Chapter 7

Blooming Love

When Baekhyun entered the class, he wanted to squeal but kept it inside to not disturb the adorable moment he was witnessing.

 

Sehun was sitting at his table chatting with Luhan standing at his right. Sehun must have said something that didn’t please Luhan because the latter puffed his cheeks in annoyance. But he looked just so cute, that was surely why Sehun started laughing. Luhan frowned, making Sehun laugh even more.

 

After a while of watching Sehun, Luhan’s expression soften. Probably happy to see Sehun laughing this much.

 

Baekhyun grinned, glad to see them like this. Also proud to see that the first time he saw Sehun laughing was thanks to Luhan.

 

 

Just perfect for each other..

 

 


 

 

"Baekhyun.."

 

"..."

 

"Baekhyun."

 

"..."

 

"Hey, Baekhyun."

 

"What?!" Baekhyun cried.

 

"Woow calm down! Are you gonna eat your dessert?"

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes while giving his cake to Kai. How could you think about eating when there was a sweet couple in front of you? That was why he was irritated whenever Kai called him and he had to look away. Seriously, he could just take it! No need to ask! Baekhyun didn’t care! And it was not like he’d notice anyway.

 

"Sehun!"

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes. Who. was. interrupting. them. again.?! When he opened them, he saw a boy with short brown hair, looking at Sehun, expression bright.

 

“I didn’t know you were in this school, that’s awesome!”

 

"Ah, that’s because I came here not too long ago. Nice to see you again."

 

Baekhyun didn’t like how the boy's expression brightened when he saw Sehun’s smile. He also didn’t like how Luhan looked right now.

 

"Well, I hope to see you around often." He waved and left.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Taehyun. Luhan and I met him at the restaurant, he’s a waiter there."

 

"I see…" Baekhyun said absentmindly. Not liking how Luhan was eating slowly, looking at nothing but his plate, seemingly thinking about something.

 

The rest of the day, Sehun talked to Luhan like everytime but Baekhyun noticed how his best friend's replies were short and abstracted. He wanted to ask him what was wrong even if he knew Luhan's mood had something to do with this Taehyun guy. But seeing Sehun and Luhan going home together, he let it slide.

 

 


 

 

"You’re going?"

 

"Yes, I have to go now or I’ll miss them at the airport."

 

"That’s awesome Luhan!" Baekhyun said cheerfully, "it’s been months since you last saw them!"

 

"Your parents?" Sehun asked.

 

"Yes, they’re busy working overseas. I can’t see them often."

 

"Ah, it must be hard.."

 

Luhan looked at Sehun, confused. How could he look sorry when he was the one who could never see his parents?

 

He hid his thoughts behind a smile. “Yeah, but it’s fine. They call me and send me letters when they have time.”

 

"That’s great."

 

Looking at Sehun, Luhan couldn’t help but frown slightly. Was he genuinely smiling, or, was he faking again?

 

He shook his head. “Well, I’ll go now or I’ll be late.”

 

"Be careful." Luhan smiled at Sehun. They stared at each other for like a second but,

 

 

A second too long for Kai.

 

 

"You can kiss now." They both turned to see an annoyed Kai. Sehun glared at him, and Luhan lowered his head, hiding his pink cheeks.

 

"I’ll go with you." Sehun said, standing up.

 

Watching them walking towards the door, Kai huffed. “Seriously, how can they still don’t understand they love each other? It’s like everyone see it but them.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “They’ll understand eventually.”

 

"Hi, do you know where is Sehun please?"

 

Kai and Baekhyun turned around to see Taehyun looking around the cafeteria.

 

Baekhyun scowled. “And why do you want to know?”

 

Taehyun blinked, surprised by Baekhyun's annoyed tone.

 

Kai sighed. “He’s with Luhan.”

 

"..Oh…" Oh? "Okay, thanks."

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at Taehyun, He didn’t know what was the problem of this guy but one thing for sure,

 

 

He didn’t like him.
 

 


 

 

Sehun and Luhan were at the library. It was great they could spend some time together. The day before, Luhan left to see his parents who stayed until noon today, so he missed school this morning.

 

But more than school, he missed Sehun.

 

When doing their homeworks, Sehun doesn’t talk often. He’s concentrated and only help if you ask. Luhan doesn’t mind, he just like spending time with him, and, glancing at him occasionally.

 

Like now.

 

"Hey Sehun! Luhan!"

 

They both looked up to see Taehyun coming to their table.

 

"So you were at the library the whole time! I searched you guys everywhere!" He took a seat at Sehun’s right, (Luhan was at his left) "Hope you don’t mind if I stay here?"

 

Luhan wanted to scream ‘Yes! I do!’ but he wasn’t going to do that of course. Plus, Taehyun was asking the question at Sehun so, it was not like his opinon mattered.

 

"Uh, no, I don’t."

 

"Great!"

 

The rest of the time was like a torture to Luhan. Taehyun was smiling and asking help every five minutes to Sehun. Luhan frowned, It was like he didn’t exist.

 

He was relieved that they were now going home. Meaning time with Sehun and Sehun only.

 

"I’ll walk you guys home!"

 

 

Okay, maybe not.

 

 

Even if Sehun was here, Luhan wished he was going home alone. Taekhyun was walking with them.

 

Between them.

 

It was like he was trying to separate him from Sehun, like he wanted to keep Sehun to himself.

 

"Are you okay, Luhan?"

 

Luhan looked at Taehyun. “Yes, thanks..” To which the latter replied with a smile.

 

Luhan felt bad. He couldn’t think like this of Taehyun when he was just being a good friend. He was Sehun’s friend too, if he was happy, then he shouldn’t be jealous.

 

When they arrived in front of Luhan’s door, he bid them goodbye and saw them heading towards Sehun’s home. He didn’t like how close they were, but it was not like Luhan could say anything. He was Sehun’s friend.

 

 

Nothing more.

 

 


 

 

The first thing Luhan saw when he closed his door was Sehun's smile. Directly, he smiled back, he really liked going to school with him.

 

Sehun is calm, the walk is most of the time silent, but comfortable.

 

They did like, three steps, when they heard someone calling their names and Luhan wished he was still in bed, dreaming.

 

"Going to school?" Taehyun asked with a wide smile. "Let’s go together!"

 

Luhan didn’t move, and neither did Sehun. Luhan was plainly upset, was it going to be a regular thing? Taehyun bothering them everytime? As for Sehun, he didn’t know, but he didn’t look that happy to see him…

 

It was starting to be awkward so Luhan started walking. “Yeah, let’s go together.”

 

Taehyun went with them to their class, to Luhan's displeasure, and of course, the teacher had to be super early, meaning going to your seat without talking to Sehun.

 

Great.

 

Luhan plopped down on his seat and sighed.

 

 


 

 

There were not four, but five boys at their usual table. Taehyun was gleefully chatting, mostly to Sehun. Luhan and Baekhyun were super annoyed. Even Kai who didn’t care about the couple-who-obviously-love-each-other-but-don’t-ing-make-a-move was tired of Taehyun. He would rather see Luhan glancing at Sehun every two minutes.

 

"Oh, Is this for you Luhan?"

 

Luhan always put his phone on the table, it had three straps; one is a little deer, the other a little heart, and the last an “L”.

 

Taehyun laughed. “You like this kind of childish stuffs?”

 

Luhan’s face dropped. Baekhyun gave Taehyun an ‘Are you serious’ glare. He knew how Luhan suffered because of all those persons who mocked him for liking cute things, for being too girly. He even cried one day because of that, and would have thrown away all his favorite things if Baekhyun hadn't stopped him.

 

He was about to say something but,

 

"It’s not childish." Everyone looked at Sehun. "He can like whatever he wants, it shouldn’t be something to laugh about."

 

The table was silent for a few seconds before Taehyun smiled. “You’re right.” he turned to Luhan. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have laughed, it was stupid.”

 

Luhan gave him a short nod, not looking away from his food. It was always Baekhyun who defended him, so it was weird having someone else doing it.

 

 

Especially if that someone was Sehun.

 

 

From there on, they were eating silently. And it was strange but, Luhan hoped Taehyun would talk again soon to cover the sound of his heartbeat…