The Tiffany

Show Me

Eye-catcher, head-turner. That’s what she is ever since she was young. She has the beauty not everyone possesses. She is always the cheerful one and will talk if you’ll approach her. Friendly, as what the people call her. That she is, and she can gain friends in just a single smile. Not all of them we’re true though, some were just after her beauty and popularity.

But among all those people, she only had two friends she considered as best friends. They we’re the only ones who stick unto her whenever she felt like the whole world is unfair to her; especially when her mom died.

But of course, not all friendship is perfect. They also had their share of fights but managed to fix it before the day ends. Their bond never faded even until they’ve graduated. Despite the busy schedules the three of them have, they never forget to hang-out every now and then. Saturday is their date day.

“how was the date?”

“is he nice?”

“I heard that he is indeed a gentleman, is he?”

“that he is, he is even the kind of person who takes every relationship seriously. You just won a lottery Tiff.”

Tiffany clapped her hands and laughed at the comments her friends have. Just like any other Saturday, they will meet in Jessica’s house and catch up.

She just had her first date with this boy in their workplace. He is dubbed to be the ideal guy of every woman. Considering his looks, personality, and money, no one can say no to him.

Tiffany never really wanted to date him in the first place. She only did since her workmates and best friends pushed her to do so. Not that she is choosy. In her own words:  “Someone sweet and caring. Rich? Not really, a stable job with stable income is enough for me. Yes money is very important, but I want his attention and time more than that”. She’s an epitome of beauty and lots of guys are drooling over her that’s why it’s kinda hard to find that ideal one.

“What now Fany?~~” The other one whined when Tiffany’s laugh died down.

“Not bad actually.” She said as she grabbed a pillow and placed it on her lap.

“That’s it?” the other girl raised her brows.

“Yes that’s it. It was our first meeting so I still have to know more about him.”

“Sigh…Tiff, he is already the best. The most handsome creature I have ever seen!”

“His abs…Oh his abs! Yes!” the other one dreamily sighed. “Oh Romeo! Romeo!”

“How do you even know that he has one?!”

“we stalked.” The both of them proudly grinned.

“Wow.” She shook her head and hit them with the pillow on her lap. “You’re worse than a creep!”

“Yah! You’re insulting us!”

“You asked for it.”

“Whatever.”

“Let’s go Soonkyu. This hard to get girl is hurting our feelings.” She nudged the pouting girl beside Tiffany.

Tiffany laughed once again. “Not gonna happen Jess, you can’t possibly get out of here without Uncle Jung’s approval.”

“Tsk.” Jessica puffed her cheeks at the reminder. “I feel like a teenager grounded by a strict parent.”

“You’re not alone Jess, Krystal is feeling the same way.”

“Yup, she is even planning to sneak out if you finally hold the company. She’s confident that you’ll give her freedom.” Sunny said while checking her emails on her phone.

“How do you even know that?”

“She told me. What else.”

She shake her head. “Now I understand why she keeps on pushing me to work.” She curled her lips. “This girl.”

“That’s what you get for having rich parents complete with companies, people.” Tiffany snickered.

“Yah! You talk like you don’t have one.” Jessica pouted.

“Before Jess, that was before my mom died.”

A frown instantly covered her once cheerful smile. True, they had the money and all. But when her mom died, her father started to neglect business. All he did is lock his self in their room all day and grieve on her mom’s death. If she wasn’t only under-aged at that time, and had the idea on how to run business then she will give the honor to take his place. But no, she was a rookie teenager.

That was also then her so called friends left her aside from this two annoying small people. That’s why she was able to withstand the pain and longing.

“Sorry Tiff.” Jessica sooth the frowning girl. Feeling guilty for reminding her best friend of a painful memory.

She briefly smiled. “It’s fine Jess.”

“Anyway!” the smallest suddenly exclaimed to lighten up the mood once again. “Who’s up for clubbing?!” she excitedly squealed.

“Are you trying to make fun of me Soonkyu?” Jessica kicked her friend.

“Yah!” she kicked her as well. “Who told you to come? You stay here and continue graving until Uncle Jung arrives. Me and Fany shall take our graceful exit, now.” she said and immediately grabbed Tiffany’s hand to get out of the bed.

Tiffany didn’t stand up though, she just let Sunny pull her hand and sat there laughing.

“In your dreams Soonkyu!” Jessica grabbed the other hand of the laughing girl.

“Not my korean name, Sooyeon!”

“Sunny Lee Soonkyu!”

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon!”

“YAH!”

Tiffany’s loud voice startled the two.

“Are you trying to rip off my arm?!”

“Eh?” Sunny looked down and immediately let go. “Sorry. Keke~”

Jessica stuck out her tongue and the other one followed suit.

“And I’m supposed to be the maknae here.” She rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I can’t stay longer guys. Dad needs me at home.”

“But Fany-ah, it’s our date day! Sleep over! Plus, it’s late! It’s not safe for you to go home! You don’t even have your car with you.”

“It’s fine Sunny. I’ll just ride a cab.” She stood up, grabbed her stuff and briefly checked herself on the mirror.

“I’ll let ahjussi take you home Tiff.”

“No!” she grabbed Jessica’s phone out of her hands. “No need Jessi, the old man must be sleeping now. I can manage, okay?”

“Let me borrow your car Sica” Sunny suddenly said, she’s not going to let her go home alone. “I did not bring mine as well. I’ll drive Fany home.”

She smiled at her friends. This is one of the things she liked most about them. They care genuinely. “Thanks guys but seriously, I can manage. Just rest. I’ll be fine, Okay?”

The two girls stared at her, waiting for her to change her mind. But since she’s already set to go, they just merely nodded.

“Fine. Text us the plate number.” Sunny embraced her.

“And oh! Here.”

“Seriously Jess?” she checked the thing Jessica gave her. “sun glasses?”

“That’s to cover your eyes. You tend to smile to people and that might trigger them to do something inappropriate to you.”

“Awwee.” She pouted. “Exaggerated actually but thank you.” She smiled at them. “I better get going now.”

“Take care!”

“I will! Bye!”

“Bye!”

They watched Tiffany walked out of the gate, waved at the taxi that passed by and get inside.

“I hope I’m wrong but I hate what I’m feeling right now.” Sunny said when Tiffany is out of their sight.

“Why?”

“I feel like something bad will happen.” She mumbled then shook the feeling off. “Anyway, I’m sleepy~~”

She rolled her eyes. “Cut the whine Sunny. I hate it when you do that.”

“Why so grumpy~~?”

“One last whine and you’ll forever say goodbye to your precious life. Now go to my room…N.O.W” she ordered.

“gasp!” Sunny dramatically gasped as she placed her hand over . “Yes mom.”

“Wierdo.” Jessica mumbled and earned a light slap on her back.

She took one last glimpse outside, inhaled deeply and thought about what Sunny said, she is feeling the same way and she hopes that it’s not something serious. She then sighed. “I hope Soonkyu’s not right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next on Show Me

“Whatever it is Fany, you know we’re not going anywhere. Please don’t doubt us.”

“sniff…sorry…sniff”

Jessica handed her tissues once again.

 “I…I was…T-that night…cab”