Final

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A little birdie told me a ghost wanted to see me.” Jonghyun smiled “I knew you weren't dead.”

They met at the docks in an alley surrounded by containers.

 

“What do you want?” he looked at her amused.

She didn't know. She thought she would find out once they met.

 

“Are you trying to destroy the organization? You know... you can't.  They made you and turned you into what you are today.. well..” He looked at her.
“Maybe a little outdated, but still.”

 

“I am not that ambitious. I just wanted to face you.” Eunji admitted.

“I am the organization.” he said.

“Well, then there is no point in choosing who to destroy first.”

 

“Alright. Let's fight this fair and square. Just the way you like it.” Jonghyun grinned.

 

But he didn't bother to take off his jacket.

“I don't think I will have to. This will be fast” and smirked. He raised his arms and with the right hand he waved her towards him.

“You might be right.” and as soon as she said it, she took a few fast steps only being stopped by his front kick. She stumbled a few steps back holding her stomach.

“Tz tz” he made. “Not there yet”

 

He was right, she has lost some of her speed over the years and she might have to take a hit or two, in order to land some punches. Straightening her back she tried to advance once more and before he was able to aim for her chest, she was able to block and grab his leg- answering with a kick hitting his ribs and aiming for his head.
He grasped the situation- raised his arm and keeping it bent to absorb the shock. While kicking to shorten the distance between them, Jonghyun took advantage of his height, slid to the side and this time he grabbed her leg. He hit her face with the back of his fist and slammed his elbow on her knee. The cracking sound made him smile and he let go of her.

Lying on the floor- Eunji tried to get up but he stepped on her injured knee. “I just wanted to make sure” and stepped on it once more, as if he wanted to grind out a cigarette. Before he turned around, she swept him off his feet with her healthy leg. She took the chance and managed to get on top of him. With her healthy knee blocking his one arm, she raised her fists. The pain in her knee made her lose sight but she striked out, started punching.

His face, his ribs, his chest and she wouldn't stop. Although he had one arm left, he could only use it to lessen the impact but not to stop the punches that never seemed to end. “Eunji stop.” A voice in her head said. She rolled down from Jonghyun's body and she could see that blood was covering his face, her hands and clothes. His blood.

 

She came with the possibility of killing him, but facing Jonghyun and seeing him like that- on the floor and with no strength to fight back, she didn't feel the need to kill him any longer.. Because that wouldn't bring Junghwan back. She tried to get up and started leaving. Her pendant, that got ripped off the chain during the fight, was glistening in the light and she bent down to pick it up. Behind her she could hear him get up and shuffling.


“That's it?”, he coughed. “You came all the way here.. for this?”, he laughed as he spitted on the floor, stained with b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter