Person of the Past

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(flashback)
 

“Did you receive your order? Please confirm.”

 

“But... he is all I have” is what she thought.
“Eliminate the target” the voice in her ear repeated.

 

With a softer tone Leo said “Eunji, if you fail to execute orders- there will be another person who will replace you, and not hesitate.”

She knew he was right. They were trained to do what they were told and that you were not irreplaceable. If she would hesitate now, she would put both of their lives in danger.

 

Junghwan opened his mouth and although she couldn't hear him over the noise of the helicopter, she knew what he was saying.

 

“I'm sorry” is what he was trying to tell her. The words she should have been saying.

 

She raised her gun and fired a bullet into his chest. A clean and precise shot aiming for the heart. Overwhelmed by the shot he fell and he was lying there.
He was still lying there- barely breathing when she left with the helicopter.

 

For the first time she prayed. Not knowing what she was praying for...

Eunji opened her eyes. It was a windy day and she was just watching the water move. The waves swaying back and forth had something calming about them.

 

Someone approached her

 

“So you found me.”
“I told you I always will.”

She smiled a little hearing the response.

 

“You are the best after all.”
“Only after you left.” the guy replied.

 

Children were playing with their kites trying to let them fly.

 

“Do you sometimes wish for a normal life.. Be like them?”
“I have a normal life.” ,and he knew it wasn't their alias she was talking about.

 

We are not like them-  was what he wanted to say but they both knew that.

 

“Leo.", she paused. "Why did you buy my pictures?”
“I am not doing it for the organization.” knowing that's what she wanted to find out.

“My alias just happens to be a rich bachelor who needs distractions and finds them in your work.”

 

“And how would you describe it?” She wanted to know.
“Lonely” Was how he felt when she disappeared after that incident. She had faked her death but he always knew that she had been alive.
The only reason for him to have stayed was to fight at her side but now that she wasn't there anymore, it was too late for him to leave.

 

He couldn't tell her that he bought them because he just wanted to see her. It had been 4 years since the incident.

There was so much more he wanted to tell her.. but he thought it might not be the right time.

“Get in. Get out.” Chorong's words repeated in her head. “Get in. Get out.”

“Don't take risks. I don't want to scrape you off the sidewalk in the middle of the night”

 

Jiyoon hadn’t been sleeping for days. She was pissed, excited, angry, giddy- thinking about revenge and everything at once.
Having red bull was treating her fatigue... and everyone's nerves.

 

With Chorong's connections and a payload of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter