Twenty-Three

L♥VE HXTE

Today was supposed to be the happiest day in Misuk’s life. She’s about to get married to the man of her dream but seeing herself in the wedding dress agitated something deep within her.

*Am I doing the right thing?* she kept asking herself the question.

            “Omo Misuk ah…Ray is such a lucky guy I gotta tell you…” her best friend Eunji squealed as she entered the bride waiting room.

            “I guess…” she smiled.

            “Hey, is everything okay? You don’t look too happy for someone who’s about to get married…”

            “Just thinking about something…”

            “Is it Jinyoung? I thought he got along well with Ray and his son…”

            “A little too well if you ask me…” Misuk got up and walked towards the mirror.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Nothing…” Misuk shrugged off.

Meanwhile…

            “I’m gonna tell my dad about us…” Mark said as he and Jinyoung were getting ready to go out. They were in a hotel room where the wedding will be held.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yeah…the wedding is an hour away and truthfully, I don’t really care what the outcome will be…”      

            “Even if the wedding will be off?” Jinyoung stared at Mark.

            “Yeah…I don’t want to sound selfish but we have every right to be happy as much as they do…”

            “I dunno Mark…”

            “Hold up…are you having second thought right now? For real?” Mark narrowed his eyebrows in disbelief.

            “No…”

            “Then why it seems like you’re doubting about us huh?”

            “It’s just…I don’t know what to think…” Jinyoung sat on the bed.

Mark kneeled down in front of Jinyoung.

            “Look at me babe…do you love me?” Mark asked with his hands on both of Jinyoung’s thigh.

            “I do…you know I do…”

            “Let me handle this okay…I’ll talk to my dad…” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s lips. “Now, let’s go down before my dad start a team search for us…”

            “I’m gonna go check on my mom…”

Down at the wedding hall, Ray is busy with the last minute preparation to make sure everything is going well.

            “Hey dad…” Mark said when he saw his dad walking out from the hall towards the lobby.

            “Yi-En ah…good you’re here…can you help me…” Ray’s words trailed off when Mark pulled him aside to the far end corner.

            “Dad…we need to talk…” Mark said.

            “Can we do that later? I really need to get things done soon…”

            “Dad, this is important to me…it’s about me and Jinyoung…”

Ray stared at his son.

            “Ookay…”

            “Well…you see…Jinyoung and I…we’re…I mean…me and him…” Mark babbling, trying to find the best words to say to his father.

            “Hey, what’s got into you? You never had trouble speaking before…”

            “Um…this kind of important…”

            “Then spill it out…”

            “Actually…Jinyoung and I…we’re…”

Before Mark could finish a man in suit came running towards his father.

            “Ray hyung…the officiator is here…” the man said. Mark knew him since he was one of his father’s juniors at the hospital and they’ve met couple of times before.

            “He’s here? He’s early…” Ray’s eyes shifted to his son. “Look Yi-En ah…can we do this talk later? I really have to go now…”

            “But dad…”

            “I promise we’ll talk later ok?” Ray patted his son’s head and walked away leaving Mark behind in despair.

In the bride’s suite…

Misuk is getting some final touches of her make up done when she saw Jinyoung came in.

            “Jinyoung ah…looks like now you’re not the only man in your mom’s life…” Eunji said chuckling while fixing the veil on Misuk’s head.

            “I guess so…” Jinyoung faked a smile.

            “Hey, don’t be sad…I’m sure you’re still number one for your mom…”

            “Um…Eunji ah…I need to talk with Jinyoung alone…can you excuse us for a while?” Misuk said.

            “Sure…take your time…I’ll be down the hall if you need me…” Eunji walked out from the room and close the door behind.

Long silence between the mother and son.

            “Um…Jinyoung ah…”

            “Look ma, before you want to say anything…said this once and I will say it again…I won’t give up on Yi-En…I’m happy that you finally met someone that you truly loves and so do I…and I’m not gonna let go of it…” Jinyoung said staring at his mother through the mirror.

            “Jinyoung ah…I love you but this…this is not right…”

            “Says who? Mark and I are not related by blood…and I guess by now ajusshi probably know about us two…”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Yi-En is telling his dad about us since you’re not telling him…”

2pm…

The wedding officially started. Guests started filling in the hall taking their respective seat from both bride and groom’s side.

            “So, how does it go with your dad?” Jinyoung asked Mark when they entered the hall and went to the seats at the front row.

            “Not so good…I was cut in the middle before I could tell him anything…” Mark replied looking rather disappointed. “How’s ajumma?”

            “Ok I guess…she still think that what we have is wrong…”

            “Wrong? Why?”

            “Because we’re about to become a family…your dad and my mom getting married…it’s like in her point of view…”

            “But we’re not blood related.” Mark’s eyes widened.

            “Exactly my point but still…” Jinyoung shrugged.

Outside…

            “So, are you ready to get married?” Ray asked, smiling at Misuk.

            “Yea…um…Ray, I think I left something at the room…I better get it…”

            “Now? Can’t Eunji just get it for you? We’re starting in 10 minutes…”

            “The room is just a few feet away…I’ll be right back…” she kissed Ray’s cheek.

Misuk gathered her dress and went to the bride’s room with Eunji hot on her heels.

Then…

            “Today, we’re gathered here to celebrate the union between two hearts…Raymond Tuan and Park Misuk…” the MC begins. “The grooms enter!”

The main door opened and Ray walked in. Decked with full all white suit, he walked down the aisle with a big smile on his face. He saw Mark and waved.

            “And our main character…bride enter!”

Everyone’s eyes went towards the entrance. They waited but no one came in.

            “Maybe she’s just nervous…”the MC joked. “Or she didn’t hear me…bride enter!”

Once again all eyes on the entrance.

            “Where’s your mom?” Mark whispered.

            “I dunno…I saw her in the bride’s room just now…” Jinyoung was worried wondering about his mom.

A door opened and instead of Misuk, Eunji came running towards the front. Jinyoung and Mark quickly rushed to Ray’s side.

            “Raymond ssi…” Eunji said catching her breath.

            “Where’s Misuk?” Ray asked.

            “She left…”

            “What?” the 3 of them said together.

            “I tried to hold her back but it’s no use…here…” Eunji gave Ray a piece of paper. “She asked me to give this letter to you…”

Ray quickly opened the letter and read through.

            “Misuk ah…” He shove the letter towards Mark and ran out.

            “Dad!”

The guests looked at each other, flustered from what’s going on before their eyes.

Jinyoung opened the letter and his heart sank at the words.

 

Dear Ray…

I’m sorry…I can’t do this…I can’t go on with this wedding knowing that I would hurt my one only jewel Jinyoung…I can’t possibly bear the thought of breaking his heart just for my happiness…I love you Ray but like what I’ve told you from our beginning, Jinyoung will always be my priority…no matter what, my baby comes first…

I love you and I’m sorry…

Love Misuk.

            “Ma…” Jinyoung almost slumped on the floor but luckily Mark was there to catch him.

            “Babe, you ok?” Mark put his arm around Jinyoung’s waist, supporting the younger guy from falling.

            “We need to find her…”

Misuk ran across the lobby with tears b her eyes. She knew this is the best decision for everyone.

            “Misuk ah!”

She heard Ray’s voice and quickened her steps. She reached outside and went to the nearby bus stop ignoring the eyes on her.

            “Misuk ah! Wait! Let’s talk about this…”

Ray grabbed Misuk by the elbow.

            “Let me go Ray…I can’t do this…” she snapped away from Ray.

            “Why not?”

            “I can’t hurt Jinyoung…”

Misuk saw Jinyoung from the corner of her eyes and decided to run away. She dashed towards the road unaware of a speeding car coming towards her. Loud honks echoed and the last voice she heard was Ray screaming her name on top his lungs.

 

Sorry for the late update...I've been busy and stuck with ideas...anyway, I'm back and there's one last chapter before this story officially ends...huhu...

Enjoy the story and don't forget to flood the comment box below...

ANNYEONG!!!