Chapter 14

The Tale of the Princess and EXO Knights

Kris's POV

"What should we do?", Chanyeol asked in panic.

"We're doomed already", Baekhyun added.

"Even when she lost her memories why can't she lose her stubbornness too?", I answered by complaining. Her stubbornness caused many troubles back then and now it's happening again.

"Can you just teleporting out Hyung?", Sehun asked JongIn.

"That's too dangerous", I said before Kai answer.

We waited there for a moment until we heard a car parked in our yard.

"They ran away!", Suho yelled as he heard it.

"I'll go outside and open the door for you", Kai said before he teleported out and a second later we heard a click at the door. He opened the door and all the rest of us ran as fast as we can.

Running through the corridor, I can feel the adrenaline rushed through my vein. We stopped at the living room when we saw the man at the side of his car.

He smiled evilly before jump in his car and drive away from our sight. Our attention then switch to someone's moan. I can see blood spilled everywhere and next to it, lies her body. was cut.

We rushed to her sides. Lay sat next to her and put his hand right at the top of her neck. He's trying to heal her while all of us hold our breath in panic.

"She's healed already", Lay said after a few moments of silent. We were confused for a second till we understood the situation.

"Her magic is returned", Suho explained.

"But how?", Chanyeol asked all of a sudden.

"I think her power is awakened when she met us", Suho answered. 

"Yeah, that's make sense. I mean she lived normally all of her life and now she's one of us", I added.

We were stood there for a while, watching her healing. After it completed, I carry her up and take her to the main room. Lay her down on the bed, I can see her wound is all healed but she still asleep. I think she's too tired mentally and physically.

"Let her take a rest for a while", Luhan said as the others agreed and walk out of the room.

I stay silent in there as I hold her hand. I can feel her warmth and her silky skin in my hand. I felt so useless after what happened. How can we let this things happened to her in one day.

"Hyung, let's go", I heard Tao say to me in the door, waiting for me. I let go of her hand and stood up, watching her asleep in peace before I walk out of the room with Tao.

Nothing important happen again after that. Just some phone calls from our managers and office to tell us about our cancelled schedules.

We were on living room, doing anything we can to stay occupied. Minseok and Luhan are in the corner reading a magazine that I think is football magazine while DO on the other corner watching a movie in his laptop. Lay and Kai practiced dance moves near the corridor while the rest of us playing games on PlayStation and reading some comics. 

"Seems like we have to postpone our comeback on Inkigayo", Suho explained to us after hang up the phone.

"Hah, finally~ some days off", Sehun answered happily followed by the others' happy statements too.

"Ya ya ya~ we still have to work out our new album", Suho responded which make all of us frown to him. "But day off isn't bad", he added which followed by our happy shouts.

"Whooo-hoo", we shouted at each other. Not too loud but loud enough to express our happiness. 

It was all fine before the sky started to get darker, the wind blows so hard and our cola on the table started to freeze.

"Did you guys do this? It's not funny", Tao said while he curled on the couch followed by some of us.

"No! It's not me", Sehun answered instantly as he himself curled on the couch.

"It's not me neither", Minseok added before the situation get nastier. Our furnitures and stuffs on the table started to float in the air.

"Luhan?", I said in panic while the others started to get panic as well.

"It's not me. I swe-", Luhan answered but before he finished his sentence, it hits me. I realized in that second about what happened.

I ran out of the living room through the corridors, straight to the main room where I can see the princess already woke up. She was sitting on the bed like any other normal girl but she's not. There is a flame around her, surround her with her as the center of it.

"Princess!", I shouted at her.

"What happened? Stop it, please!", she screamed through the flame in panic.

"I can't. You did this and you are the only one who can stop it", I said as the rest of us entered the room as well.

"What?! It's impossible! I can't possibly do this", she yelled through the flame. How can she still denying her ability after what happened? Well it must be hard to realized that you are not what you think you are. But, this is her life. This is what she meant to do.

"You can. Just calm down. Don't panic, it'll get worse", I tried to calm her down. But it seems like I was make her more scared than before.

"Nice try, Kris", Suho mocked me. "It's going to be okay, Ji Hyun-ssi. Just think of something lovely and take a breath slowly", he said, try to calm her down.

"I-i can't", she yelled again. She's scared and I think if she can't hold it much longer. She'll faint in panic any moment from now.

That moment when I was going to save her from the flame by jump or more like fly across the flame, I was startled by her next move. She floats in the air, above the flame and fly out of it towards us. At first I think she was going to hit all of us but she didn't. She was fall right into Luhan's arms. At that moment, all of the flame, wind, and the others just stopped instantly.

"Are you okay?", Luhan asked her in panic.

"Yeah~ I-i'm fine, thanks", she answered, still shocked and confused at what happened. I ran towards them and help Luhan to put her down.

"Everything's going to be fine. We'll help you control your power", I said, seeing her still in shock.

"No no no! There is no we! This is it! I've been hurt, almost killed, and lose people I loved in one day. Now this... power? Magic? Whatever it is, I don't care. I don't want any of this. I want my old life back", she said non-stop. I can feel her pain, her lose, but we can't let her go. Not this time when we are this close.

"But--", I answered before I was cut by Suho.

"It's all your decision, Ji Hyun-ssi", Suho said while push me back and give me a 'back-off' look. I can't accept that but somehow I think this is for the best at least for now. "I know there are a lot to take. We'll do what you ask", he continued. No one complained. Seems like our thoughts are in sync.

"Good", she answered shortly, still run out of breath after her long complain. She was ready to leave when I hold her hand.

"Hold on! At least let me take you home. Just to make sure it safe", I said by giving her that reasonable reason.

"Fine. Thank you by the way, for saving my life. Twice", she said awkwardly which answered by the others.

It was a little bit awkward when we were about to leave. It's been decided that I and Kai will take her home. Well, it's good to have teleportation ability when you need to go to a place you never been before and it traffic-jam free.

"Hold my hand and think of the place that you wanna go", Kai gave the order to the princess. She nods lightly and think for a minute before I felt the sickening sensation in the pit of my stomach. The next second that sensation is gone and we already landed in front of her house.

"So... This is goodbye, I think?", she said as she let go of our hands and walk towards her house.

"Yeah think so", Kai answered shortly.

"We casted a spell to keep the enemy outside but, if there's anything happen, don't worry to give us a call. We'll come right away", I said worriedly, still can't let her go.

"Yeah... Um.. Thank you... For everything", she answered awkwardly.

Before the situation gets more awkward, Kai asked me to go home. I nods and before I can say anything, I already feel the sick sensation and the next second we already arrived in our dorm. The others were waiting.

"Is she okay?", Suho asked represent the others.

"Yeah, she's fine", Kai answered shortly.

"For now", I continued as I walk away and straight to my room.

"What's wrong with him?", Chanyeol asked vaguely. 

I choose to not hear the rest and just lie on my bed, thinking about her. Is she okay?