Chapter 3

Blooming Love

"I hate this…"

 

Luhan was cleaning the blackboard, it was his punishment for not doing his homework. It was late and he was far from the end. Baekhyun would have helped him if it wasn’t for his sudden “date”.

 

He proudly looked at the clean board but then, he turned around and saw all the tables. He sighed. Will I even go home today?

 

He was cleaning a table when he heard someone.

 

"I can help you if you want." Luhan looked up to see a tall, tan boy coming to him. He should be glad someone offered to help him, but he didn’t really want to accept it. Firstly because he didn’t want to bother him, and secondly because he was Sehun’s friend. – The one he was jealous of, but it was not like Luhan was going to admit it.

 

"Uhh… It’s okay, thank you."

 

"Really? You know, I’ve been doing it for quite sometimes now, If I help you, we’ll be done in three minutes."

 

Luhan blinked. “O-okay.”

 

And he was right. Luhan was about to clean his fifth table but everything was clean.

 

"I told you," the boy said amused at Luhan shocked expression. "I don’t do my homeworks often that’s why."

 

Luhan Looked at him surprised. “Isn’t it annoying?”

 

The tan boy shrugged. “Less than doing homeworks. It's sort of a pastime, you know?”

 

Luhan tilted his head, not really understanding the boy in front of him now looking at his watch.

 

"Well, it’s getting late, we should go, I’ll walk you home," he said smiling.

 

Luhan move his hands rapidly. “Oh, no no! Really it’s okay! Thank you! Plus I already bothered you too much, sorry about that…”

 

"Ahh don’t worry, you’re not bothering me really," he said while walking out of the class, he came back seconds later with his backpack. "Let’s go." He smiled again.

 

Luhan didn’t know what to think so he didn’t and hastily took his bag and followed the boy out of the school. The walk home was silent but comfortable. When they passed by the park, Luhan saw the rose and smiled.

 

"We’re here," Luhan announced, "Thank you really, I hope you don’t live too far away." And bowed.

 

Still bowing he felt a hand ruffling his hair. He looked up to see the boy smiling widely.

 

"You’re so cute! Don’t worry for me it’s okay! I’m Kai by the way."

 

Luhan blinked rapidly, Cute?! he blushed slightly. “O-okay, I’m Luhan..”

 

To this Kai smiled, or did he smirked?! "See you Luhan!" He waved and walked away. Luhan looked at Kai’s back, smiling.

 

He seems like a joyful person.

 

His smile widdened.

 

Like Baekhyun.

 

 

His smile dropped.

 

 

A... Second...

 

 

 

 

Baek...?

 

 

 

 

He shivered at the thought and went inside his house. 

 

 


 

 

Luhan was dragged by an excited Kai to the library. After their encounter the day before, Kai decided that they were now friend. Not that he had a problem with it, but being friend with him mean…

 

"Hey dude! I bring a little friend here, you don’t mind right?" Kai asked loudly making some students to look at him.

 

"No I don’t." Sehun replied calmly after looking up from the book he was reading to see Kai's "little friend".

 

"Good!" Kai sat in front of Sehun and gestured Luhan to sit next to him.

 

Luhan who had a hard time fighting his blush.

 

Yes because being friend with Kai mean meeting Kai’s friends, meeting Kai’s friend meant intercat with them so maybe befriend with them. Befriend with them meant hanging out with them. Hanging out with them meant hanging out with Sehun. And hanging out with Sehun give him more chance to become his boyfri–

 

No! Luhan shook his head. What is wrong with me seriously... He wanted to facepalm himself but decided he already embarrassed himself too much in front of Sehun, so he sat quickly next to Kai. The latter put his arm around his shoulders.

 

If Luhan wasn’t looking at Kai weirdly because he winked at him, maybe he would have seen the little frown on Sehun’s face.

 

 


 

"There you are Luhan!" said a loud Baekhyun walking to their table, but no students looked at him – they left when they saw Kai.

 

He pulled out a chair and sat next to him. “I searched you everywhere! I didn’t finish to tell you about my date with Chanyeol, I told you about the hug remember? Well, while hugging me tightly, he kissed me and put his tongue inside my mouth and–”

 

"Ew, we don’t need to know that!" Kai cut him off. When Baekhyun looked at him, he saw his disgusted face and he couldn’t believe it.

 

He couldn’t believe someone had the guts to interrupted him.

 

 

You don’t stop Baekhyun.

 

 

Because Baekhyun is fabulous.

 

 

"And I should care because...?" Baekhyun sneered.

 

"Because nobody want to hear how you make out with your boyfriend." Kai replied, disgusted face still on.

 

Baekhyun thought he was dreaming. Firstly someone he didn’t even know stopped him while he was talking and, not even to him. Secondly this jerk who had an arm around his bestfriend shoulders dared to reply him?! Trying his best to suppress his anger, he turned to Luhan and said through gritted teeth, “Who. Is. this. guy. Luhan?”

 

The poor boy was having a hard time breathing, His mind wasn’t really working right now, so he wasn’t paying attention to them, but he perked up at Baekhyun’s question.

 

"U-uh? Ah, Kai? It’s my new friend."

 

Baekhyun looked at him like he was crazy. “Luhan... I don’t want you to be friend with an offender...” He sighed.

 

"What did you say?!" This time, it was Kai who looked at him as if he was crazy – and that was what he thought anyway.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “You heard me. And are you serious?! Remove your hand! What do you think you are? His boyfriend?!”

 

Luhan, still having breathing issues looked at Baekhyun silently pleading him to stop when Kai spoke up.

 

"What If I am?" He turned to Kai with the same pleading eyes, cheeks now deep red, he was stunned when he saw Kai's serious face.

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “In your dreams! The only person I’m okay for being Luhan’s boyfriend is Sehun! Right Sehun?!”

 

The boy was in his own world the whole time but looked up at the mention of his name. “Excuse me? You were talking to me?”

 

And Baekhyun facepalmed, and Kai was shooting daggers to him, and Luhan he...

 

 

Well,

 

 

He wanted to disappear.

 

 

The sooner the better.

 

 

"Sorry but I have to go," Sehun said while looking at the time on his phone and get up. He waved them goodbye and walked out.

 

 


 

 

Luhan sighed. He finally had the occasion to talk to Sehun. But of course, it didn’t happen. At least he didn’t embarass himself again.

 

 

Kai and Baekhyun gladly did it for him.

 

 

With a disappointed sigh, he bid the two boys having a staring contest goodbye and went home.

 

 


 

When Baekhyun saw Luhan lazily walking out, he turned back to the person staring at him. “See what you have done?!”

 

Kai scowled. “No? Because I didn’t do anything.”

 

"Listen, I don’t like you and I don’t want to talk to you but... I can’t believe what I’m going to say... I need your help."

 

"You? You need the help of an offender?"

 

"Shut. Up. and listen to me." Baekhyun went on about Luhan having a crush on Sehun and told him everything. Like how Luhan is so cute and Sehun so stupid. Kai scoffed at some parts but let him finish.

 

"Wow, never I thought Sehun would make someone fall in love with him…"

 

"Yes, so will you hel–"

 

"Again!" Kai screeched. "How can he... and me?! I’m handsome! Why don’t people fall in love with me instead?!"

 

Baekhyun gave him a look over. I think I know why… "Yeah, yeah, so? Are you In–"

 

"How can someone like Sehun have everyone when I’m always with him?! Why does everyone look at him and not me?! Why–"

 

"Will you shut the up and listen now, damn!" Baekhyun screamed, a murderous expression on his face.

 

"O-okay! Sorry!" Kai stammered. Why am I apologizing?!

 

"Finally," Baekhyun sighed pleasingly. 

 

Ah that’s why... Kai wondered how this guy could change his attitude so quickly. Making him even more scared of the now sweetly smiling boy. He was willing to accept whatever he was going to say.

 

He gulped. "How can I help you?"