NOT

Show Me

Here's a serious chapter for you. I'm so sleepy! You know what that means, right? keke

I can't seem to find the right path of this story. I'm messing with my own story line. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

Note: Do you know how hard it is to write that name? J_sica...Oh gosh it took me a lot of effort not to think about it.

 


 

 

Her ringing tone woke her up with a start.

She squinted at the dark room and frowned at the weight on top of her, preventing her to move.

She looked down and huffed. Too sleepy to react. She can only come up with a messy reddish brown hair sprawled all over her chest. Miss Hwang. She realized with a puff. Apparently, they slept the whole afternoon.

The phone vibrated when the ringing stopped and she had to shift to reach for it.

Tiffany woke up when she felt movements and the arm around her slackened.

“Hmmm…” She wined without opening her eyes and tightened her hold around the petite waist she is holding, not liking to lose to the comfortable warm.

“Sorry…Just getting my phone.”

Tiffany heard the groggy voice then once again felt the arm securely wrapped around her.

After a few minutes of silently laying there, listening to Hei Ryung’s steady breathing, she moved to look at the latter.

“Who…” Her voice is hoarse so she cleared . “Who was that?”

“Hmh?”

She relented when Hei Ryung pulled her back for a hug. Eyes still close.

“Jessica.”

“An update for my case?”

“Hmm”

“What did she say?” She wriggled herself free from the girl and pushed herself to sit. Somehow, the reminder of harsh truth didn’t put her at ease.

“We’ll talk later, okay? Sleep.” Hei Ryung reached out once again.

Tiffany didn’t react. She just sat there beside her, staring, waiting.

Hei Ryung sighed when she saw the look and sat up as well. Truth is, she doesn’t really want to talk about that right now. She’s tired and she knows this will affect Tiffany’s mood. Also, she doesn’t want to worry her because the baby might be affected. But she can’t deprive her from knowing, can she?

However, she tried to work on it silently with Sunny and Jessica but they are seeking blind knowing that they have no evidence and hints about him.

“She’s asking if you finally remembered features of him. Even just the slightest.”

“Oh.” Tiffany looked down and silently scolded herself. Why, if everything, must she forget the face of the reason of everything? Suddenly, she just want to curl up in bed alone and cry. Tears are threatening to spill out but she clenched her haw to prevent it.

She slowly shook her head. “I’m sorry.” It came out as a whisper.

“Don’t be.” Hei Ryung hugged her. She didn’t know how many times she had done that today but she felt like the latter needed it badly this time. “We’ll catch him. I’ll make sure that he’ll pay for it.”

“I’m…I’m useless, aren’t I…sniff.” Tiffany finally cried. “I…of all people…why me?” she clenched Hei Ryung’s shirt when memories of how he treated her flashed. “H-he shoved me…sniff…on the grass…His hands…” A bunch of tears escaped from her eyes.

“Shh…” Hei Ryung’s breath hitched. She realized that she really didn’t know what happened to her. All she knows is she was . And that’s pretty much it. “Don’t force yourself…don’t force yourself.”

“Sniff…B-but talking about it might help me remember…sniff” a low voice.

“We’ll talk when you’re ready, okay?”

“I…I want to…I need to…” She looked up. “Help me. Please?”

She looked down and saw the scared, sad, pleading eyes. “Are you sure?” she gently wiped her tears with her thumb.

A nod.

“Okay.” She slowly lied down, pulled her with her without breaking the hug and waited for Tiffany to calm down.

Silence.

“Ryung?”

“Yes?”

“Ask me questions.”

Hei Ryung starred at the ceiling. The dark room covered its color. She the girl’s hair as she formulated her question. “Where we’re you before it happened?”

She took a deep breath. “Hanging out at Jessica’s. That was the first Saturday of October. It happened at dawn so that was Sunday.” She tried to explain calmly.

“Do you usually go home late every time you hang out with them?”

A shake of the head. “That was the first. We usually just spend the night at her home. Or if we’re outside, her personal driver will pick us up.”

