Encounters

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoon looked around. At least the location was cool. It was an old factory and about to be demolished. The canvasses with Eunji's pictures were hanging from the ceiling at different heights. These filled the center of the hall. Another cool thing about the installation was that Chorong had fabrics printed with motives of water and forests that Eunji had done in the past and those were hanging and filling the rest of the space. She liked that part the best. After you were bored of watching the canvasses you could actually walk through the “forest” and get lost.

 

Chorong was busy to welcome the rich and famous, so she had a look at some of the works. She was looking at one where you could see a bench facing the ocean. Something about that picture made her really sad. With her arms crossed she tilted her head, trying to figure out what that picture could mean. A noisy couple in their mid-twenties started blabbering about how the colors “melted” and were “harmonizing”. Lucky- someone with a tray passed by and she grabbed a glass with sparkling wine. “I think we are going to be best buddies today”, she said with a wink and decided to take a second glass just in case he wouldn't come back.


She already washed down the first glass and she could feel the condescending stares from the sophisticated couple next to her. Now facing their direction, she wanted to give them the sweetest smile she had while drinking- but when she saw a familiar face entering the hall, she got so startled that she threw up all the liquids she had over the couple.

 

“How the hell did he find me!!!” Jiyoon screamed in her head and looked for a place to hide like a maniac.

“Oh no! He saw me. Why the is he waving??” She turned to run for her life- but a bunch of people gathered to have a look at the canvasses behind her
“. I'm trapped.”

 

“Hello, hello. Who do we have here?”

She slowly turned and felt like a cornered bunny. She was tempted to reach for her needles which were hiding in her wristband.

“Have you received my gift?” It was Mr. Douchebag.

 

Suddenly a tall guy appeared next to her.

“There you are. Here is your drink- you looked parched.” He looked at Mr. D-bag and introduced himself.

“Hello. My name is Kris.” shaking hands.

 

Mr. D-bag wanted to ignore him but asked him something instead
“Kris? Don't you have a last name?” and snorted

 

“Some people know me by Wu YiFan”
Kris answered politely but his eyes were saying s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter