Chapter 10

Blooming Love

"Where is Taehyun?"

 

They were at the cafeteria as usual, but something felt odd, it was calm, too calm.

 

Baekhyun glared at all of them, how dare they ignoring him?

 

"Hey! I asked something!"

 

"He's not coming."

 

Baekhyun looked at Sehun, pleased, he sighed. "Good thing!"

 

Feeling satisfied, he looked at Sehun and Luhan, waiting for their interactions to celebrate it, but nothing happened. They both were focused on their food. He frowned. "Is something wrong?"

 

Luhan wanted to tell Baekhyun what happened, he always tells him everything, and he didn't want to lie to him. But he couldn't. Something told him not to. "Nothing."

 

Baekhyun looked at him, searching for the truth, but not seeing anything aside that he looked uncomfortable, he dropped the subject. "Okay..."

 

Baekhyun never give up. He always finish knowing what happened, and Luhan always tells him in the end. If he doesn't do it now, he'll wait.

 

But not too much, he hates being the only one not knowing. Kai knew for sure since he didn't ask for his dessert.

 

He looked attentively at the two persons in front of him. Luhan was thinking about something, and Sehun... weirdly looked in deep thoughts too...

 

 

Baekhyun's eyes darted back and forth between the two.

 

 

 

What the is wrong...?

 

 


 

 

Luhan was at the library, waiting to go home with Baekhyun. The latter insisted to come – surely to know what happened. Sehun was at work, and Kai, it was one of those rare day he didn't have homeworks so he already left.

 

Lately, most of his time at the library were spent thinking about things, like Sehun for exemple. He was always thinking about Sehun... But well, right now, he was thinking about Taehyun, about what he said..

 

"And you think I don’t know him?"

 

"No I don't know.."

 

"Who are you to tell me if I like or love a person?!"

 

"Certainly not you..." He sighed.

 

He was always angry and jealous when Taehyun keeps Sehun to himself, but... He did the same. Worse even.

 

He told him, he didn't love Sehun, like, who was he to say something like that?

 

He looked towards the window when he heard the sound of the rain. I hope Sehun took an umbrella...

 

"Luhan?"

 

"T-Taehyun?" Luhan wasn't sure if he was ready to talk to him so soon. "Uh, I–"

 

"I'm sorry." Luhan looked up. "I'm sorry for what happened. Really, I shouldn't have done this to you, it was wrong."

 

Luhan didn't expect Taehyun to say that, he was sure he'd never want to talk to him again.

 

"No, it's my fault. I understand why you were angry, you had the right to be. What I've said was hurtful. I'm in no place to tell if you love someone or not. I myself didn't know right away so, I think... you're right, I was being selfish."

 

"You shouldn't. What you said was right."

 

"What?"

 

"..I don't know if I love him.."

 

Luhan gave him a confused look, Taehyun sighed, and sat in front of him.

 

"Two years ago, I had two friends, Daejung and Minwoo. After living for almost one year with them, I fell in love with Daejung. He loved me back, I'm sure of it. so I confessed to him, but," he let out a frustrated sigh, "he told me Minwoo already confessed, earlier that day and... he... he accepted."

 

Luhan frowned. "Didn't you said he loved you too?"

 

"That's what I thought, and that's what I still think today. I know it's bad but I wished they'd break up. They never. They're still together, happier than ever. Daejung asked me to leave, he couldn't bear the tension. Sincerly, I couldn't either, I would have left anyway."

 

Luhan was speechless, so that was why he was acting like that. He didn't want the story to repeated itself. That was also why he told him he loved Sehun right away...

 

"Taehyun.. I wasn't going to tell you this but.. I think you need to know."

 

"What is it?"

 

Luhan hesitated a bit, but he thought Taehyun had to know. He couldn't hide that to him after what he just heard. "I'll confess to Sehun."

 

To Luhan surprise, Taehyun replied immediatly. "I know. You told me you love him, it was expected."

 

"....I mean, today."

 

Taehyun frowned slightly. "What?"

 

Luhan took a deep breath. "I'll confess to him today."

 

This time, Taehyun stayed silent, Luhan continued, "I'm waiting for him to get off work, I'll go home with Baekhyun and to his after.."

 

Luhan bit his lips. Now that he said out loud what he was going to do, he was a lot less confident. Also the look Taehyun was giving him wasn't encouraging. He had a emotionless face, but his eyes gave him away. It was not necessary to know him for a long time to see that he was hurt. Knowing for sure or not, his mind kept telling his heart he loved Sehun for three weeks. The feeling woudn't fade away in one day...

 

But he couldn't hide to Taekhyun that he loved Sehun, and it was not like he didn't already know. He didn't want to hurt him, but it was better that Taehyun know what he was going to do than founding out later, by himself.

 

"That's great."

 

Luhan looked up, astounded. "Really?"

 

"Yeah, the sooner the better."

 

Luhan grinned, not believing what he just heard. "I'm really happy you're okay with it." He was so relieved.

 

Taehyun smiled. "Oh, Luhan, is Baekhyun coming soon? I have to take something on my locker."

 

Luhan shook his head. "He'll be here in ten minutes, I'll come with you."

 

Walking next to Taehyun, Luhan smiled, he wanted to express his gratitude for being so understanding. But it would be a little weird to thank him for letting him confess. He wondered if he would have do it if Taehyun told him not to...

 

Lost in his thoughts, Luhan didn't notice Taehyun wasn't next to him anymore.

 

"Taehyun?"

 

He looked behind and there was a door slightly open, it wasn't when he walked by seconds ago, so he get in, thinking that Taehyun was probably inside.

 

"Taehyun?" he called. It was somber, the only source of light was from the corridor, "Taehy–"

 

The door abruptly closed. Luhan's eyes widened from fear and also by instinct because it was now completely dark. He quickly make his way to the door, trying to open it, but it was locked. He bumped his fists on the door.

 

"Taehyun! Are you here?! I'm locked!" he cried several times, but, nothing. And most of the students already left. With fear taking over, he almost forgot he had his phone.

 

They weren't any network, but right now, he had no other solution so he tried. "Please, please, Baekhyun pick up.."

 

It didn't work.

 

Luhan took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. He sat on the floor, and used his phone light to look around. Apart from some mops and seals, there weren't anything. Luhan hate being locked, especially in the dark. But at least he had his phone to light up the piece a little. His battery won't last long though. He was scared thinking at how many time he'll stay here, but it was nothing compared to the sound he just heard.

 

Oh no.. He was calming down, but was now strongly shaking. The sound of thunder making his breathing uneven. Another one, bigger this time. Luhan covered his ears and closed his eyes tightly. No, no, no, please, no!

 

At the third sound, tears were falling.

 

 


 

 

"Sorry Luhan.." Taehyun whispered while the boy was crying his name behind the door. "But I need to know."

 

He took some steps back .

 

"Sorry."

 

He walked away.

 

"I need to be sure."

 

 


 

 

From: Luhan 
18:42
I'm at the library now,
I 'm waiting you.
 
 

Baekhyun looked at the message again and frowned. He was at the library and Luhan was not here. Not at their usual table.

 

He tried calling him, but he wasn't replying. After some calls, he decided to call Sehun.

 

"Allo?"

 

"Sehun! Is Luhan with you?" Baekhyun really hope he was. Maybe Luhan decided to go see him and forgot to tell him. No matter the reason, he just wished he was with him.

 

"No, why?"

 

Baekhyun sighed "Well, I was going to go home with him, he was waiting at the library, that's what he said 20 minutes ago, but I can't find him and he's not replying to his phone."

 

"I'm coming."

 

"Wha–"

 

Sehun hung up. Baekhyun blinked at his phone. He would have curse at him if he wasn't so worried. He stayed at the entrance, asking the last few students leaving if they saw Luhan. Some told him no, and of course, some didn't know who he was. He was about to call him again when he saw Sehun coming to him.

 

"Sehun! Have you tried calling him too?!" he asked desesperately.

 

Sehun came to him and closed his umbrella. "Yeah... but it's not working.."

 

Baekhyun looked at Sehun dejected, he was more than worried now.

 

"I'll search this way, okay?"

 

He would have broken down if Sehun didn't break the silence. He was thankful Sehun wasn't showing any sign of nervousness even if he was certainly as worried as him.

 

Baekhyun nodded. "I'll return to the library to search some more."

 

Sehun looked at the first floor, but all the classes were closed now, so he went down again thinking that he would maybe have more chances if he looked outside. He was about to go out when he saw someone coming to him. He continued his way, ignoring him, but chose to turn away when that someone called his name a second time.

 

"What do you want, Taehyun?"

 

"Can I talk to you?"

 

Sehun frowned, he was already turning away when he said, "I'm kind of in a hurry so sorry–"

 

"What if I tell you I love you?"

 

Sehun stopped, he looked or more like glared at Taehyun, waiting for him to say 'I'm joking' and Sehun was ready to told him he didn't want to laugh right now, but his unsmiling face wasn't going away.. So either he was really good or,

 

"I'm serious." Taehyun took a step forward. "So? What would you say?"

 

Sehun looked at him blankly, he was still waiting for Taehyun to laugh and told him it was a joke, but no, he was more than serious.

 

"Sorry, I don't." His reply came out quickly.

 

Too quickly.

 

Taehyun looked down, before looking at him again. "I didn't ask if you loved me."

 

"..."

 

"I don't care if you don't love me now, I want to know if it'll ever be possible."

 

Sehun took some time to reply. Not because he didn't know the answer, he wouldn't have hesitate to say it if Taehyun wasn't looking at him with hopeful eyes. If what Taehyun was saying was true, he should respect it and try not to hurt him.

 

"It won't."

 

After some silent seconds, Taehyun asked, "Is it because of him?"

 

He looked at Sehun. Seeing how he didn't move and kept his face expressionless, Taehyun shook his head and let out a dry laugh.

 

"I knew it..." he murmered. With one last look at Sehun he started heading towards the school's gate.

 

He made a few steps when he suddenly stopped to turn towards Sehun again who didn't move from his spot.

 

"If you're searching Luhan," Sehun instantly looked up, "he's in the piece next to the locker 147. Third floor."

 

Sehun looked at him confusedly. He wanted to ask him what was Luhan doing there? How did he know that? And some other things but right now, what was important was Luhan so he turned around and ran upstairs.

 

Taehyun went out, not caring how the rain was hitting him. Not caring how the thunders were growling.

 

 

 

"At least, this time, I confessed first right?"

 


 

 

Luhan didn't know how long he was stuck here, he didn't bother looking at his phone. The thunders were too loud, he just wanted it to stop...

 

 

~~~~~~

"Who is it?" a teacher asked.

 

"Luhan." another teacher replied.

 

"Luhan?" The first asked again, confused.

 

"He's the new kid from China, we don't know where his parents are."

 

A 6 years old Luhan was hugging his knees, crying.

 

"He's been waiting for a long time now.. We should do something."

 

"I'm not his mother, she should be here, not me. Let's go."

 

"Are we really going to left him here?" She sounds worried, but opened her umbrella and walked outside with the other teacher. At least, she cared enough to look at him until he was ot of sight.

 

It was pouring, at the first sound of thunder, Luhan cried.

 

"Yah! Shut up!" Luhan looked up, tears falling down, a kid was looking at him with a disgusted face.

 

His mother came. "Hey! don't be mean!"

 

The kid huffed. "Look at him, he's ridiculous. He's afraid of thunders, like seriously?"

 

His mother took his arm, dragging him outside. "Leave him alone."

 

"Yes alone." He snorted. "At least my parents are here." he smiled.

 

Luhan looked at them leaving in their car. More tears fell, the thunders were terrifying him. He was shuddering from coldness, the coldness of some persons. Nobody came to him, parents, teachers, classmates, nobody, they just gave him side glances, whispering 'poor kid'. They all saw him crying but didn't do anything.

 

At that very moment, Luhan thought nobody cared about him. The kid was right. He was alone...

~~~~~~

 

 

Thinking about this memory engraved in his mind, Luhan didn't hear the sound of the door opening. He didn't hear, nor see someone coming to him. But the feeling of arms hugging him tightly, he felt it.

 

His vision was blurry, but he didn't need it to know who it was. Though he was feeling warm now, he wanted to be sure he wasn't dreaming.

 

With a faint voice he asked, "Sehun?"

 

"Yeah? Do you need something?"

 

Luhan shook his head, and slowly put his arms around him, pressing further. Silently telling him that what he needed right now was him.

 

Sehun rubbed his back until the rain stopped.

 

Luhan stopped shaking and crying, but the fact that he, again, made Sehun worry about him made the wetness came back in his eyes.

 

Hearing a sniffing, Sehun pulled away, Luhan kept his head low, hiding it, but he couldn't hide the tears falling down his face.

 

Sehun cupped his cheeks, making Luhan slightly look up. He wiped his tears away without saying anything.

 

"Sehun?"

 

When Luhan heard Baekhyun, he turned his face the other way.

 

"He's not at the library and it's going to close soon anyway, have you found– Luhan!"

 

Baekhyun rushed towards them. "W-what happened?! Is he okay?! Luhan! Are you okay?!"

 

"I'll go home with him, Baekhyun. I'll text you."

 

Baekhyun drift his eyes from Luhan to Sehun. "Wha-what? But–"

 

Sehun gave him a 'please don't' look to which, after some time, Baekhyun sighed and nodded. He gave one last look at Luhan who refused to show his face and watched them go out.

 

 


 

 

Sehun was supporting Luhan during the walk. They both were silent.

 

What could Sehun say? 'It's okay?', 'Everything's fine?' No he couldn't. Even if it was to make Luhan feels better, he wasn't going to say it if it was not true.

 

Luhan abruptly stopped walking.

 

"What's wrong?" Sehun asked.

 

He followed Luhan's gaze and, when he saw what Luhan was looking at, his eyes widened and his mouth fell. He took a deep breath and looked away, indicating Luhan to continue walking.

 

But Luhan let go and ran in the park. Sehun sighed and went after him.

 

"Luhan, it's useless..."

 

"No! no! We can do something!"

 

"Luhan.."

 

"No!" he cried at Sehun, who didn't bother hiding his sadness. It was too much. Too much was happening.

 

Sehun bent down and took Luhan's hand, who reluctantly got up and followed him.

 

His eyes looking at nothing but the dead rose.

 

 

I'm sorry...

 

 

 

 



Longer chapter than the previous ones, (2K+) well sorry, it's not that fluffy, but it's going to come back, don't worry.
Bear it just a li~~~ttle more please! Thank you! :)