Two

L♥VE HXTE

            “Just scan through lines and you’ll see the answer!” Jinyoung raised his voice. It’s the third time he yelled in 10 minutes. His face reddened trying to suppress the stuffy feeling in his chest.  

            “I’m not a scan machine for god’s sake! Why can’t you just tell me the answer? That will cut us some time…” Mark stared at Jinyoung.

            “As if that gonna help you during your exam…”

            “Asking me to be a scan machine is not helping either!”

The two of them stared at each other.

            “Quiet please! This is the library!” the librarian knocked their table.

Mark closed his books and starts packing up his stuff.

            “Know what…I can’t do this anymore…” he said shoving his belongings inside his backpack.

            “What are you doing? We still have 20 minutes left…” Jinyoung looked at Mark.

            “I’m outta here…stay any longer and I might just kill myself.”

            “Hell no! Ms. Kim said that if you skip this session and the both of us will get into detention…”

            “So? This is not the first time I’m in detention…the teacher won’t even be surprise if I’m back in there…” Mark was getting ready to leave when Jinyoung grabbed his wrist.

            “You might not care about it but I have a record to maintain…sit your down or I will make you…” Jinyoung’s stern voice made Mark flinched a little. He never heard that kind of voice before from the guy.

            “Then make me…”Mark smirked at the words. He walked towards the exit way and turned around once again to look at Jinyoung’s face.

*Just as I thought…* he left.

Jinyoung was close to grab Mark by the neck and make him sat through their tutoring session but something stopped him from doing it. His fist clenched tight and eventually finds its way to the table instead of Mark’s face…although he did want to do it so bad. That guy just knows how to push his button.

            “Dude…aren’t you supposed to be at the library now?” Jackson said when Mark walked into the dance room at the third floor of the school left wing building.

            “Yeah…but I’m not in the mood for it right now…”

Mark went to the corner, took off his jacket and starts his routine stretching. Mark always had a passion for dancing and he was the school star dancer, excelling in martial art tricking. Most junior dancers in the dance club looked up to him and with Jackson; they are the best combo ever.

            “You know that tutoring thing is for your own good right?” Jackson said following Mark’s movement.

            “It’s just a waste of time…I hate literature and to have Jinyoung be my tutor just make the subject even worse tenfold.”

            “Did you hate him that much?”

            “I guess…”

Mark was ready to dance when someone stormed inside the room.

            “Where is he?”

Jinyoung found Mark at the corner and marched towards him.

            “What are you doing here?” Mark frowned.

            “You’re coming with me…”

Jinyoung grabbed Mark’s collar and dragged him towards the door.

            “Yaa! What the hell…”

Mark pushed Jinyoung’s hand away and breaks himself free.

            “We have unfinished business that needs to be done…I’m not going for detention just because you got bored…” Jinyoung lashed out. He tried to forget about their tutoring session but after imagining that there will be bad points in his record, made him looking for Mark.

            “You have no right!”

            “Yes I do!”

Jackson stepped between the two of them.

            “Okay…the two of you need to calm down…” He said having his hands on both of the boys’ chests.

            “Get away Jackson!” Jinyoung said pushing Jackson’s hand away.

            “Calm down Jinyoung ah…we can talk about this…” Jackson used his whole body to stop Jinyoung.

            “I think he wanna do more than talking…” Mark rolled his eyes subconsciously raising the annoyance inside Jinyoung.

            “You’re not helping Mark…” Jackson scowled at his best friend.

Then…
            “What’s the commotion here?” Mr. Park walked in.

The boys frozen on their feet with the sudden entrance. Mr. Park was their head disciplinary teacher and almost everyone at the school terrified by him.

            “You two…detention after school…you should know how I hate students getting into fights at school right?” he stared at both boys. His fierce gaze could make the mighty Spartan shiver in cold sweat.

Jinyoung stared at Mark but he just rolled his eyes ignoring the fire gaze coming out from Jinyoung’s eyes. Looks like the detention is getting interesting…

***********************

            “I’m home…” Jinyoung kicked off his shoes and slumped on the couch throwing away his backpack to the empty seat next to him.

            “How many times I’ve told you about throwing your stuff Park Jinyoung?” his mom came out from her room fixing her earrings.

            “Sorry ma…” he said looking at his mom. She’s a beautiful woman in her early 40s and with a killer body to match.

            “So, no detention today?”

            “Don’t remind me about that…it’s not even my fault…” the memories having to spend two hours in detention after school still in his head. “You’re going out?”

            “Yup…dinner…and there’s one other thing…I’m going away for a business trip tomorrow…Swiss…”

            “Swiss? For how long?” Jinyoung switched on the TV and flicked through the channel.

            “About a week…don’t worry…I’ll bring something back for you…I’m gonna go now…dinner is in the microwave, just heat it up ok?” she kissed the top of Jinyoung’s hair and walked out the front door.

*Alone again…* he sighed.

Meanwhile…

            “Yi-En ah…come down…dinner’s ready!” Raymond Tuan called his one and only son from the kitchen. His husky voice echoed throughout the small area.

            “I’m coming…jeez dad…I’m not miles away…” Mark said walking into the kitchen.

            “Sit you smart down…”

            “Yes sir…” Mark made a mock salute to his dad.

Being raised by single father, Mark never had the love from someone called mother before…it’s always been the two of them, he and his dad.

            “So, I guess you had the week off…should we go somewhere?” Mark asked as they eat.

            “I can’t…I’m leaving for a medical conference tomorrow…” his dad said. Mark’s expression changed. He was looking forward to spending some quality time with his old man. Being a top notch surgeon in the city means that he had less time at home and Mark was lonely.

            “Dad…we barely had time together…do you have to go?”

            “One of the speakers is sick and I have to stand in for him…it’s only for a week or less…I promise when I get back, we go somewhere like hiking or something…”

            “Promise?”

            “Promise…”

They hooked their pinkie fingers together.

*Looks like I have the whole house alone then…*

            “If you’re thinking about throwing wild party while I’m gone, you’re in a big mistake young man…” his dad reprimand after seeing that mischievous smile crossed Mark’s face.

            “You’re no fun…” Mark pouted.

 

Another update...

Tell me what you think in the comment box below...

p/s: if you find this story is boring then my apology to you...I promise I'll make this story as interesting as I can...