I should trust her. She's my best friend by the way. But, it just feels wrong if I tell her. Then, what should I do?

"Really?" she asked curiously like she can get inside my head.

"Yeah.. That part... dowajwoyo mamamama mamamama Turn back" I pretends to sing one line of the lyric to make her believe me.

She laughs. "You really are going to be exotic."

"Andwae (No way)!" I said as I get back to my dresses and started to hang them back at my wardrobe.

Few hours later, Jung Ah went back to her home. Leave me alone at my room. I lived in a simple rent house since my parents died. I worked many part time jobs since then. I didn't go to collage after graduation and just worked as a waitress at a chinese restaurant. 

Line!

I picked up my phone and I can see a line message from Jae Won Oppa.

"Chagiya~ kkaeeoisseo (are you awake?)"

I smiled and reply his message as fast as I can.

"Trying to sleep. Mwo hae (what are you doing) oppa?"

Line!

"Amugeodo anhneunda (do nothing). Take rest, okay? Don't think too much about the engagement. Don't forget to dream about me too"

This is why I love Jae Won oppa. Aside of his fair look and charming side, he is so sweet and adorable. I can't imagine that there is another guy better than him in this whole planet.

"Ne oppa. Arasseo. Jal ja~"

I sent him a hug sticker after that which soon he replied with a kiss sticker.

"Jal ja~"

I turned off my phone and puts it on a desk beside my bed. I was just turned the lamp off when the voices from before starting to repeat itself. Echoing in my head.

Princess... if you can hear us, we need you...

I tried to forget it and trying to sleep instead. But, it just makes me more curious.

I woke up and turns on my laptop. As soon as it connected to the internet, I opens youtube and download Exo's Mama right away.

Careless careless. Shoot anonymous anonymous. Heartless, mindless. No one. Who care about me.

I heard the song carefully until the middle part but there's nothing.

"Mwoya? (what is this?) There's nothing."

Then I remembered the dvd was stuck before. So I try to slow down the video.

Princess... don't tell anyone! Don't trust anyone!

I can't believe I actually hear this. Do I lose my mind because I think too much about the engagement party? I tried to ignore that thought and download another music video. 

Geurae wolf naega wolf... Auw... Saranghaeyo. Nan neukdaego neon minyeo...

I slow it down a bit and there's another 'message' too.

Princess... the enemy is everywhere. Please be careful. We can't send more message because the enemy might know. We really hope you get this message.

Enemy? What the hell are they talking about? First they said to not trust anyone and now they said about enemy? I must really lose my mind.

Even though I try to resist myself to hear another video, I couldn't. I keep listening to their video one by one to find another message. There is nothing. Are they really stop sending messages?

I almost give up when I heard another message on their best hit, Growl.

Princess, if you get this message, please, let us know. Give us a sign. Any sign. Some of us already lose their hope. We need you. We believe in you.

Lose hope? Because of me? What the hell? Sign? What should I do? I shut down my laptop and try to go to sleep. I can't sleep easily because my mind keeps play the messages over and over. Finally I fall asleep after an hour trying but my unconscious mind also not allowed me to have a nice dream. In that dream, I was standing in some kind of ruins with many dead bodies around me and blood all over my hand. I screamed and screamed and finally I woke up. Sweaty.