Chapter 12

Blooming Love

Luhan plopped on his bed. Should I do it or...?

 

He was so sure minutes ago of what he was going to do. He was more than ready.

 

But yeah, it was minutes ago...

 

Now he was lying on his bed, clutching his phone.

 

Okay Luhan, you can do it!

 

He nodded to himself and pressed the "1" button. His heart started beating fast.

 

Urg seriously! It's just talking to him over the phone! You can do this. You can do thi–

 

"Allo?"

 

Eep! I can't do this!

 

"H-hey Sehun! How are you?" Luhan facepalmed, like seriously? He just came back home with him fifteen minutes ago and he asks him now how he's doing?

 

"Fine? Sorry I took long to reply, I was in the shower."

 

S-shower?! So is he... ?

 

 

...

 

 

Luhan closed his eyes, wishing he didn't just think about that. I spend too much time Baekhyun...

 

"U-uh oh I see.." I wish I could. He coughed awkwardly. "Uhm Sehun, are you free tomorrow?"

 

"Yes, why? You need help for your homeworks?"

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. Did Sehun really think that if Luhan was asking this, it was because he wanted to sudy?!

 

"No, I just want to spend time with you."

 

Luhan gulped after he realized what he just said. He cursed himself, the situation and his phone for working.

 

"Oh.. well yes, I'm not doing anything."

 

"Great! I'll be there tomorrow!"

 

Luhan was going to Sehun's home tomorrow. He needed everything to be perfect! He won't ruin everything like their first "date" – that's how he calls it – at the restaurant. Plus they won't go out, he'll be with Sehun and just Sehun.

 

 

Just Sehun.

 

 

Wait.

 

 

He'll stay at Sehun's place, with Sehun, only the two of them?

 

 

...

 

 

He shook his head.

 

 

I spend definitely too much time with Baekhyun...

 

 


 

 

"Hi Sehun!" Luhan greeted when the boy opened his door. He tried to act as natural as possible, but it was Luhan we're talking about, a Luhan in presence of Sehun. He was a little too excited and had a big grin on his face.

 

Sehun noticed it and smile slightly. "Have you eaten?" he asked while closing the door.

 

"Yes, not too long ago." Sehun nodded, Luhan followed him and sat down next to him on the couch. "Hey, I want to play this game can I?" Luhan was impressed at how natural he sounded and how his body wasn't reacting to the fact that Sehun was sitting so close to him.

 

"Of course, I played with Kai yesterday." He smiled.

 

Luhan pouted. Even if it was Kai, he couldn't help but feel slightly jealous. Just slightly. Kai come to Sehun's house so often. Luhan knows he's Sehun's best friend, it's like Baekhyun, but still, he wished it was him. But Luhan is aiming for a higher title than "best friend" so, while watching Sehun pressing the play button, he mentally told himself that if he wins against him, he would obtain it.

 

Easier said than done. Sehun won 23 times in a row. Luhan frowned, and Sehun laughed. Luhan wanted to hit him so much at that moment. Not because he failed miserably, but because he won't be Sehun's boyfriend anytime soon. But well, Sehun is laughing, so he let it slide.

 

"Can we do something else? Like watching a film I don't know." Anything that'll make me forget about what just happened.

 

Sehun gave him an amusing smile. "That's what Kai say whenever he's tired of losing." He got up to search for a film.

 

Luhan scowled. "Yeah well I'm not Kai. I just want to do something else that's all!"

 

"That's also what he says after."

 

"Can we stop talking about Kai?!" Luhan huffed and crossed his arms. Sehun turned away and raised an eyebrow, clearly amused at Luhan's angry tone. Luhan glared at him the whole time until he finally sat down again. Situation like this made Luhan wonder why he was in love with this guy. This guy who appeared to have perfect eyes and a perfect nose. Perfect lips also, and a perfect neck. Even the way he breathe is perfect..

 

 

...

 

 

Luhan turned his head and focused on the film.

 

Well, he tried to.

 

Glancing at Sehun every three seconds made him miss half of it. But when a familiar sound resonated on the piece, Luhan screeched, startling the boy next to him.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Luhan nodded and bit his lips, stiffling a high pitch cry threatening to get out when another sound filled the lounge. He was really trying hard, trying hard not to notice the worried glances Sehun was throwing him, trying hard to concentrate and at the same time think about something else than this freaking film with people on a freaking boat in the middle of a freaking ocean and of course, there must be those freaking thunders.

 

"W-why did you s-stop?" Luhan would know it was a stupid question if he saw how he looked right now – hands over his ears and eyes tightly closed.

 

"You should have tell me if you were scared." Sehun said, turning off the film.

 

Luhan opened his eyes. "I-I'm not." Sehun gave him a 'Really?' look. Luhan gulped. "O-okay I may be a bit afraid of thunders.. It's ridiculous I know.."

 

"It's not." Luhan looked up. "You don't have to be ashamed of what you like or scared of just because some people around you find that you should. It doesn't make you different Luhan, it just make you what you are." Sehun smiled, "And you should be proud of it."

 

Luhan just stared at him.

 

 

There was a reason he was in love with him after all.

 

 


 

 

After spending their time watching another film and playing another game that Luhan lost again, it was now time to leave and of course, Sehun insisted on going with him.

 

They were walking and Luhan was thanking him for the day when Sehun abruptly stopped on his tracks looking at something in the park. It was at the exact same place that the rose. He started heading towards it not hearing Luhan calling his name. He was so confused and captivated by it, he didn't notice Luhan sitting next to him.

 

"Do you know what it means?"

 

Sehun heard him but didn't look away, he was like mesmerized.

 

Luhan took a deep breath. "I know you for quite sometimes now. I'm happy I met you and to now be your friend. And I was even more when you shared your story with me. I felt.. important. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell it to me. You said I shouldn't be embarassed of what I like but be proud of it, well, I've never been so proud of myself because..." He faced him.

 

"I love you, Sehun."

 

Finally, he said it. It felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. But another one came right after, he still didn't know how Sehun would react. And the fact that he wasn't moving wasn't reassuring.

 

Luhan wanted to cry, so that was it? He finally confessed and was looking forward to it so much the whole day, he forgot Sehun could possibly not return his feelings.

 

At that very moment, he really didn't expect Sehun to look at him and award him with the most beautiful smile he ever saw. It was even more beautiful than the first one. Luhan was amazed. And knowing that it was him who gave it to him, he felt so pleased, so satisfied,

 

It happened.

 

Luhan didn't know how, but he was so proud, he thought he deserved it, seeing it wasn't enough, he needed to feel it so he kissed him.

 

It was some seconds later that he realized what he was doing. He hurriedly pulled away, expression horrified. His face was burning, eyes and mouth wide open.

 

"O-o-oh my..! I'm sorry! I-I didn't want to– I'm sorry! I'm sor–"

 

Luhan would have went on apologizing again and again if Sehun didn't stop him.

 

With his lips.

 

"Don't be. Because I'm not." He cupped Luhan's cheeks and brought him closer for another kiss. "And I'll never be."

 

Luhan was blinking rapidly, shaking also. He would have faint a long time ago if Sehun's arms weren't now around his waist and if his loving eyes weren't a good reason to stay conscious. He felt numb, so much, he didn't hear what Sehun just said.

 

"Huh?"

 

Sehun smiled. "I said, I think I know what it means." He glanced at the red rose before turning back to Luhan.

 

And instead of saying it, he kissed Luhan again, deeply this time, to let him know his feelings, those unspoken words he needed to say and felt for so long now.

 

 

 

I love you.

 

 

 



Asdfghjkl FI-NA-LLY.
I'm sorry for the long wait (blame Taehyun), but finally yes it's here, the confession!!
Yeah! It happened finally. Thank you for waiting!