Three

L♥VE HXTE

           “So, if the question asked for some sort of emotion, just find the words that associate with feelings such as anger, happy…understand?” Jinyoung said. He waited for an answer but nothing came from Mark. He looked up only to see that Mark dozed off with a pen in his hand and his head hung low.

*How cute…* the thought suddenly crossed his mind. *Did I just say that?*

Jinyoung closed his book with a thud and the sound startled Mark and woke him from his sleep.

            “Times up…we’re done…” Jinyoung starts clearing his stuff away.

Mark yawned and stretched his arm.

            “I’m so glad this is the last session…finally I can go back to my normal life…” Mark smiled.

            “Congrats then…” Jinyoung rolled his eyes in mockery.

            “It’s not my fault that you don’t have any social life…”

            “Whatever…” Jinyoung quickly left the library.

That night…

            “Dad…can I ask you something?” Mark said as he and his father watching the game on TV.

            “Sure…what is it?”

            “Is something going on with you that I should know about?” he stared at his father.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Well…ever since you got back from that conference…I sensed something different about you…you smiles more…constantly checking your phone…”

            “What are you? Sasaeng fan?” his father chuckled and keeps on watching the TV. “That’s it…goal!”

            “Dad…I’m being serious here…if I don’t know any better…it seems like you’re in love…”

Mark’s words halted his father’s movement.

            “Is it that obvious?” he asked.

            “Well…kinda…so you are in love isn’t you?”

            “Let me just be honest with you…actually…I found my first love at the conference…she’s there for business reason and we hit it off right away…”

            “So mom wasn’t your first love?”

            “No…she was my second love…I met your mom several years after we broke up and she got married to another guy while I married your mom…”

            “Is she married now?”

            “No…she’s divorced…”

            “So she’s a single mother?”

            “Yea…Yi-En ah…are you okay with this? I mean…it doesn’t change anything between us even if I’m seeing this woman…”

            “I just hope you’re not sending me to boarding school when you decided to marry her…”

            “You watched too many soap opera my son…” he ruffled Mark’s hair. “She’s a wonderful woman and you gonna love her…she said that she had a son around your age…”

            “Cool…at least I won’t have to be alone…”

Mark was taken aback at the news but deep down he wanted his father to be happy. After his mother died after giving birth to him, this is the first time that Mark saw his father’s happy smiles.

**********************************

            “So, your mom is seeing someone now?” Jaebum said when he and Jinyoung went to the music room together.

            “Yeah…they met during her business trip in Swiss…I guess they picked up where they left off and everything is flowing right…” Jinyoung smiled.

            “And you don’t mind having a step dad? If your mom decides to marry that guy…”

            “Not really…it might be weird at first but you know I’m pretty good at adapting myself in new surrounding right?”

Jaebum nodded.

            “I just want my mom to be happy…after my good-for-nothing dad left us a few years ago…she’s been immersing herself with work and never really had time for her own…if that man can make my mom smiles the way she is right now…I’m cool with it…”

            “Kyaa…I never thought my best friend have such matured thinking…” Jaebum wrapped his arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            “Yaa! Did we just meet yesterday? You’re supposed to be my best friend…”

The two walked into the music room and students were already filling up the tiny space getting ready for the lesson.

Jinyoung was about to pulled a chair out at an empty desk when suddenly someone dashed by him and sat at the chair.

            “Sorry…seat’s taken…” Mark grinned.

            “Yaa! I’m here first…” Jinyoung yelled. “That’s mine!”

            “But I sit here first…get over it…” Mark leaned back and put his feet up on the desk.

Jinyoung was about to grab Mark’s collar when Jaebum came and pulled him away.

            “There’s extra seat at the back…c’mon…” he dragged Jinyoung to the back.

            “You should’ve let me beat the crap out of that jerk…he did that on purpose!”

            “Just let him be…”

Mark glanced over his shoulder and saw Jinyoung glared at him. It gave him such pleasure having Jinyoung looking like that…

            “Dude…” Jackson looked at Jinyoung and turned his gaze back to Mark. “I’m not gonna ask why…” he shook his head.

            “Then zip it…woke me up when Mr. Yang is here…” Mark closed his eyes, getting ready for a short nap before the lesson start.

Couple of days later…

            “Jinyoung ah…are you ready?” Minsuk called her son. It’s already 7.30pm and she doesn’t want to be late for the meeting.

This will be the first meeting between Jinyoung and the man she was seeing and she hoped that everything will go smoothly as planned.

            “Jinyoung ah!” she called again.

            “I’m coming, I’m coming…” Jinyoung walked down the stairs.

            “Sometimes I feel like I’m raising a daughter…you took longer time to get dressed up than me…”

            “Ma, I have to look my best ok? So, I’m here…can we go now?”

            “Let’s go…”

In a restaurant downtown…

            “Why are you so nervous? It’s not like we’re meeting the president or something…” Mark said watching his father fidgeting in his seat. “Just relax…”

            “I’m just…I don’t know what to expect…”

            “Cool dad…everything will be fine…”Mark got up. “I’m gonna head down to the bathroom…just don’t jump off the window ok?” he winked.

            “Smart …”

Jinyoung and his mother walked into the restaurant in hands.

            “Are you nervous?” Jinyoung asked.

            “A little…this is the first time the two of us brought our family for a meeting…”

            “It’s gonna be fine…ma, I’m gonna dash to the bathroom for a sec…I’ll meet you there ok?”

            “Okay…but don’t take too long…”

            “Yes mam…”

Mark walked out from the cubicle and saw Jinyoung fixing his hair in front of the mirror. Jinyoung saw Mark through the reflection and his mood changed.

            “What are you doing here?” the both of them say at the same time.

The both of them decided to ignore each other. Jinyoung walked up the stairs and realised that Mark was behind him. He turned around but before he could say anything, Mark cut off his words.

            “I’m not following you!”

            “I didn’t say anything…”

            “I know you’re about to…” Mark snorted.

            “So you can read minds now?”

Mark saw his father with a woman at their table.

            “Dad…” he called.

            “Yi-En ah…”

            “Jinyoung ah…over here!”

Mark and Jinyoung looked at each other.

            “Your mom/Your dad?”

 

What happen next? Stay tuned...

Don't forget to flood the comment box...

ANNYEONG!!!