“Why did you go home then?”

“Because…sigh…because daddy called.” She’s weak when it comes to her father. She saw a lot after all. From his rise to his fall and hopefully, his successfully comeback. A smile escaped from her when she remembered her excited father.

“Around what time?” Hei Ryung understood.

Hei Ryung’s voice erased her smile. “Around…2 am?”

Silence. Saved by their breathing.

“You should’ve called her driver.” Hei Ryung’s silent voice echoed.

Tiffany didn’t react.

“How did…” A pause “where did he…took you?” she rephrased.

Tiffany breathed in. “We passed by the secluded park. It was dark, no one is around…” she clenched her jaw. “I asked him. He said that he’ll take the short cut. I know it wasn’t true. I drive myself for years, aside from that time because we used Sica’s car, and I know that there’s a dead end. I want to run away but the car is running.” She took a deep breath to calm down her racing heart. Half in anger and half in fear. “And then he suddenly s-stopped,” she continued “stared at me with his wide eyes, and creepy smile…and the he…he pulled me out of the c-car…then h-his hands…” his blurry face flashed back. Her eyes widened “his tattooed hand were e-everywhere m-me…and ---”

“Stop!” Hei Ryung cut her. She can’t bear to hear the details of what he did no matter how badly she want to know.

“I-Im fine Ryung-ah” she tried to assure her even though her voice betrayed her.

“Enough. You told me enough.”

 

 

***

KNOCK. KNOCK.

“Sica?”

Jessica looked up from the files she had been reading the whole morning. One thing that she hated about office works. “Oh? Ryungie, what’re you doing here?”

“Do you have updates about the case?” she asked and seated at the leather chair across the table.

Jessica put down the folder and reached for another one. “I have actually.” She slid it forward. “Every details of the registered taxi drivers are in there.”

Hei Ryung silently flipped through pages to pages of the thick contents.

Jessica sighed. “The case is still pending Ryungie. We need information. We can’t possibly interrogate each and every one of them, can we? That would mean total chaos and not to mention waste of time. Plus, it might scare the culprit away.”

Hei Ryung looked up from the papers, closed it and stared at Jessica for a good minute.

“What are you thinking?” She asked. Knowing that the girl is in deep thoughts when acting like this.

“Do their organizations have whole body images of them? With different angles, I might add.”

She raised her brows. “Not sure. Why?”

“I want to ask for one.”

“That would mean another round of waiting Ryungie.”

“That’s the whole point. To wait. We can’t take action without knowing anything.”

“What exactly are you thinking?”

She exhaled. “We had a talk last night. Miss Hwang and I, I mean. I asked her questions and she said that he has a tattooed hand without realizing it.” She shook her head when she remembered the teary Tiffany. We must get rid of this. Fast.

Jessica leaned on her seat. Arms crossed and furrowed brows. “Did she mention about the design or style of the tattoo?”

“No. I had to stop her. Might break her down.”

“I see.”

Silence.

“Let’s conduct a personal interaction or interview of their org members. Then we’ll let them fill out a file with their thumb marks. Both thumbs. Might help me get a glimpse of their hand.”

“What are you planning Ryung-ah?” She asked. She seem to be talking ridiculously.

“Well…I’m thinking of getting a personal driver.”

“You don’t need that and I know that you don’t like to have one. What’s with the sudden change?”

“I just feel like it.”

Jessica raised her brows. She knows her too well that such a decision is quite hard to accept. Afterall, she was there when the girl argued with her father about how dependent and uncool it looks to have a driver waiting.

She tilted her head when a thought flashed in her head. “Are you doing this for her?”

“I don’t do things for anyone.” She replied. She can’t possibly admit it, can she? She has solemnly swear in her life not to let anyone manipulate her life. Not until she came. She realized with a huff.

Jessica can only observe her.

 

“So.”  She cleared . “Can we do that? We can actually use that for Miss Hwang. We’ll be hitting two birds in one stone. I’ll have my driver and we’ll catch the .”

“You realize that this won’t just finish in one day, do you? That it would mean a lot of work, especially from you.”

“I do.”

“How about your schedules?”

“I’m pretty sure Yuri can find a slot for that.”

Jessica smiled and exhaled in relief. “I must say, you’re acting a lot different than before Ryungie.” She smirked.

“What now?” she furrowed her brows.

“Oh nothing. I just like the you now.” She leaned on her table and reached for her phone. “I’ll call the lawyer and have everything arrange. Send me the details of your so called hiring, we’ll post it.”

She rolled her eyes. “Sure. Gotta go now, I have a meeting to attend.” She stood up to leave. “Bye”

“Bye.”

 

****

 

Tiffany has never been bored in her entire life. Add there that she felt so irritated about how Hei Ryung treated her the moment they woke up till the time she went to the office. She’s like dealing with an ice cold water.

“Undeniably very grumpy and cold at 5am. Psshh.” She threw herself on the bed and saw the time. It says 7:30.

“I’m so Boooreeedd!!!” she literally repeated that for the past 10 minutes. It’s like as if she wants to do something but she doesn’t know what it is.

She considered calling Jessica and Sunny but they’re probably resting and/or working.

“Bored.” She mumbled and tilted her head to try to sleep, only to smell Hei Ryung’s scent on their shared pillow.

She unconsciously smiled and snuggled closer. “She really does smell good.” She said and chuckled. She reached for the pillow with eyes closed and hugged it tight to get more of the scent.

Her actions stopped when she realized what she is doing. She snapped up. “And now I’m sniffing pillows?!” she threw it away and kicked every possible thing she can kick. She then stayed spread on the bed, staring at the surprisingly clean ceiling.

“Ah! I know what to do!” she snapped her fingers and got off the bed to get ready.

She decided to visit the company she used to work with. She’s still at her early age so her tummy is not that obvious.

When she was about to go out, she realized that she has no car to use. And she can’t possibly call her best friends for a short ride, can she? Hei Ryung is not an option either.

She shuddered when she thought of the word ‘Taxi’. Which surprisingly has no effect on her when she was mad at Hei Ryung just yesterday.

Just then, her phone rang. She immediately fish her it out of her pouch and immediately answered the call.

“Goodmorning Soonkyu!” she greeted enthusiastically. Glad that someone remembered her on her boring day.

“Wow. It’s still early in the morning and you’re already hyped up like this. I wonder what Hei Ryung did to you last night.”

“Oh shush.” She’s glad that her bestfriend can’t see her pink cheeks.

“Ohhhh…I smell something fishy. Did she act all sweet on you this morning too?” She teased.

She swear that even if she can’t see Sunny, the latter is already wiggling her brows up and down.

“No and I don’t expect her to do that. She’s just your typical cold and heartless being, acting like you don’t exist early in the morning.” She grumbled about the incident just this morning. She leaned on the front door.

Apparently, she was hyped up since the time she woke up. Happy that Hei Ryung is still there, securely holding her. And that she has all the time to stare at the sleeping Hei Ryung.

When the latter opened her eyes, she saw her stare at her for a good minute which caused her to blush awkwardly. But what she expected as a good morning shattered when Hei Ryung just stood up to prepare for work and never said a word. Wearing her usual I’m-not-in-the-mood-for-games face on.

She sighed at the thought. “Cold old tall grumpy ahjumma.” She muttered under her breath.

Sunny laughed. “Who’s being grumpy now?”

“Still her. Why did you call anyway?”

“It’s bad to check up on you?”

“Nope. It’s just unusual for you to call lately.”

“Sorry. It’s not like I’m neglecting you. I’m just too confident that someone is taking care of you.”

She silently agreed. Hei Ryung really knows how to care for her. “Relax Soonkyu, I’m just kidding you.” She chuckled.

“Aigoo. Silly. So how can I make it up to you? I have an hour before the meeting.”

“Oh! Good thing! Can I ask you a favor?”

“Depends. What is it?”

“Can you drive me to the company I used to work before?”

“Why?! You want to work again?!”

“Anio! Sheesh. Relax, will ya? I just want to visit. Besides, they can’t possibly tell that I’m pregnant. The size is still bearable.”

“Hwang Tiffany, you know that people there has never been honest towards you. Popularity, that’s what they aim for when you’re with them. Remember?”

“Yeah. Yeah. You don’t have to mention it. Can I have that ride? Please? I seriously want to see what happened there”

“Fine. Fine. See you later.”

“Bye. Drive safely.”

 

****

 

“Thanks for the ride Soonkyu-yah.” She unbuckled her seat belt. Feeling surprisingly nervous to see her so called work colleagues.

“No problem. How are you going home though? Want me to pick you up?”

“No. Thanks.” She smiled. Grateful. “I’ll just go and bother Hei Ryung with endless calls.” She grinned.

Sunny grinned back. Glad to see Tiffany look so happy. “Oh alright. Just call me if she can’t do it. Okay?”

“Yes mom.”

“Good daughter. Now go.” She playfully slapped her shoulder.

“Bye!” Tiffany gave her one last smile before going out of the car and closed it.

She watched Sunny made her way to the road before turning around and faced the building with a silly smile on her face.

“Welcome Hwang Tiffany.” She mumbled to herself. Still feeling strangely happy and made her way inside the building.

“Tiffany?”

She turned around when she heard her name and saw a bunch of her so-called friends or officemates.

“What are you doing here?” one of them asked. Smiling.

“Oh nothing. Just wanted to visit, that’s all.” She smiled back.

“Why did you resign anyway?”

“Just feel like it.” She expertly masked every little detail of what happened to her. She then looked to observe them. “What’s the event anyway? Why are you all so…dressed up?”

“Oh well, apparently, the biggest shareholder of this company is coming to evaluate us and we are tasked to entertain her while she’s here. She personally asked for our presence so…” The tallest one said then flipped her hair and giggled with the others.

“You? All of you?”

“Of course. Mind you, we are also best of friends. My family used to work for them, but they became friends so they became partners instead.” The other, who she thinks is the new team leader said with a smug look on her face.

“Really?” she tried to sound more convincing. “That’s nice.”

“Yes.”  A furrowed brows. “You make it sound like we’re not capable of doing it.” She rolled her eyes. “FYI, we got to see a lot when you are not here flirting the boss.” She then pretended to gasp. ”I mean, blind him with your beauty.”

The others giggled.

Tiffany’s jaw dropped. She has never been insulted let alone accused like that. “I don’t flirt with the boss.”

“Oh. Just slept with him? You must’ve earned golds that’s why you resigned.” A smirk.

“We heard that you got it good with that famous guy last time. Must be the reason why he resigned as well. To follow the queen of flirts.”

They laughed.

“Why are you acting like this?”

“Because we can. You’re not working here anymore so there’s no need to up on you and deal with your boring life.”

Tiffany was too speechless to react. She never knew that the guy she went out with, a week ago before the incident happened had also resigned. Plus, she is labeled and called names.

She was about to react when someone called her.

“Hwang Tiffany?”

All of them snapped up and turned to the owner of the voice. They bowed except Tiffany.

“Oh Yuri?”

“Hey!” Yuri walked towards her with a grin and engulfed her with a hug. Surprising everyone.

“What are you doing here?” she break free of the hug.

“Hei Ryung has a meeting here today.”

Ah so they are referring to Hei Ryung?! Her eyes widened. And she personally asked for them?! What the? Suddenly, she feel like punching Hei Ryung where it hurts.

Yuri then noticed the others staring at them with wide eyes. “Hi. Goodmorning.” She greeted them with her usual bright grin.

“Goodmorning Miss Kwon.” They chanted.

“You look so good today, Miss Kwon.” The team leader said. Trying hard to show Tiffany that she’s known.

“Thank you. Same to you.” Yuri politely said back. “You are the requested team, right?”

The team leader raised her brows smugly and shot Tiffany a look. “Yes. We’re just waiting for the meeting to start.”

Tiffany can only roll her eyes. If only she can strangle her to death, she would’ve done so. Why the heck would Hei Ryung request them anyway?! Aish!

“Hei Ryung is already at the meeting room, waiting. Let’s go?”

“Sure.” The others then started to walk to towards the room.

“Let’s go Tiffany.” Yuri nudged her when she didn’t budge.

“What?”

“Let’s get inside.”

“I…I can? I mean…”

“I’m sorry Miss Kwon but she’s not part of us. She just resigned a few months back.” The team leader said.

“Ah…” Yuri understood. She was told about the resigning thing. “Well, she can still get inside. Hei Ryung won’t mind.”

“Are you sure?” Tiffany had to ask. She can’t pin point whether they are in a good relationship since this morning.

“Very.” Yuri led her to the room while ignoring the protest of the team leader following behind them. She then opened the door and let Tiffany in.

There they saw Hei Ryung sitting at the center and their CEO at the right side of the table.

Tiffany unconsciously jerked when she saw the cold eyes of Hei Ryung staring at her confusedly as she entered. She saw her stood up and walk towards her.

“I’m sorry Miss Kim. I tried to stop Miss Kwon but she---”

“What are you doing here?” Hei Ryung asked Tiffany in a low voice, cutting the latter’s words.

“I…I just want to visit them. I was bored.” She unconsciously pouted.

The team leader rolled her eyes.

“I’m sorry to interrupt Miss Kim, I understand that she’s your friend but I think it’s inappropriate to have an outsider in our meeting. She’s no longer part of this company since she already resigned.” She tried to continue what was cut off. “Plus, she has the tendency to flirt and such a ty behavior is not proper inside the meeting room so I’m afraid that she’s not allowed here.” She tried to look as serious as she can.

Hei Ryung turned to look at the team leader upon hearing what she said. “What did you say?” she asked with that authoritative voice and furrowed brows.

The team leader stepped back when she saw the eyes. “I s-said that she’s not allowed he---”

“Who flirts who?” she tilted her head. Not amused of what she just heard.

The team leader bowed her head. Not sure of how to react.

“And you are?” Hei Ryung asked again.

“Oh? I thought you two are friends?” Tiffany asked. Amused. That’s what you get for insulting me. And for acting all boastful. My Ryungie is my savior. She smiled at her possessiveness.

The team leader chuckled nervously and tried to smile.

“No. You are?”

“I..I am the team leader o-of the newly acquired best team here sir.”

“Team leader of the best team.” Hei Ryung pivoted to look at the CEO, staring at them with wide eyes. Clearly concerned about what Hei Ryung will say next.

“I was expecting the best team with the best behavior Mr. Park.” She held his gaze.

“T-they are Miss Kim. They don’t actually act this way. Maybe it’s the---”

“If this is how you handle employees and other people then I must say you already failed the conduct evaluation. I asked for the best team, to let them be the model of the other team here, and yet you gave me the worst.” She roamed her eyes around the room, observing every employee whose head bowed down. It stopped at the team leader at her side.

“Calling other people names without knowing their story is just a no no.” She stepped closer. “Especially if you’re trying to talk about this girl.” she hissed “I have every right to kick anyone out. And should you not change by the next evaluation, then I am expecting a resignation letter.”

The team leader snapped up her head with wide eyes and mouth agape. Shocked of the revelation.

“I’ll be back maybe next month Mr.Park” she said without taking her eyes off the team leader. “I’m expecting the best…And only the best.” She held Tiffany’s wrist and signaled Yuri to go out with her. Leaving everyone shocked and scared.

Hei Ryung doesn’t know why she reacted that way. But the moment she heard the accusation, her ears rang up and her blood boiled. They know nothing about Tiffany’s story.

“Oh and wait…” she stopped and turned her head. “remember…

 

 

 

My girl is not a .”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

J__sica...Yup...hard. >_<