Thank you

Show Me

 A long update! keke~ I'm supposed to cut this into two chapters but I changed my mind. Forgive me for errors, I know there's a lot but I don't have time to sleep if I will. So, have a god day ahead!

 


 

A squeal almost made Hei Ryung step on the gas. It’s so sudden that her ear literally rang. They are, after all, inside the car.

“Yah! Don’t shout like that! I’m driving, for heaven’s sake!” She scolded and stole a quick glance at Tiffany who is by now staring outside the window and is pointing at a store.

“That! Hei Ryung-ah! That’s the store! Stop the car, NOW!” Tiffany shook her arm impatiently without taking her eyes off it.

“Yah! Don’t do that.” She squatted the hands off her but Tiffany did it again “Wait...Aish. So impatient.” She grumbled.

When they finally found a parking space, Tiffany literally ran off from the car without waiting for her.

Hei Ryung can only sigh at the woman who eagerly entered the store.

She bowed at the workers who welcomed her with a greeting and saw Tiffany enthusiastically browsing.

She winced at the sight of the shirts with different designs hanging on the wall. “I don’t really know what’s with these shirts that made her so excited.” She mumbled.

“We have new arrivals, Miss. Do you want to check them?” A worker smiled at her and gestured her hand at the corner of the room. Just then, she saw Tiffany walking towards the direction on her own.

“I might just do that. Excuse me.” She said without taking her eyes off Tiffany. Afraid that the girl might collapse for too much excitement.

Tiffany frowned. In a span of less than a minute, she already got two pairs that has the exact same design she had in mind. One has an arrow with the word ‘mine’ on top in each shirt, pointing at each other while the other pair has half hearts that forms a complete heart when paired. I want to have both designs in one pair.

“What’s with the frown?”

Tiffany tapped her lips, thinking, before getting one of each pair. “I can’t decide which is nicer.”

Hei Ryung winced upon looking at the shirts Tiffany is holding. The designs, definitely, is too much for her liking. A heart? An arrow? What the…A cupid might complete the cheesiness. She shuddered. Guh.

“You like that?”

A nod.

“Well I don’t like it.”

“What?” Tiffany glared at her.

“I mean…that’s too much, don’t you think?”

“It’s not.” Tiffany’s frown worsened.

“It is. Look at that. ” She pointed “That’s too embarrassing to wear.” She calmly said, oblivious of Tiffany’s darkening expression.

“Embarassing?!” Tiffany’s loud voice rang inside the shop.

“Omo…Sshh…” She hushed the flaring woman in front of her. The workers and other customers looked at their direction so she had to bow to apologize. “Stop shouting.” She hissed.

“I can’t!”

“Why?”

“You called these, embarrassing.” A glare. “Embarrassing…Really?! Why are you like that?!”

Hei Ryung had to cover Tiffany’s mouth. “Alright…Alright…I’m sorry. I was just kidding. They are not embarrassing at all. They’re cute.” She tried to grin. They are embarrassingly cheesy. I swear.

Tiffany pried the hand off her face irritably. “Are you trying to back-off with your words, Kim Hei Ryung?” she mincingly pointed her finger.

“No! No! Of course not.”

“But you just called it names!” Tiffany shouted once again.

Hei Ryung was about to reach for Tiffany to cover but the latter backed off. The next thing being said gave her the shock of her life.

“I thought you love me.”

“Wh--What?”

“You said you love me! We are about to have a baby but here you are, calling my wants embarrassing.” Tiffany’s now sobbing so Hei Ryung had to do her best to stop her.

This isn’t a private place after all and she knows that everyone is now looking at them. Both of them are girls and it’s uncommon especially for Koreans. It’s not like we are official. How did I let myself enter this situation?

All she wants now is to dig a hole to burry herself with embarrassment and never ever go out.

She stealthily reached for Tiffany while awkwardly smiling at the people observing them and hoping that the girl would stop those humiliating words, but the latter pried her hands off.

She awkwardly laugh and bowed at everyone. “He-he…You know…girls.” She can’t believe she said that as if she’s not one. She then hissed. “Please stop crying? Everyone’s looking.”

Tiffany looked up with her teary eyes. “And now you’re embarrassed by me?!”

“No! No! Not at all! Why would I be?” Gosh, she’s...ugh…stop staring, people! She reached for her but this time, Tiffany relented.

“You are.” A sniff.

“Who said so?” She tried to humor the girl.

“You.”

“Me? No! That’s ridiculous.” She awkwardly tried to hug her. “Let me know who said that, I’ll punch that person.” She whispered.

Tiffany looked up. “But you don’t like the designs.”

“I do too! I called it cute, didn’t I?” she grinned. I wish, everyone will do their own business and leave us alone.

A sniff and a pout. “Really?”

“Yes. Really.” She even nodded repeatedly just to make sure Tiffany’s going to believe her. Please don’t ask me to wear it?

“So you’re wearing it?”

Whipped. “Yes. With pride.”

Tiffany instantly beamed and let go of the hug. “Hear. Try both.”

“B-both?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll just…do that at home.”

“No. Now. I have to choose between the two.”

“We’ll just buy both.” Saves me the embarrassment of wearing it should Tiffany likes it.

“I only want one for today.” She pushed her towards the dressing room.

Hei Ryung can only sigh as Tiffany kicked her inside and close the door with a bang. She looked at herself in the mirror, holding the reason behind all these.

She shoved her arms towards her reflection in the mirror. “You can always say no! And you’re too great to be whipped”

She then chuckled to herself. “Ha! Of course I am and I’m never going to wear these.” A shake of the head. “Not.Ever.”

“Hei Ryung-ah, are you done?” Tiffany’s voice cut her musings.

“Huh? Ah no. Not yet.”

“Faster!”

She jerked. “Ne!”

And so she immediately ed her shirt to change.

 

 

***

 

“Done?” Tiffany asked again after minutes of waiting. She even roamed the small store, checking on designs to designs, and yet, Hei Ryung didn’t even went out from the dressing room.

“Hei Ryung-ah.” A knock

“Yes?” A muffled voice came out from the room.

“Why aren’t you coming out?”

“I…I don’t want to.”

“Why?”

Silence.

“Ryung?”

“Err…” she cleared . “Promise me you won’t laugh?”

She tilted her head. “It can’t be that bad.”

“Just promise me.”

She raised her brows, trying to think of a possible reason why Hei Ryung took so long when it’s just a simple shirt.

“Miss Hwang?”

I seriously need to work on that name. Tiffany thought.

“Hello?”

She deflated. “Fine. Promise. Now come out!”

The door slowly opened.

“Seriously, you make it look like you’re wearing a gown or something.” She mumbled.

She pushed the door open, too impatient to wait, only to see Hei Ryung standing awkwardly in front of her.

A goofy smile instantly formed in her lips.

“KYEOPTAAAA!” a squeal.

“Yah, don’t do that.” She grimaced as she rubbed her ear.

“Cute Hei Ryung-ah!” she took a big step forward and stared at her up and down. Even turned her around. She grinned. “I like it. Try the other one.”

“What?”

“Try the other one.”

“No way.”

“It’s just a shirt Ryung. Don’t be so dramatic.”

“No. One is enough.”

A frown.

“Ha. I’m not falling on that one. Get out, I’m gonna change back to my clothes.”

A pout this time.

She shrunk. “Oh. Fine. One last shirt Miss Hwang and we’re done. Got it?”

She smiled widely and nodded like a kid.

She waited for Tiffany to go out but the latter just comfortably stood there.

“Err…What are you waiting for?”

“Strip.”

“What?!”

 “I heard that question a lot today. Strip. Now.”

She vigorously shook her head and covered her body with her hands. “No way.”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s not like I never saw you .”

“N-?” she unconsciously blushed. “I was half-!”

She shrugged. “No difference. , half-, they still count as . Come on, you’re taking too much time.”

Hei Ryung took a big step backward when Tiffany stepped closer. She was never afraid of showing off her assets, though thankfully she never tried once to anyone except for that incident back at home, but in front of Tiffany, she feels like she’ll be eaten whole. Her scrutinizing eyes are definitely not a joke.

“Come on Hubby. Don’t be shy.” Tiffany smiled sweetly, reached out for the hem of her shirt then leaned forward “It’s just us here. Don’t be so tense.”

Hei Ryung unconsciously shuddered when she heard the whisper and can only stare at Tiffany the whole time. She can never understand the mood swings, the direct words she’s saying, or even the change of personality from time to time.

It is her first time seeing the girl acting like this, and strangely, she find herself drawn at Tiffany who is by now slowly lifting her shirt off of her.

Toned body. Tiffany smirked when she lifted the shirt.

Helping her strip to make things faster is just part of the reason. Truth is, she just want to see that abs she never expected to exist on that petite body. I should really ask her why she has this. I never see her hit the gym or exercise at home. Or maybe she does it in a private room somewhere?

She blushed at that thought. Does it smell good like her? Does it have gym equipment? Or…she gulped when different kinds of inappropriate equipment came rushing in her mind.

Now why am I thinking and behaving this way?! She’s a girl for goodness sake, who happened to like girls. She scolded her brain for adding the last part. You must not think things like that!

“So, how was it?” Hei Ryung’s voice shook her out of her thoughts.

“H-huh? Feel what?” she looked up and saw the smirk.

“You’ve been my abs, how was it?”

“I...did?” she looked down and had to take a step backward when she found where her hand is. Her eyes went wide. “Oh god, I did.” She blushed and smiled awkwardly.

“Now you realized it?”

“Th-they’re toned, actually.” She cleared .

“Of course.” Hei Ryung chuckled, shook her head and put on the other shirt. So you like this part, huh?

Hei Ryung turned around and got another high pitch squeal. This time, Tiffany has recovered from earlier.

“Looks better!” she grinned. “We’ll take this. Wait outside.” She opened the door.

“Outside?!”

“Yes! At the bigger mirror outside the dressing room.”

Hei Ryung heard another door being closed.

No way. I’m never going out wearing this shirt.

After a few minutes, Tiffany went out and found Hei Ryung still standing inside the room looking at herself. Frowning.

“It’s not bad. Come on.” Tiffany pulled her hand until she relented and went out, heads down.

“See?! WE LOOK SO CUTTEEEE!!” Tiffany squealed for the umpteenth time as they saw themselves on the large mirror, not caring whether everyone in the shop is looking.

Kill.Me.Now

Tiffany fished her phone from her bag then took Hei Ryung’s arm and placed it on her shoulders.

“W-what are you doing?!” she hissed and tried to take off her arm but Tiffany held it in place.

“Let’s take a picture.” Tiffany readied the cam in front of their reflection.

She looked away.

“Yah! Look here and smile!”

She bowed down.

“Smile and pose or I’ll kiss you.” Tiffany threatened, knowing that Hei Ryung would choose the former.

Oh god. And so she smiled.

Tiffany took her time taking a lot of pictures on their reflection with Hei Ryung following every orders until she called a worker who is staring at them, half in confusion and maybe a little bit of judgment.

He must’ve wondered why a very pretty cheerful girl is hanging out with another pretty but boring girl.

I shouldn’t have really suggested this.

“Can you please take a picture of us?” she eye-smiled.

“Err…sure.” He answered without taking her eyes off her.

Her infamous smile can really lure them. Boy, if only you know how hard to deal with her.

“Let’s make a heart shape Hubby.” Tiffany said with a sing-song voice.

“S-sure.” Does she really have to call me like that?

They raised their hands above their head and connected the tip of their fingers. Enough to form a heart.

“1-2-3…Smile.” He said, smiled at Tiffany then handed the phone back to her “Here.”

“Thanks.”

She wrapped her arm around Hei Ryung’s arm as she checked the photo. She frowned. “My Hubby looks so awkward, can you please do it again?” She referred to the worker again.

“Yeah.”

They repeated the same pose. Only this time, Tiffany made sure that Hei Ryung’s other arm is wrapped around her waist.

“1-2-3…Smile” he handed back the phone.

“Yey! Kamsahabnida!” she clapped, bowed and eye-smiled once again.

Hei Ryung swore she saw him gulp at the sight of the smile and laughed inwardly. Too bad for you boy, she’s too engrossed with this little game we’re playing.

She gave him a shake of the head and a smirk before she followed Tiffany to the cashier then wrapped her arm back to Tiffany’s waist. A little fun won’t hurt no one.

Tiffany turned her head at the touch. “Feeling brave, aren’t you?” she whispered.

“You like this stuff. I’ll just let you be, for now.” She whispered back without smiling then fished her card from her wallet.

Tiffany chuckled. “Whatever.” She handed Hei Ryung’s card to the cashier.

Yeee, couple shirt. I finally got a couple shirt! Tiffany thought and excitedly grinned. She is too happy.

“Are we done, Wifey?” Hei Ryung said louder.

“W-what?”

This time, Tiffany was taken aback by Hei Ryung’s sudden change of attitude. She tilted her head to look at her and was greeted by a cool confident smile she had never seen before.

“Are we done? I feel like staying at home and sleep.” She then leaned forward, made sure that she brushed her lips to Tiffany’s ear and whispered. “With you.”

Tiffany mumbled incoherently. Strangely, for a straight person, when Hei Ryung says it, it doesn’t feel disgusting. No, not at all. Her thoughts about the possibility of existence of Hei Ryung’s private room and what she expected inside that came back. Oh god, I feel so erted. Stop this thoughts! Stop blushing! Now! This is so inappropriate!

She then heard her chuckle and felt the card slid out of her hold.

Apparently, she is half way through handing the card but the girl’s words stopped her. So, Hei Ryung took the liberty to hand it over to the cashier and told them with that same smile,

“She spaces out a lot. Sorry.” She grinned.

The cashier smiled back and swiped the card.

Hei Ryung danced victoriously inside her head. She can never compete Tiffany’s loud voice and blunt personality, but one thing is for sure, she has her wrapped around her fingers with her seducing acting skills.

Tiffany has never said a word again and just bowed her head. It’s just now that she felt awkward having Hei Ryung’s arm around her.

Just then, the both of them cut their thoughts when the workers suddenly rushed at the side, forming a line, bowed then said in chorus, “Congratulations and thank you for coming, Miss Kim and her wife.”

“W-what?”

“We really are sorry for not recognizing you Miss Kim.” A guy in suit came out then bowed. Must be the manager. “We rarely see you out especially at this kind of place so we thought you are just someone who happened to look like Miss Kim Hei Ryung.” He explained, bowed again and handed the card from the cashier. “Your card proved our conviction”

Hei Ryung mentally face palmed. She scolded herself for being so carefree that she forgot her image. It must be a huge shock to see her there.

She claimed herself single in every article and just in an instant, she has a wife. Who they thought is her wife, that is.

I can imagine the headlines. Oh my, I don’t want to deal with this kind of news. My image! I’m supposed to look sophisticated and feared! And yet, here I am, wearing a cliché cute embarrassing shirt. How am I supposed to explain that she’s not my wife!

“Miss Kim?”

“Hey, are you fine?” Tiffany had to ask when Hei Ryung just stood there at her side, frozen and pale, hands slightly gripping the hem of her shirt.

“H-huh?” She blinked and saw everyone staring. She cleared to gain her composure. “Ah yes. It’s fine and thank you for the great service and for the warm welcome.” She slightly bowed. “We’ll be back here, sooner, if time will allow us.”

“I must say, you two really look good together, Miss Kim.” A kind smile.

“Ah, thank you.” She tried to grin. “Let’s go?” she then asked Tiffany without giving an eye contact, an indication that they have to get out there now.

“S-sure.” Tiffany answered when she sensed the return of the usual Hei Ryung. She then bowed to the workers when Hei Ryung said goodbye, then silently walked to her side.

When Hei Ryung’s acting like this, there are four possible reasons. She must be in a serious situation, tired and not in the mood, is very busy, or has a problem. Which, she goes for the former and the latter. So she sat silently on the passenger seat. Knowing that it’s the end for today’s fun.

She’s back to her usual self, isn’t she? Oh well, I bet she’s no longer my hubby for the day. She sighed and smiled as she looked down to check her shirt. At least I got my couple shirt. Keke~

“What’s with the sigh?”

Tiffany wiped off her smile and looked out of the window “Nothing.”

“Why are you suddenly so quiet?”

Tiffany didn’t respond and stayed muted for the rest of the ride. She went straight to the room with Hei Ryung following behind and felt the latter throw herself on the bed.

She placed her bag on the bed side table they are sharing.

“You’re not going back to work?”

“I’m tired.”

“Oh. Okay.”

“Besides, I already told you back there that I’ll stay home and sleep.”

She nodded then walked her way to her room.

“Where are you going?” Hei Ryung asked.

She stopped and turn around. “Couch.”

“To?”

“Sleep.”

“Why?”

“You’re not the only one allowed to sleep, you know.” She rolled her eyes.

“I mean why are you going to use the couch?”

“Err…because you’re going to sleep on the bed?”

A brow raised.

“I’m fine, Hei Ryung. You let me use the bed for months to make me sleep better, a nap without it wouldn’t make much of a difference.” She then turn around and was about to sit down when a pair of hands enveloped her with a hug from behind.

Her eyes widened. She can feel Hei Ryung’s breath from the back of her ear. And she swear she can feel Goosebumps around her body.

“Why is my wifey suddenly so grumpy?”

Tiffany never noticed Hei Ryung getting up from bed and walking towards her and she doesn’t have the time to think and analyze how that happened because right now, Hei Ryung is behind her, securely and almost comfortably embracing her and yet, she doesn’t mind.

She knows her heart is thumping so hard and her face flushed in red. She never expected for a girl to give her such reactions. Her breath hitched when she heard her whisper,

“Go sleep on the bed. A hubby is here to give you company.”

She almost babble incoherently. “I…me?…sleep?...bed?...You?” she unconsciously stuttered.

Hei Ryung laughed.  “That’s cute.”

“I…” a gulp.

“I always keep my word Miss Hwang. I’ll be your hubby for today so make use of it. I’ll deal with my problems later.”

She heard her speak in her usual voice.

“So…sleep? On the bed with your hubby. We’ll act lazy and act cute with our newly bought cute shirts.” She laughed. “Gosh, never knew I’ll hear myself say that.” She mumbled.

Now Tiffany finally laughed and decided to throw cushions in the wind. “Oh whatever. Let’s give you that sleep then hubby.”

She shrieked when Hei RYung lifted her up like a bride and gently placed her on the bed.

“Ugh…You’re heavy.” She huffed and chuckled when Tiffany playfully punched her.

“Hey! I have a baby.”

She then felt Hei Ryung move and placed her head on her tummy. She jerked but the latter held her in place so she just lied down once again. She can feel her heart beating so fast that she had to clutch her chest. Why am I feeling like this? Is it because she’s being too sweet?

“Do you want a baby girl? Or a baby boy?”

“W-what?”

Hei Ryung looked up then settled back to her tummy. “I personally like a baby boy because I find them easy to deal with.”

“D-deal with?” She felt Hei Ryung her clothed belly. She looked down and saw her moving her head to look at the baby bump.

“Hey baby, please be a boy? Your mommy’s hubby can’t deal with another person with crazy mood swings.”

“Yah!”

Hei Ryung laughed then crawled back to Tiffany’s side, lifted the latter’s head and placed her arm under. “Sleep Wifey.”

Tiffany breathed in and out every unfamiliar feeling and closed her eyes. She felt her arms around her abdomen, so she tilted to the side and nuzzled her head on the Hei Ryung’s neck. She really does smell so nice.

It’s weird how she found herself feeling so comfortable around Hei Ryung like this, despite doing this the first time.

She jolted when she suddenly felt conscious about her own scent. They, after all, went outside and she wasn’t able to take a shower went they got back. What if she doesn’t like my scent and decided to just stay on the couch, away from me? She gasped. No way. This is just a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can’t let this thing slip!

“What shampoo did you use?”

She heard Hei Ryung ask “w-what? Why?” she gulped. Oh doomed. I’ll kill you if you decide to sleep on the couch.

“Strawberry? Because I swear I can smell strawberry from here.”

Oh. I don’t smell bad at all. She chuckled at her own silliness. “No. That’s my lotion.”

“Really?”

She heard her sniff her hair and felt her arm tightened around her. Oh this one I like. She grinned silently.

“Hmm…Your hair smells good. I should consider using that brand.”

“Don’t. I don’t want to smell like you.”

“Hey! I smell good!”

“Oh no, not really.” She teased.

“Wait…seriously?” Hei Ryung untangled her arms around Tiffany then smelled her arm and shirt.

She laughed. “Stop it.” She placed Hei Ryung’s arm around her once more. “Don’t worry. I’ll just hold my breath the entire time we sleep.”

“Yah! I don’t smell bad! Even my armpit smells better than any cheap perfume out there!”

“Whatever.”

“I’m stating facts!”

“Who told you?”

“Me. I have my taste in smell and I know what smells good when I smell one.”

She eye-smiled. “So that means I passed.” She laughed. “Oh I know I smell nice.”

“Who told you?”

“You. You smelled me just a while ago Kim Hei Ryung.”

“Who smelled who? And why are talking about smelling? This is awkward.”

“You. I have evidence.”

“Sigh…Whatever. You’re lucky I’m in the mood to let you slip.”

Tiffany snuggled closer and whispered. “You actually smell good. Reaaally good.”

“Are you flirting with me?”

“Is it working?”

“No.”

Tiffany smiled. She likes this kind of talk. Random and fun. She never knew she could converse with Hei Ryung like this until this afternoon. It felt so right.

“Denial. I know you like it.”

“Sigh…Stop talking please. Just sleep.” Hei Ryung closed her eyes.

“No.”

“I’m sleepy!”

“I’m not!”

“I’m not talking to you.”

“Really? Now?”

“…”

“Hey!” she pushed herself up and heard Hei Ryung pretending to snore. She giggled.

“…”

“Are you really not talking to me?”

The snore even went louder. So Tiffany pinched Hei Ryung’s nose, causing her to choke.

“Yah! Don’t do that.” She lightly tap Tiffany’s shoulder then went back to sleeping.

Tiffany laughed and clapped her hands. She then hovered over Hei Ryung.

“What now?” Hei Ryung frowned when she sensed Tiffany’s shadow behind her shut eyes.

Tiffany gave herself the chance to stare for a minute then decided to throw cushion to the wind.

She took a deep breath then cupped Hei Ryung’s face.

“Sleep tight, Hei Ryung-ah.” She whispered then kissed her cheek before snuggling back again at the crook of the girls neck. Trying hard to stop herself from squealing of what she has done and to hide her red cheeks.

“And thank you for today.” She whispered and forced herself to sleep.