Stubborn

Show Me

Yes I know I was out for too long and I'm really, sincerely, sorry for that. My health had been vey bad this past few months, add there my fully packed schedule. I even don't have the so called sem-break last semester. Anyway, I'm recovering smoothly now and I hope I can update more often. Please don't leave me? haha. I really want to read your comments. Feel free to scold me. <3

 

This would be slightly  shorter since I'm still catching up with the story line again. LOL

 


 

 

 

“Can I use the bathroom?” Tiffany asked as soon as she took off her sandals and placed her purse neatly on the couch.

“Sure.” Hei Ryung responded.

She was still taking off her shoes when she noticed the red heels lying near her slippers. She frowned and reminded herself to ask the girl to never use it again for the time being.

“Miss Hwang?” She called, placed her phone and car key on the table as soon as she reached the living room then went to the kitchen to help herself with a glass of water.

After a few minutes, Tiffany stepped out of the bathroom with hair tied in a bun and freshly washed face – dripping water on the floor in the process. She had her palms held on the bathroom door. “You called? And oh…Do you have an extra towel?” she grinned sheepishly.

Hei Ryung can only heave a sigh and went inside her room to get a clean towel.

“Here.” She handed the thing without looking at the fresh faced Tiffany.

“Thanks.” Tiffany said with a wide smile and dabbed the towel to her face. She was about to fully step out of the bathroom when Hei Ryung’s hand stopped her.

“Wha--”

“Do not come out unless I tell you to do so.” Hei Ryung firmly stated.

“What?”

She did not bother to answer. She retracted somewhere and came back with a map. She wordlessly wiped the drops of water caused by Tiffany.

The latter realized what Hei Ryung was doing so she ended up leaning on the bathroom door frame with an amused stare.

“Cold Hei Ryung really does know how to care, huh?” she giggled at her own comment.

Hei Ryung stopped what she was doing and stood straight. “You’re in my home. So they will put the blame on me, if something happens, even if it’s because of your own recklessness.” She turned her heels, placed the map back to where she took it then proceeded back to the living room to get her phone and car key.

“Where are you going?” Tiffany asked, fully ignoring the last sentence. She’s now sitting on the couch with crossed legs and is munching something, the towel discarded neatly near the armrest.

“What are you eating?” Hei Ryung ignored the question.

Tiffany shifted her body and lifted her legs albeit slightly so Hei Ryung can recognize the food she is enjoying.

“Are you really that bound on hurting your baby?” Hei Ryung snatched the bag of chips and threw it on the kitchen bin.

“Sheesh…what a waste” Tiffany mumbled. “Why so grumpy Ahjumma?” she flopped herself on the back rest of the couch so she can see Hye Ryung from the kitchen.

The latter did not bother to pay attention to Tiffany and walked towards the door, fully aware of the eyes following her every move.

“Where are you going?” Tiffany asked once again.

“None of your business.” She answered while putting her shoes back on.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to work? Cause that’s impossibly true. It’s almost midnight for goodness sake.”

Hyei Ryung shrugged.

“Yah! I’m talking to you.” She unconsciously raised her voice.

“You’re loud, aren’t you?”

Tiffany blushed.

“Be right back. Make yourself at home.” She knows that the reminder is no longer needed since the girl had been already doing that.

“Where are you going?” This time, Tiffany stood up and approached Hei Ryung who is now tying her shoes.

“Market.”

“Why?”

She shot her a what-else look.

“At this hour…nonetheless.”

A shrug.

When Hei Ryung stood up and was about to walk out the door, a low rumbling from someone’s stomach stopped her. She turned around and saw a shyly grinning Tiffany who is slightly bowing her head with embarrassment.

“You just ate.”

“Sorry. It was the baby…”

Hyei Ryung raised her brows. She detected the hesitance. “Want me to buy something?”

“Yes please!” Gone the embarrassment.

“What is it?”

“Err…” She paused to think. “Kimbap? Samgyupsal? Bibimbap?....ohhh Pizza?”

Hyei Ryung leaned on the door with arms crossed. Amused. “And you think I’ll buy any of those at this hour? The first three are heavy meals and are too late to be eaten. You’ll get indigestion. And no to junk food.”

“But I want it!” She pouted. She just really want to eat it.

“No”

“Yes”

“No”

“Yes”

“No”

“You’re not going to buy it for me.”

“No…” A pause “what?”

“You just agreed.” Tiffany showed her toothy smile while teasingly pointing at Hei Ryung. Her smile widens even more when she heard a low ‘crap’ from the latter.

“You’re enjoying this aren’t you?”

Tiffany shrugged. “Come home soon please. My baby needs food.” She tapped her tummy and went back to the couch.

She can only shake her head.

 

 

***

 

She had just turned off the engine when her phone vibrated. She took it out from the dock and frowned at the unknown number.

“Who’s that?”

A shrug. “I don’t know.”

She was about to decline the call, since of course she’s not kin of entertaining unknown lost callers, when it ended and vibrated a second later – signaling a new message.

She raised her brows and opened the messaging app.

“Answer or you’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight.” It read.

Realizing who it is, she unknowingly heaved a deep sigh and a shake of the head. She forgot to save the number after that call in her office.

“Who is it?” Yuri asked again.

She shook her head. “No one. Just someone annoying.”

“le me see.” She snatched the phone out from Hyei Ryung’s grip.

“Yah!”

“Ohh…” Yuri’s brows bounced up and down without taking her eyes off the phone. “Wifey’s mad.” She teased.

She scoffed “Not amused here.” She snatched the phone back

“Why are we here in the market anyway? Or dragged me here at this hour no less. We don’t do this often. What’s on your mind?”

She called Yuri for assistance because she has never been out in the market alone or at least she tried to.

“Gotta buy food and some necessities for that pregnant woman”

The phone rang once again.

“Answer it buddy. They said that pregnant women are scary.”

She gulped and looked at Yuri. “H-how scary?”

She narrows her eyes and leaned forward towards Hei Ryung “Very.” She then tap the ringing phone, Hei Ryung is holding. “Now talk to her or else…”

Hei Ryung immediately slid the button. “H-hello?” She unconsciously stuttered.

Yuri leaned back in her seat, silently grinning. It’s quite amazing to see this new side of her. She has always been the perfectionist, uptight and cold person which she herself had grown accustomed to.

“What took you so long to answer?”

“I-I’m out, remember?”

“Why is it so quiet?”

“I’m still at the car. I’m about to get off. What’s the problem?”

“…”

“Miss Hwang?” she carefully asked, afraid that the woman would get mad.

She glanced at Yuri who is looking at her questioningly.

“I’m…scared.” She heard a mumble from the other line.

“What?” she thought she heard wrong.

She heard her took a deep breath, followed by a low, quiet voice. “I’m scared. Please come home?”

She leaned back in her seat and unconsciously smiled at the sudden cute pleading. “There’s no need to be scared Miss Hwang. My house is not haunted.”

Yuri heard it and chuckled.

“Who’s that? Are you alone?”

“Err…No. I’m with--”

“Home! NOW!”

She winced at the loud voice, instinctively pulling the phone away from her ear.

“Kim Hei Ryung!”

“What?”

“Didn’t you hear me? I said go home! Now!”

“I heard you…sheesh. I’ll be home in an hour. I have stuffs to buy.”

“Are you with your secretary?” She remembered the phone call she overheard at Jessica’s house.

“No.”

A gasp.

She sighed. “If you have nothing better to say then I’ll hang up now. Feel free to sleep first. Staying up too late is not good for the baby. Goodnight.” She then hang up.

“Wifey’s mad again?”

She took off her seatbelt and opened the car door. “Let’s go.”

 

 

***

 

“Thanks for accompanying me Yul.”

She dismissed her with a wave of the hand. “Anytime buddy. Just tell me when wifey’s not in the mood and I’ll come to rescue you.” She laughed at her own joke.

“Can you stop calling her that? She’s not my wife for goodness sake.” She shivered at the thought. She will never have such a demanding woman as a wife. Well she’s pretty, but…

“I can see the wheels in your head turning buddy. You’re thinking she’s pretty aren’t you? Otherwise you wouldn’t be here doing all this.”

“All what?”

“This. You coming out late at night to buy necessities for someone you barely know is not so you Ryung-ah. I see you melting under her spell.” She looked at her with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

She sarcastically laughed. “Funny. You must have been watching too many fiction movies lately.” She reached to open the other side of the car. “Now off you go.”

“Sheesh…Grumpy Ryung. I won’t wonder if you’ll grow old easily.” She stepped out of the car. “Bye Pal. Send my regards to Tiffany.” She closed the door.

She can only shake her head as she beeped her car to say bye before driving back home.

 

 

***

 

She silently stepped inside the room to avoid waking up Tiffany. She then took off her shoes and went straight to the kitchen afterwards to arrange the contents of the plastic bag she bought.

Her phone suddenly alarmed from inside her pocket which caused her to jerk in surprise. She hastily took it out to turn the noisy device off. That was when she realized, it was 3 am already. A time she purposely set to read through some documents she either missed or to read ahead.

A sigh. Guess I’ll do that later then.

She took the last content of the bag and placed it inside the fridge then threw the empty bag inside the bin.

A yawn. It was when she felt very tired after a very long day. She stretched long and hard, cracking bone in the process and then sleepily went towards the bedroom.

She reached for the handle, only to realize that it is locked.

Aish. “Miss Hwang?” she softly called and knocked the door.

No answer.

“Miss Hwang?”

Still no answer.

“Miss Hwang? Please open the door? I need to change my clothes to sleep.” She tried to reason so she can get inside without her suspecting of her being creepy.  And to think that that’s my room.

The last thought suddenly grew her irritated. She’s the owner of the house and yet here she is, silently praying that the girl occupying her room would open the door. It’s not even her decision to let her stay, neither did she asked to her to lodge in her room, much more lock it.

She knocked louder this time.

“Miss Hwang kindly open the door.” She said as gentlest as she can although it came out strong and authoritative.

Much to her delight, the sound of shuffling of sleepers came towards the door followed by a click.

She inwardly grinned at the sight.

Tiffany opened the door with eyes still half closed and hair slightly disheveled.

Hei Ryung cleared to gain her composure.

“I thought you we’re scared.”

Tiffany shook her head, still with eyes closed. “I the stereo.” her voice is hoarse.

Just then Hei Ryung heard the faint music coming out of her room.

Tiffany finally opened her eyes not forgetting to rub it then peeked towards the clock she noticed at the living room while waiting for Hei Ryung. “Why woke me up? It’s passed 3 already.”

“What do you mean why? I need to sleep.” She was about to step inside when Tiffany blocked her way.

She looked down at Tiffany. “What now?”

“Who gave you the permission to come in?”

“What?” she looked at her in disbelief. “Excuse me Miss Hwang but this is my room.” She tried to step inside again but was pushed instead.

“Hey!”

“I’m not used to sharing a room with someone else.” Tiffany crossed her arms.

A scoff. “Then feel free to use the couch Miss. You’re blocking my room.” She attempted once again.

“Nuh uh. Not so fast mister.” Tiffany pushed her out.

Hei Ryung stepped back. “Did you just call me mister?” A frown.

“Yes because you keep on calling me Miss. Anyway, I am the pregnant here so I have the right to use the room.” She crossed her arms.

“And who gave you the right to decide?”

“Me and the baby.”

“You keep on using your baby since the first time we met. That’s not new to me. Now step aside Miss Hwang or you’ll have a part two of what happened inside this room.”

The statement bought Tiffany’s thoughts suddenly went somewhere far from what really happened and blushed. Now why the hell am I thinking like this? You haven’t exactly experienced such intimate moment. You we’re harassed by an unknown Tiffany. The last thought immediately made her shudder.  She then looked up confidently and held her ground. She will use the room, alone.

Hei Ryung saw it and chuckled. She bent down a little and leaned forward to look at Tiffany closely. “Do you want to wake up with me in the morning Miss Hwang?” a sly smirk.

Tiffany swore she saw a mischievous glint in the latter’s eyes and can’t help but frown. “No way Mister. I’ll go die inside a cave than to sleep beside you.” She stepped back and closed the door harshly.

Hei Ryung flinched at the impact. She swore that if she didn’t react immediately, her nose would have been broken by now. It’s a good thing that she didn’t bought an apartment, or else they had woke up their neighbors.

“Yah!” Hei Ryung retorted. “Do you really have to do that?!” she hissed. Trying hard not to shout.

Her irritation changed into confusion a while later when she saw the door opened once again and there came out a frowning Tiffany with a bundle of blanket and pillow in hand.

“Oooffff!” She grunted at the sudden impact on her chest.

It was shoved unto her and held it by reflex. She stared at it for a while then to Tiffany.

“Wha--”

Tiffany stepped forward, choosing not to give too much space between them and glared. “Rest and behave or I’ll call your father. You hear me?”

Hei Ryung didn’t have the chance to answer when Tiffany closed the door albeit softer this time.

“Did she just threatened me?” she asked no one in particular.

To understand is what she can do better now, isn’t it? She shook her head. She’ll have her own time sooner or later. Right now, she needs to rest if she wants to wake up on time.

“At least hand me a pair of pajamas?”

The door opened slightly a few minutes later and Tiffany’s hand stuck out with pajamas in hand.

She took it and mumbled a thank you before setting the pillow and blanket on the couch and then changed her clothes.

She reached for the remote control and searched for a music channel then turned off the lights. She stared at the ceiling as she eased herself inside the blanket.

Yuri’s statement suddenly came inside her mind. “Never and never will I like that girl. She’s too childish and stubborn and spoiled. Ugh.”

She reached for her phone from the top of the table to set the alarm and check the unread messages from her secretary. She browsed through her messages when she caught site of the message from an unknown number stamped more than 3 hours ago.

She clicked on the number and read the message again.

 “I answered your call but I’m still here, sleeping on the couch. Tss.” She shook her head and saved the number before drifting off to sleep.