Fight or Flight

Another Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“His name is Kai.” Leo said when Eunji looked at the envelope he handed her. It was a picture of a boy- a moment where he felt unobserved.

“This boy is part of a new program but while he was straying around, he heard some things he wasn't supposed to. He managed to escape but since he didn't know anyone he could trust, he went to the police”

“Witness- protection program?”
Hoik nodded. “The worst place to be right now.”

“Why should I get involved?”
“It's about our old friend.”

She remembered him clearly. That friend wasn't someone she would easily forget


(Flashback)

With his arm wrapped around he got her into a headlock.
“Hm.. you are losing your moxie Eunji.” Jonghyun said.

She was pressing her hand against his elbow while trying to keep her neck as close to her chest before the lock could cut off her oxygen. She wasn't giving up just yet and in a moment of pushing and pulling she hammered her elbow into his ribs, making sure to hit the same spot over and over again. Losing the grip for a second she slipped out- dashed towards him, punching his rib bows and solar plexus. The second he needed to catch a breath she took his arm and threw him over her shoulder. With him lying on his back, she thought that it was enough for the day.

“Alright, alright you won”
“Moxie enough for you?”, Eunji smiled down at him.


“Ok, I take it back” Jonghyun said.
She offered him a hand to get back up.


“You are so mean. Always aiming for my kidneys.”
“It's your weak spot after all” she said while unwrapping the bandages.


“You know. There is this rumor that you are getting too involved”, he winked. “Having too much fun I mean.”
“I don't know what you mean.”


"It wouldn't be the first time someone was having a good time with the target." Jonghyun said jokingly bu then his tone changed.

“Well, just make sure that it doesn't get out of hand.” he looked at her, his expression changed as well. “Or someone will have to report it”

(Flashback end.)

“Do they know... I am alive?” Eunji asked.

 

“They don't know that you are but the feeling that you might be scares them.” Leo said.
“So the one interfering our jobs recently. Is he also from the organization?”

 

“Not necessarily. They are my protegés.”
“They?”


“You will get to know them if you like... “

Chorong was sure someone was trying to break into her apartment. She was familiar with the sound of glass being cut. She quickly dimmed the lights and went around the corner, trying to observe who was bold enough to invade her privacy. The subtle noise came from her bedroom and from here she had the best view on the door and her laptop. Someone with dark clothes came in but she couldn't recognize a face as it was covered, except for the eyes. She wasn't sure what the person was after but her laptop seemed to has sparked the interest.

As he seemed unarmed she approached “What are you doing here?”.
She was wrong.

As soon as she came out of her corner, he took out a stick from behind his back and with a clicking sound- it turned into a bo-staff.
Without a second of hesitation he attacked her and she was quick to duck, running to her wall with her – what most people assumed decorative weapons.
Taking her sais to defend herself, she made it even harder for the attacker to land a hit.

She threw one of her sais in his direction which distracted him for a second and she dashed forward to strike him with the grip. She didn't want blood to be spilled.
Her opponent was taken by surprise but got a hold of himself fast and aimed for her stomach with a front kick to get the distance he needed. Chorong fell and rolled backwards to get back on her feet. The masked guy still didn't give up and ran after her when she jumped over the couch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter