Meeting

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong had her eyes closed. Her arms stretched with a sword in her hands. She could hear her heartbeat and tried to steady her breath. Drops from exhaustion ran down her face and down her neck. Then she opened her eyes, made two within one turn and heard the pieces of bamboo drop that she had just chopped off the pole.

She reached for a towel and the water bottle when her phone rang. She pushed the loudspeaker button.

 

“The movie just finished” It was Eunji's voice.
“How was it?” Chorong opened her bottle and took a sip.

 

“Rather boring but there was a break. I will watch the sequel soon”
“Alright” Chorong smiled “Come over and we can look for another date”

 

“I'll be there in half an hour.”

Chanyeol was keeping watch. He was a little nervous but he had no other choice. With his arms wrapped around himself he regretted that he didn't have his other jacket with him.

 

“Can't we go home now? It's getting chilly” Jiyoon heard his voice through the headset.
“You can leave first if you want.”

 

“And who is going to take you to the hospital if you fall off the wall?”
“Well.. this is a bridge.. nothing can happen here” Was her reply.

 

“Yeah right... Next time don't tell me where you are going.”
“You asked” Jiyoon smiled and climbed higher. This was her first bridge this year and she decided to go for an easy climb.

 

“I know... next time.. use ropes”
“Where's the fun in that?” She heard a beeping sound

 

“Yeol. Hold on a second. I got someone on the other line”

 

“Yes?”
“It's Chorong. Have you eaten?”

Jiyoon smiled. “I'll be there in a second. I need to shower first” and hung up.

 

She looked at the distance she had already left behind, shrugged and jumped into the water.

Eunji was looking at the pictures when the door to Chorong's apartment beeped. Chorong was living in a loft. The interior was mostly white and the furniture had a clean design. She had all the latest technologies that people would buy to make life more comfortable but she rarely used it. Chorong left the bathroom and was rubbing her hair with a towel. She was wearing a white tank top and white pants, blending in perfectly.

 

Jiyoon entered the room followed by trace of water and mud, giving it all a rather comic contrast.

“Do you mind if I use your shower?”
“No, go ahead” Chorong answered

 

Jiyoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter