Twenty-Two

L♥VE HXTE

            “Why should I end my relationship with him?” Jinyoung looked at his mother. The shock he felt from his mother’s words still haven’t receded yet.

            “Because it is not right…I’m not telling you twice Jinyoung ah…end it!” the firm tone of his mother’s voice startled him a little.

**********************************

Mark was a few feet away from the house when he saw Jinyoung sitting on the brick step outside the gate.

*What is he doing here?*

            “Hey babe…” he said as he got closer.

            “Hey…”Jinyoung looked up.

            “What are you doing out here?”

            “Thinking…”

            “About what?” Mark sat next to him.

            “Us…”

            “Us? What about us?”

            “You know…how it would be like if our parents aren’t getting married to each other…”

            “Then we’ll not be together…I guess things happened for a reason…”

Jinyoung leaned his head on Mark’s shoulder.

*************************************

            “It’s amazing isn’t it?” Ray said as he watched Mark and Jinyoung in front of him and Misuk shoving each other’s shoulder jokingly.

            “What is it?”

            “Seeing Yi-En and Jinyoung like that…just a few months ago the two of them are in the verge of killing each other the minute we turned our head around…” he smiled.

            “Yeah…” Misuk smiled bitterly, hiding the uneasiness she felt seeing Jinyoung and Mark together.

            “I’m so glad we’re gonna be a family…” Ray held hand.

Jinyoung occasionally glanced over his shoulder and saw his mother at the back, walking arm in arm with Ray.

            “What are you looking at?” Mark asked trying his hard to fight the urge to held Jinyoung’s hands.

            “Nothing…” Jinyoung shook his head.

He haven’t spoke to his mom ever since the night she confront him about his relationship with Mark. He felt a distance formed between them since then and he was torn apart because of it.

            “I was thinking about telling my dad about us…” Mark said, breaking the silence between them.

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…since your mom already knows about us and I guess she’s not telling him anything yet…I might as well come clean…”

            “What if they against it? Have you thought about that?”

            “Not really…this is some twisted fate if you ask me…don’t you think?”

            “Yeah…” Jinyoung sighed.

            “But all I know that I won’t give up on us no matter what they say…”

The look in Mark’s eyes made Jinyoung felt that he was the one and he will never let Mark go away.

            “Hey kids…lets go back…it’s getting late and you boys have school tomorrow…” Ray called.

            “Nae…” they both answered and went towards the parking lot a few metres away.

Midnight…

Jinyoung woke up from thirst and he saw Mark soundly asleep next to him. He slowly crept out of the bed and made his way downstairs after making sure the door was shut properly. Mark insisted to sleep in his room just because he felt lonely. Such a clingy boyfriend…Jinyoung grinned at the thought.

            “Hey…” his mom said when he walked into the kitchen. Jinyoung gave a small shrieked from the shock seeing his mom there.

            “Gosh…you scared me…” Jinyoung rubbed his chest.

            “Sorry…can’t sleep?” she asked.

            “Yeah…” he nodded. Jinyoung went to the fridge and took out a bottle of water.

            “Jinyoung ah…I want to speak about something with you.” Misuk pulled the stool and sat at the kitchen island.

            “Is it about me and Mark?” Jinyoung closed the fridge and stood facing his mom.

            “Yeah…”

            “What about us?”

            “You have to stop…the thing between you two are wrong…you gonna be brothers in three weeks…”

            “Why should we stop? We loved each other…just like you and ajusshi…”

            “But Jinyoung ah…”

            “Look ma…don’t you think that being a little bit too selfish?”

Misuk was stunned at Jinyoung’s choice of word.

            “You found someone that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with and so do I…so why can you be happy and I can’t?”

There are tears b Jinyoung’s eyes.

            “This was never about Yi-En isn’t it? You just can’t accept that I like a guy…and I know how you felt about men liking men…you were disgusted by it…”

            “No I’m not…”

            “Yes you do…I still remember your words back in Jeju…look ma, I love Yi-En…he’s the one that make me happy…”

            “What do you know about love? You’re only nineteen…”

            “So a nineteen year old can’t fall in love? I’m tired of this Ma…I just want to be happy with Yi-En…why can’t you see that?”

            “You can find someone else…someone better…with Yi-En…it’s just wrong…”

            “Why is it wrong? We’re not blood related…know what…I’m done talking to you…”

With heavy steps Jinyoung made his way back to his room in tears. He walked in and saw Mark was awake.

            “Hey, where have you been?” he asked, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

            “Downstairs…to get some water…” Jinyoung said slightly shaky from the tears.

            “Babe…are you crying?” Mark looked and saw wet gleam on Jinyoung’s cheek.

            “No…it’s just dust…did I wake you up?”

            “Not really…it’s suddenly got so cold…did you let the window open?”

            “Yeah…”

Jinyoung closed the window, climbed on the bed and get under the covers, wrapping himself against Mark’s body.                                                                        

****************************************

Misuk looked at the mirror and the white dress fit nicely to her curved body.

            “Omo…” the sales assistant squealed. “You look so pretty…”

            “Thanks…” Misuk said and stepped out of the fitting room.

Ray turned around and his jaw almost dropped to the floor at the sight. Misuk was stunningly beautiful in that flowy mermaid cut dress. She looked much younger than her real age.

            “What do you think?” Misuk asked.

            “Perfect!” Ray said with glittering eyes. He still can’t believe that he’s getting married to such a wonderful woman like Misuk.

            “You think so?”

            “I know so…”

Ray could see that Misuk is not happy about something. It shows in her eyes.

            “Jagiya, if you’re not feeling this dress, we can switch to another one…” he said looking at Misuk.

            “No…I like this one…it’s just that I have a lot in my mind right now…”

            “Is it about the wedding?”

            “Yeah…and among other things…I’m sorry…”

            “There’s no need to be sorry…”

An hour later…

            “We could eat out tonight…” Ray said and stopped the car by the roadside.

            “It’s okay…I want to cook something special for us…” Misuk unbuckled the seatbelt.

            “I’ll be back after the meeting over…”

            “And could you get some pastries at our regular shop?”

            “Sure…”

Misuk walked into the house and it was quiet. She went to the kitchen and heard voices coming from the backyard.

            “You’re cheating!” Jinyoung yelled.

            “No I’m not…you’re just slow…” Mark stuck his tongue out and dribbled the ball away.

            “It’s not fair…”

            “Nothing is fair in this world babe…” Mark pecked Jinyoung’s lips, causing the guy to smile.

            “You’re not getting away with a kiss…”

Jinyoung chased Mark and tackled him on the grass. The two rolled trying to get on top each other. Mark tickled Jinyoung’s side and he squirmed from the attack.

            “Stop! Ok, ok I surrender!” Jinyoung said in between laughs.

            “Are you sure?” Mark doubled up his fingers attack.

            “Yes! Surrender!”

Misuk never saw Jinyoung looked so happy the way she witnessed now. His words ringing in his ears.

 

Sorry for the late update...been busy with stuff and the internet connection is super bad here...

Anyway, the story is getting near towards the end....huhu...TT TT...