Unclucky

Show Me

Sooyoung just snickered at the Hei Ryung’s reaction.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked the latter.

Hei Ryung just furrowed her brows to Sooyoung. “Nothing.”

Sooyoung picked up her pen, still grinning. “So…how many months pregnant?”

“A month and a week, doctor.”

“Are you feeling any discomfort?”

“No. It still feels like as if I am not pregnant”

“That's true. The baby, at the beginning of its second week of life, the egg starts to embed itself in the lining of the uterus - this is called implantation. A very large number of cells multiply. Certain cells soon start to specialize -some move towards the edge, other larger ones stay in the middle...” She explained. “You're still not aware that you're pregnant. Perhaps you just feel a bit more tired than usual. The start of a so-called normal pregnancy shouldn't mean a radical change to your regular activities, but there are a few precautions to take.”

Tiffany nodded. “I see...Why do I keep on wanting to eat, by the way?”

“That’s normal. Your body wants food because you’re sustaining two lives –yours and the baby. But you need proper exercise. Some don’t want to eat, basically because of stress. So you need to have plenty of rest, good diet and exercise…How about morning sickness?”

“I had…once. That was when I found out that I’m pregnant.”

The questions continued and Hei Ryung just sat there…listening. The questions are all directed to Tiffany, since after all she is the patient, but somehow she felt like her participation is needed.

“I hope to see you again. Should anything happen, or if you feel something unusual then please come by or contact me. Okay?” Sooyoung smiled at Tiffany.

Tiffany nodded and smiled along. “Thank you Doctor Choi.”

“Oh please.” Sooyoung dismissed her with a hand. “Just call me Sooyoung, or Soo or Young.” She snickered.

Tiffany laughed.  

“I’ll just settle with Sooyoung then.”

“Can I call you by your first name too? I suppose that Sunny is your friend?”

“Of course and yes.” She smiled once again.

“I see…” Sooyoung tilted her head. “You sure have a very nice smile.”

Hei Ryung raised her brows. Check-up is already done by now, is it? She cleared to get their attention. But to no avail.

Tiffany shyly grinned. “Thanks Sooyoung.”

“Ah very cute too! And pretty!” she grinned.

Hei Ryung tilted her head. This is totally not check-up…This is flirting. She just complimented her three times in less than 2 minutes.

She cut them off. “Hey Soo…are we done here?”

Sooyoung snapped her gaze to Hei Ryung “Ah yes…I forgot you a minute there Ryung.” She chuckled.

Tiffany giggled.

Did she just giggle? She frowned.

“Oh and here’s my personal number should you want to contact me for check-ups…” Sooyoung was about to hand her business card to Tiffany when Hei Ryung grabbed it.

“Thanks Soo.” She smiled.

“Yah, you already have my number. Give it to her.” She pouted.

“Nah, I’ll just keep it. I might accidentally delete your number should you get too annoying, at least I got a back-up.” She reasoned and grinned.

“Tsss…Oh-kay. Then I’ll just give you another one.” She told Tiffany, not forgetting to smile.

“Sure.”

“No need.” Hei Ryung interjected and pushed Sooyoung’s hands away from the girl.

“Why?” Sooyoung raised her brows skeptically.

“I can just drop her off for regular check-ups.”

Sooyoung smirked. “That’s nice. But you might not be around her every time.”

“I’m pretty sure I will.” She returned the smirk.

“And why is that?”

“She’s living with me.” She said, complete with the smug look and confident tilt of her head.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened “Oh!” she laughed awkardly. “I forgot that you guys are married…wait…” she realized something. “Are you? Why is she using her maiden’s name then?”

Tiffany immediately shook her head. “Anio! We aren’t!”

Hei Ryung frowned and cleared .

Sooyoung exhaled. “For a minute I thought I lost my life.” She mumbled.

“Why?”

“Ah nothing.” She sheepishly laughed.

“So you’re living with her?”

The smirk reappeared. “Yes, my friend.”

“I see…” she leaned forward and whispered. “You guys don’t…do… stuff together, aren’t you?”

“YAH!” Hei Ryung blushed and exclaimed.

“What? Why? There’s nothing wrong with that! She’s still in early pregnancy days but you should still take it slow. Not the “Rawr” type.”

“Rawr type?” she frowned.

“Yes. Like Hulk-smash…Harsh and all that.”

“Dear God, stop it!”

Tiffany lowered her head to cover her blush. This isn’t something that she’s not usually fond of talking about. Not with her friends, at least.

“Why?” Sooyoung retorted. “You are supposed to do it with your very pretty girlfriend here!”

“I am not her girlfriend, Sooyoung.” Tiffany immediately cut her and shook her head.

Hei Ryung frowned again. Surprisingly, she doesn’t mind claiming her as hers, even if she doesn’t know her that much, in front of her flirt friend. But Tiffany made it sound like she is not a very likeable person.

“Then why are you…”

Tiffany sighed. “Long story.” She doesn’t want to tell everyone about her life no matter how friendly the doctor seem to be.

“So you’re single?”

“Yes”

Sooyoung exhaled and smiled happily. “I see…” she then laughed like a mad woman.

“Sheesh…You should be a psychiatrist...not an ob-gyn. You might be able to help those who have mental disorders.” She clucked her tongue.  “On the second thought, I think you’re worse than them” she grumbled.

Tiffany laughed.

“Oh well…Life is just sometimes lucky for someone like me” Sooyoung said when her little victory laugh faded.

“Ha! Go tell that to your foods.”

“Hey!”

“Let’s go Miss Hwang.” She stood up – not wanting to hear another round of flirting from Sooyoung.

“See you the soonest Tiffany.” Sooyoung grinned.

“Thanks Sooyoung.” Tiffany smiled and bowed then went out.

Hei Ryung was still holding the door’s handle when she opened the door for Tiffany. She turned her head to her friend. “We need to catch up Sooyoung-ah. Yuri will be thrilled to see you again.”

“Let’s do that.” She beamed. “And oh…I might give you a visit.”

She raised her brows. “Really now?”

“A-huh. I might just check on Tiffany while I’m at it.”

Hei Ryung almost punch her friend, knowing that it’s just an excuse to see Tiffany. “She doesn’t swing our way.”

“What?!” Sooyoung exaggeratedly exclaimed. Like she just found out that salt can be melted in water.

“Why do you sound so shock?”

“She straight, yet she’s living with you?!”

Hei Ryung shrugged. “Oh well…Life is just sometimes lucky for someone like me” she copied Sooyoung, just for the sake of teasing her.

“Don’t you dare lay a hand on her” Sooyoung narrowed her eyes.

She laughed. “Depends.”

“Yah!”

She walked out of the door, grinning, and just closed the door when she heard a muffled voice of Sooyoung. “I’ll make her gay for me!”

She took out her phone from her pocket and tapped the app with green icon to type a message “You wish Sooyoung-ah. =p”

 

***

 

Two weeks after and the two considerably had gotten closer. But Hei Ryung still uses the last name bases since for her, what they have is strictly business. Also, she had talked to the lawyer and they will see him soon after next week. The case took slower than expected because Tiffany is still unable to give a hint.

It was 7 am in the morning and Hei Ryung is silently drinking her milk when the bedroom door opened and out walk a sweaty Tiffany.

“Hey” she took the glass away from her lips and greeted.

 

Wait…What the?

 

She was left with mouth agape when Tiffany ran back in the room, holding her stomach and mouth when the latter saw her face. Is she fine?

She waited for her to come out, still in her previous position – holding the glass of milk while leaning on the counter.

And there came out Tiffany once again.

“Are you---” she was cut when Tiffany ran back in the room to vomit the moment she saw her face.  “—fine?”

Her brows raised. What the heck is wrong with my face?

“She did not do it on purpose did she?” she asked no one in particular.

She cleared when Tiffany came out the third time and silently counted.

 

 

One

 

 

Two

 

 

Three

 

 

Tiffany was about to ran back again, holding but she stopped her. She can’t just let her vomit all her life because of her face now, can she?

She stopped her by the arms and turned her around. “Yah! Do you really have to -----

 

 

 

---- YAH!!”

 

Her eyes widened in shock, hands still clutching Tiffany’s arms, and looked down in her suit.

The once clean shirt is now filled with Tiffany’s puke.

“Omona Ryung-ah! Sorry!” She wiggled her way out Hei Ryung’s grip and instead of running towards the room like she did minutes ago, now she ran towards the kitchen for a towel to wipe the shirt with it.

Hei Ryung is too shocked and stunned to react so she just stood there, frozen.

“Sorry! Sorry!” Tiffany can only repeatedly apologize as soon as she came back and wiped the shirt. “Take this off.” She gripped the bottom button, uneasily trying to open it up.

“Y-yah!” Hei Ryung swatted Tiffany’s hand away. “What are you doing?!”

“I’m trying to take it off of you. You’re dirty Hei Ryung-ah” she tried again.

“H-hey! Stop it!” she backed away. “And no! I’m not dirty! It’s your puke that made my supposed to be clean inner shirt dirty!”

“I know and I’m sorry for that. Now let me take it off? You don’t want to hold that now, do you?” she stepped towards her.

“Aish!” she silently added another curse knowing that TIffany's right and just let the latter have her way.

Tiffany somewhat clumsily tried to open the first button. She doesn’t know why she felt nervous but to actually see herself opening Hei Ryung’s shirt made her feel uneasy. She gulped.

“What now?” Hei Ryung retorted. “You can’t even open a button?” she’s genuinely irritated by now.

“I can! Sheesh…so grumpy” she mumbled but she’s close enough for Hei Ryung to hear.

“Let me puke at you and let’s see if you won’t get irritated.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. She opened the second button and silently cursing herself for being too slow. Why is this so hard to open by the way? The milky white skin is now slowly revealing so she tried her best not to blush.

She was about to open the third button when Hei Ryung swatted her hand away and her back.

“I’ll let myself do it.” Hei Ryung said and grimaced as she look down. The smell is just…”What did you eat last night anyway?”

“Just let me finish it so that you can change your clothes. Besides, it’s not like there’s something to see” She mumbled the last sentence.

“Yah!” Hei Ryung turned back around.

“What?” she reached out and sighed in relief after ing the buttons up to the last successfully.

Hei Ryung wordlessly took off her shirt, grimacing at the process.

Tiffany on the other hand looked away. It’s strange for her to do that since they are both girls. It might be because she admitted on liking girls. She reasoned. But somehow her eyes can’t stop stealing glances at the half Hei Ryung. She gulped. She got one heck of a body there.

“Here.” Hei Ryung held the tip of the shirt and handed it to Tiffany. She’s still extending her hand, waiting for her to take it but to no avail Tiffany’s mind is seem to be out of nowhere. Thus, she did not notice her.

Tiffany inhaled sharply when Hei Ryung extended her hand and giving her clear vision of the tummy. OH MY GOD! IS THAT ABS?! And here I thought that girls couldn’t have that.

“Miss Hwang?”

How did she have that anyway? I don’t see her working out. She unconsciously checked upwards and nodded her head. The size is not bad. She continued to the neck, jaw, lips somewhat smirking, nose, and then to her amazed eyes.

Tiffany jerked when their eyes met.

“Done?” she smirked.

“W-what?”

“Done checking on me?”

Tiffany blinked her eyes and looked anywhere but Hei Ryung. “H-ha! You wish!” she grabbed the shirt and walked away as fast as she could to the washroom.

She stopped walking half way and frowned at what she had just done. How many times must you humiliate yourself Hwang Tiffany?! She scolded herself. “Aish!” then continued to stomp away.

Hei Ryung was left chuckling, then got herself a clean shirt, ready to go.

 

 

***

 

She nodded at the workers bowing at her as soon as she entered the building. Some even made their way for her at the elevator, afraid that she will fire them. But Hei Ryung never did that. That’s too absurd, silly, ridiculous, and unreasonable. However, she is after all the cold and strict Hei Ryung that they know so they want to be precise and careful.

“Goodmorning.”

“Goodmorning Miss Kim.” Her secretary answered and stood up to follow her inside.

“Did the American Investors sent their written request regarding their concern?”

“Yes, Miss Kim. Here it is.” She handed the folder.

She scanned through the files and closed it after. Deciding to just read it later.

“Oh and Miss Jessica sent you an email, Miss Kim.”

She nodded. “Yes. She told me that. I’ll check it later.”

The secretary bowed and was about to leave.

“Don’t be too formal Jihyun-ah.”

Jihyun chuckled “Then you should at least call me unnie.”

“Nah!”

“Silly. I’ll be right outside.” She left.

The clock strikes at 12 when she heard her secretary opening the door.

“Ryung?”

She looked away from her laptop. “Yes?”

“Miss Choi Sooyoung is here to see you.”

“Oh? Let her in!” she grinned.

“A lovely noon for my lovely friend!” Sooyoung exclaimed as soon as she entered the room.

“Someone looks happy. What are you doing here?”

“I can’t visit a friend?”

“You can, of course. It’s just that you came unannounced. No patients?”

“I have as a matter of fact. But I have someone to visit with, so I moved our appointments.” She wiggled her eyebrows.

“And who is that? If I may ask?”

“Err…you?”

Hei Ryung chuckled. “That sounds uncertain.”

“Oh fine. Where’s Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked cutely. “I thought you’re always with her. You said that loud and clear last time.”

“This sneaky woman…And here I thought you’re here to hang-out with me. Don’t you miss me?” she teased. Hoping to change the subject.

“Pshh! Cut the drama Ryung! That’s not so you…Now tell me, where is she?”

Hei Ryung furrowed her brows to think. “Hmm…Probably sleeping?”

“At this hour?”

A shrug.

“Alright! Then I should at least check her up.” Sooyoung stood up but Hei Ryung managed to stop her by the hand. “What?”

She let go and sat back. “Err…Are you sure you’re coming there for that so called check-up?”

“Hey! I’m offended. Of course I do…”

She raised her brows.

“Alright, to see her is one. But I really am going to check her up.”

She inhaled. Eyeing her friend like she’s some kind of an alien. “Have you had lunch by the way?” she changed the subject.

Sooyoung tilted her head and patted her stomach. “Hmm. Not yet.”

“Then let’s have lunch! My treat!” she clapped her hands.

“JINJA?!!” she exclaimed. If Hei Ryung’s paying then that means unlimited foods, unlimited everything.

“A-huh…And dessert.” She offered.

Sooyoung clapped her hands gleefully. “Assa!”

Hei Ryung chuckled at the sight. She knows Sooyoung can never say no to foods. She was laughing victoriously inside her head for depriving the latter’s mind away from Tiffany when she heard her ask,

“But what about Tiffany?”

And here I thought I was successful. “What about her?”

“She needs to eat lunch.”

“Ah her…uhm…she texted me that she already had lunch.” She lied through her teeth. Tiffany didn’t even talk to her when she went out of the house.

“Oh.”

Hei Ryung sensed the disappointment so she tried get her attention back. “So let’s go? A split-second delay and I’ll cancel the offer.” She threatened.

“GASP! NO! MY FOODS! MY LIFE! YOU CAN’T JUST BACK-OUT KIM HEI RYUNG! My food needs me.” She pouted.

“oh hush. Cuteness does not define you.”

“But I’m cute.”

“Gosh Sooyoung-ah…”

“I am!” she retorted. “OHHH!” she excitedly jumped in her place. “Why don’t we just eat at your house? We can just order take-outs! Plus, that would give me time to talk to Tiffany about her current condition. See? I’m trying to be progressive here. Hitting two stones at a time. Food and Tiffany!”

She sighed. She’s not gonna let this girl come near Tiffany cause she simply can’t take her seamless flirting. “Again, she must be sleeping. Let her rest. You don’t want to stress her out, do you?”

“But…but…but this is for her good and the baby!”

“We will be there sooner. Be patient, will you?”

“No way!” Sooyoung literally run towards the door.

“Alright! Alright! Sheesh.” She stood up to stop her. “I'll text her that we're coming so give her time to fix herself.”

“Nah…I bet she still looks good even in bed hair and without make-up and a loose shirt.” She dreamily stated.

She snorted. “You just met her once, talked to her for less than an hour and you’re already like this?”

“Hey! I happen to have good eye-sight. And I know a perfect person when I see one.” She crossed her arms.

“She doesn’t know how to bake. But you like sweets that much.” She stated. Hoping to discourage her somehow.

“Hmmm.” She furrowed her brows.

“She very moody.”

“Hmmm.”

She thought of what happened early in the morning and smirked. “She can’t even open a button.”

That caught Sooyoung. “A button? Of?”

“A shirt.”

“Whose shirt?” she leaned forward.

Hei Ryung pointed at herself.

“Yours?!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “You guys…you…her….she parted your shirt?!!”

“Yah! SHHH! Not so loud!” Hei Ryung covered Sooyoung’s mouth.

“Hmhmhmh!!!”

“What?” she felt a in her palm. “Yah!” she hastily wiped it on the culprit’s shirt.

“I thought you guys are not an item?!”

“Yes we're not and please...stop shouting!”

“I can’t!”

Sigh. “She’s pregnant.”

“So?”

“You have a thing for pregnant woman?!”

Sooyoung laughed. “If that woman happens to be single and pretty. Why not? I can be a good father figure, you know.” She snickered.

She shook her head. “Your hopeless Sooyoung-ah. You don’t even know her story.”

“And you do?”

She shrugged.

“Oh well, I’ll learn about that soon. So shall we go now? I feel very hungry bickering with you.” She pouted.

“Tiffany or food? Choose.”

“What?”

“Choose. I can’t give you both.”

“You’re depriving a doctor to check her patient?” she gasped.

“I know you too well Sooyoung-ah, don’t give me that look. Now choose.”

“Hmmm…You give a very hard bargain Ryung.”

She coolly shrugged. “I'm a business woman for a reason.”

“Alright. I have decided.”

“That’s fast. I thought you’ll take at least an hour to decide considering your loyalty for food.”

“Well, a girl gotta have her decision.”

“So?”

“I guess I’ll take food for now.”

Hei Ryung lifted her fist. “ASSA!”

“Oh don’t be too happy. I’ll visit her sooner.”

“Well, you got the right decision buddy!” she grinned. Happy that at least she won’t witness another round of Sooyoung’s cheesiness and Tiffany’s reactions. Ha! What a lucky day. “Let’s go. Where do you want to ea---”

“Ryung?”

A voice caught there attention.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

She didn’t expect this to happen. Not after spending her time bickering with this tall girl with endless convincing.

 

Thus, ending her mental victory dance. I meant, unclucky day.

 

 

 

“TIFFANY!” Sooyoung exclaimed and ran towards the beaming Tiffany.

 

 

 

Sigh…

 

 

 

 

Unlucky indeed.