The Mission

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong parked the van in an alley two blocks away from the motel where the boy was hidden. Chorong would stay in the van and keep in contact with Jiyoon and Eunji through their communication devices. Jiyoon wanted to make some rounds to get a better view on the building and meet up at their agreed spot. There they waited for the night to come.

 

“Are they serious... that place is a dump. No cameras, no securities just a fat donut- eating cop”
“Jiyoon...” Chorong looked at her.

 

“Ok ok, not fat.. just a tiny bit overweight”
“He is not the one I am worried about." Eunji said. " I am sure we will get company soon. Can you take care of the cop?” 

 

“Ouch. That hurt.” Grabbing her chest as if she had been stabbed.
“Of course I can!” Jiyoon whispered. “And the company as well”

“Alright. I will take your word for it.” Eunji nodded. It was time.

 

They had no difficulties entering the building. The run-down motel was barely occupied and the ones who were inhabiting the few rooms didn't seem like the type that would care for anything. Jiyoon had knocked the officer down. She snorted about his poor attempt to hide his intentions- and his gun. “What a waste” she thought but she had promised Chorong to use her needles to cause less commotion. “As if someone would care...”. But maybe it was better than letting Eunji handle the situation “Your manhood is safe with me buddy” and patted his shoulder and grabbed one of the donuts. She leaned with her back against the wall, waiting outside while Eunji entered the room.

 

The room wasn't well lit. The person in a corner flinched and turned around. He was shaking so much, he was barely able to stand up. He had his arms raised. A gun in his hands.

 

“Who are you?”
She didn't answer. Because she didn't know how.

 

“Why are you here?”
“To see you” Eunji replied.

 

He was still shaking and although he was the one with the gun, he seemed to be more frightened than she should have been. It was not hard to tell that he has never laid his hands on a gun before. As she came closer, the light that came from a passing car lit her face for a moment.

 

“I saw a picture of you... you're supposed to be dead.” He said with his eyes widened.
“But I am not...”

 

That moment Eunji could hear people coming up the steps.
“We've got company” Jiyoon said.

 

“Where is it?” Eunji asked with her firm voice, facing the boy again.
“What?”

 

“The implant”
“What implant?? What are you talking about?” He pointed the gun at her and unlocked it, looking even more terrified than before

 

“Have you received an injection almost 3 days ago?”
“How... do you know?”

 

“The organization injected an implant under your skin” she said
“Why should I believe you?”

 

She grabbed his right hand, twisted his wrist and caught the gun that was about to fall and disassembled it.
“Because I could have killed you by now”

 

He sank to the ground and she kneeled down to  pull up his sleeves,  to see where the implant had been injected.

“They said it was one of the regular vaccines we receive annually.” , he said and pointed at his thigh.



Eunji took out her knife and slit his pants starting from the hem and ripped it until she found what she was looking for. She didn't want to waste more time and right that moment- the door was forced open and a few men came through. Someone had climbed through the window and attacked the intruders with a staff. She turned to the boy again and she could see how scared he was. “Kai”, she called him by his name. “I'm not going to lie. This will be painful. But if you can bear the pain. I promise... you won't have to die today”. She ripped a piece of cloth from his pants, rolled it up and handed it to him. “Bite on it. It won't ease the pain but it helps”. Once he put it in his mouth, she looked him in the eyes “Are you ready?”. He gave her a silent answer.

 

Jiyoon entered the room and looked at the men who were covering the floor. Unconscious. She was fending off a few others in the hallway, but there were too many of them. Looking around the room, one was still standing and was walking towards Eunji. He hadn't noticed her yet and she took the chance, took a big step and put him to sleep.

 

She ran over to Eunji's side “Is he going to be okay?”
Eunji nodded. “He lost a lot of blood but the bleeding stopped for now.”

 

“He looks a little pale.”
“We need to get them out of here. Could you do something to ease his pain?”

 

“Yup. Wait. What?” Jiyoon's eyes widened “What do you mean by THEM?”
Eunji looked behind Jiyoon “He is on our side.” Jiyoon followed her eyes and stared at the body she just put to sleep.

 

“You are kidding.” She noticed the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter