Epilogue

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE

I open my eyes but close them immediately. The lights are blinding me. My eyes try to adjust. A young man stands beside my bed. I don't know who he is. Is he a friend? Someone I know? In fact, I cannot remember anything. He introduces himself as Leo. He tells me that he has found me unconscious. It must have been a blessing in disguise- at least that's how he called it. Due to the gun shot I have lost a lot of blood but no vital organs were harmed but the amount of blood loss has put my life in danger. I was even dead for a minute or two but I cannot remember any of it, which also has to do with the blood loss and terms I can't understand. My heart happens to be on the right side of my chest and I learn that there is a term for it. Dextrocardia situs inversus. What a funny name I think.
“Right is always right” the thought pops in my head and I wonder where that memory is coming from but it sounds about.. right.


Leo visits me every other day. I look forward to his visits since I don't know anyone. He brings me books with images, trying to help me. The doctors said I might be able to associate things with certain images. I wonder if it's a curse- the loss of my memory I mean. Leo always seems to find the right words- he said I might have lost happy memories but the bad ones are also gone and if the good ones outweighed them, the feeling that came with those will come back. I hope he is right.

I look at the pile of books he had brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter