The doctor is seem to be....

Show Me

This is quite long, so...


 

“Wait!” Tiffany stopped Hei Ryung.

Hei Ryung turns her head to look at the hand holding her arm then at the eyes with tears threatening to drop.

“P-please don’t tell my father?”

She raises her brows, indicating for an explanation. Tiffany’s father needs to know. He must know. He will be a grandfather soon. She vaguely remembered her, reasoning that she don’t want to hurt him. But that’s pretty much it.

“He’s…” she let go and starts fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. “I wanted to tell him. But…He just recovered from our loss. The day I found out that I’m pregnant was the very day he came out of his shell.” She breathed “I saw how he wanted to start a new life. Thus, he accepted Yuri’s offer. His sudden reappearance after years of mopping inside his bedroom shocked me but I was very happy nonetheless. I missed him. Very much” her tears finally dropped. “And it’s amazing to finally talk to him, interact with him and to have him take care of me. He looks happy.” She wiped her cheek with the back of her hand. “And who am I to take that happiness?” she dared meeting her gaze “I don’t want him to know because that might cause him to blame his self and lock his self, back in his room. I don’t want him to think that he’s a bad father.” She shook her head “I never wanted to force myself here, you know. But as what I’ve told you, I have no choice and I’m sorry for dragging you into this. If only I listened to Sunny and Jessi, I wouldn’t have---”

Her sentence was cut-off when Hei Ryung pulled her into a hug. She cried even more when she felt her tightened it.

“Everything’s gonna be alright Miss Hwang.” She whispered. “You’ll be alright.”

 

***

 

The both of them rode silently towards Jessica’s company.

Tiffany somehow felt delighted yet scared. Delighted that justice is on its way. But scared of what will happen by the time they found the . Would Hei Ryung let her stay in her home? Should she ask her again to take the baby as hers, would she accept it now? She knows that’s too much, but if the girl refuses, what about her father?

She shook her head. Questions after questions are filling her head.

They directly went to Jessica’s office and there they saw the latter leaning on her desk – thinking – and sunny on the couch, talking on the phone.

Hei Ryung knocked the glass door before entering, with Tiffany following closely behind.

“Hi.” Tiffany greeted.

Jessica lifted her head. “Hi. How are you?”

“We just had dinner with you and Ryung’s family last night Jessi.” She smiled. “But I’m fine.”

“Did you had morning sickness?” Sunny stood up and approached them after ending the call.

She shook her head. “Not at all. But I keep on going to the bathroom. Good thing Ryung’s bathroom is in her room.”

“You slept in her room? Again?”

A nod.

Sunny eyed Hei Ryung then Tiffany. “Did you two sleep together?” she snickered.

“Anio!” Tiffany shook her head and hand. Unconsciously blushing as she remembered the girl teasing her about waking up together. “I slept alone. In her room.”

“Ohh. You let her sleep in her room Ryungie? That’s a miracle. You never let any of us sleep on your bed.” She looked at her teasingly. “And this is the second time.”

Hei Ryung didn’t respond. Her face passive.

The three simultaneously cleared their throats. Knowing that it’s not the good time to tease the latter.

“So…Don’t tell me that you guys did nothing about Tiffany’s case.” Hei Ryung said bluntly. She crossed her legs as she sat on the couch.

Jessica frowned - “We hired a lawyer Ryungie.”, disappointed at the tone Hei Ryung used. As if they took her friend for granted. “He’ll come here to give me the results of my request. Their P.I had outcomes yesterday. It’s not yet complete though.”

“And that is?”

“I asked for a complete list of Taxi drivers around Seoul. Lists from different organization had been updated a week ago so they took time to recheck their databases. And some low organizations are still using paper so that took them a while longer to sort everything out.”

“Tiffany told us about the incident after a week, so that’s three weeks from now since we started.” Sunny added.

She scoffed. “Seoul is very big. It will take us a very long time to have that list. Searching each and every one of them will take us… what… forever?”

“We are trying to take this as silent as possible Ryung.” Sunny defended. “We don’t want them to know that they are checked. That will allow the culprit to run away and we don’t want that to happen now, do we? Plus, we can’t be so reckless. Our parents might find out, much more Tiffany’s.”

“It would be a lot easier if you asked Miss Hwang's help…Of what she remembered. She can give you hints for faster searching. Her statements will make things easier.”

“We asked her if she remembered his face, anything about him, on that day she confessed to us. But she said no.”

Tiffany stood there, feeling protected and loved by her friends. She never knew that they are doing this. For her. Yet she felt useless, here are her friends and a protégé, helping her, yet she can’t remember any of his features. Aside from his rough hands and bold shoulders.

“W-why did you hide this from me?” Tiffany finally asked.

“Because we don’t want you to feel stressed as you are Tiff. That’s also one of the reason why we---”

“Why you chose to bother me?” Hei Ryung continued Jessica’s sentence. “I don’t mind to help. I just don’t like the way you ask me. Or force me on this matter.” She glared at the three.

They looked down.

She took a deep breath. “So we will just wait until the list is completed? Just like that?”

“Unfortunately, yes.”

“And how is that supposed to help us? Having the list without a single hint about his appearance is nothing. Can’t you think of a better solution? Faster solution?” Hei Ryung knows she’s being pushy. She has never acted this way towards Jessica. But stress is filling her up right now and she wants to end this as soon as possible.

“We are, Ryungie. Sunny and I are doing our best.”

“Then why the hell is it not solved yet?!”

“Be patient Ryungie and relax, we’re just waiting for the results.”

“Relax? You’re asking me to relax? Heck, you guys fooled everyone! Including my father! Saying that she’s sick and all that. I only helped once, when she was drunk. But then I was asked for marriage because you wanted more of my help! Because you guys want someone who can take the father’s part!  How should I react to that? Laugh it off?!”

No one dared to answer. She is right after all. And she has all the right to rage.

Jessica felt like she never knew Hei Ryung. She’s always gentle towards her. She even shrugged the rumors about her being cold and all that. Now I know how scary she could be.

Tiffany on the other hand felt very bad for what she did. She admit that she was very distressed and selfish. Yes, selfish. She forgot to think of Hei Ryung’s part. Well, she did once, but desperation took over than conscience. She covered her face with her hand, she never felt so ashamed in her entire life.

“I’m…s-sorry.” She sniffed.

No one answered. Sunny and Jessica just approached her for a hug. It must be difficult for her.

“Come here and sit Miss Hwang.” She earned a confused stare from the three. The abrupt change of her mood caught them off-guard.  “Don’t stand up too much, we still need to go to the doctor. You should reserve your energy.” Hei Ryung said monotonously.

Tiffany stared at her with wide eyes. Is she…

Sunny and Jessica looked at each other. Silently talking with their eyes.

Hei Ryung stood up and approached her. “Go sit.” She handed her a handkerchief. “Fix yourself.”

Tiffany took the handkerchief hesitantly. “T-thanks” that came out as murmur and obeyed.

“Do you guys know any good doctor?”

Sunny smiled. “I know one. She was my sister’s ob-gyn.”

“Good. Where’s her office?”

“It’s near our home. I’ll ask Sica to send you the address. But you need to set an appointment though.”

“I don’t mind.”

Sica immediately took out her phone as per Sunny’s request and sent the address to Hei Ryung.

A beep on her phone indicated the arrival of the message.

“Thanks.”

“Aren’t you going to your office?” Sica asked. “I heard that Uncle Kim is going to be there.”

“He’ll just ask me about her” she rolled her eyes and stole a look at the quiet girl on the couch.

Jessica chuckled. Now this is Hei Ryung. “So, no meetings?”

She sighed. “I have unfortunately. I’ll just let Yuri take care of it.”

“Thanks Ryungie and sorry.”

“Yeah sorry.” Sunny added.

Hei Ryung met the guilty look of the two girls. “I hate your way. But you have my word.”

They smiled. Grateful.

“But I won’t take the father’s part. She’ll have to raise the baby on her own. I’ll accompany her since she’s still in my home. But that’s it. I won’t go any further. And if Mr. Hwang will ask about her tummy, then I won’t do anything about it. You solve it on your own.”

The downcast look went unnoticed. And she knows that Tiffany heard everything that she said.

She excused herself to go talk to her Assistant.

“Are you okay? Fany?”

“I don’t know.”

“She’s helping you Tiff. No need to worry.” Jessica patter her shoulder.

“She’ll help find him. But after that, I don’t know where I’ll go. You heard her.”

“You can come over to us. Just like what we asked yesterday. That was a sincere suggestion, you know.”

She smiled. “Thanks guys. But I don’t want to risk showing off myself. Sooner, my tummy will grow. And Uncle Jung and Uncle Lee might tell Daddy about that.”

And they know she’s right.

 

***

 

“Hello?”

“Hei Ryung, buddy. Had a nice night with wifey?”

“Shut up.”

She heard Yuri laugh.

“How many meetings do I have to attend today?”

“You should ask your secretary. Not me.”

“Oh come on Yul.”

A giggle. “Just two.”

“Hmm…I have a request.”

“Wait. I think I know where this is going. You’ll let me attend it, don’t you?”

“You know me so well Yul.” She grinned.

“But I hate meetings!”

“Well, unfortunately, that is a very important matter.”

“I refused Appa’s offer because of that, you know” she sulked.

“I know.” She chuckled. “But you decided to work for me and I need you in this.”

A sigh. “Where are you going anyway? Why aren’t you here in the office? Uncle Kim will be here.”

She took a while to answer. She knows she’ll be teased but she had to tell her. “I’m going to accompany Miss Hwang to see an ob-gyn” she carefully said.

She heard Yuri giggle. “Ohhh! Nice progress you got there buddy. Taking wifey for a check-up, huh?”

“Can you please tell my secretary to set up the doctor’s appointment?” she ignored her. “Just shrug, should she ask why.”

“Well, now that you’ve told me your reason, I don’t mind doing your requests.”

“Thanks buddy. I owe you one.”

“Oh you owe me a lot buddy.”

“Shut up.”

She laughed. “Bye and good luck for the check-up. Take good care of your wifey Ryung~”

The call ended.

 

***

 

The three had been chatting when Hei Ryung entered the room after confirming the time specified by her secretary. The atmosphere had considerably lightened, now that they are laughing.

“Sica…Sunny.” Hei Ryung called their attention.

They looked at her.

“As much as I want to wait for the lawyer, I’m afraid that we can’t make it on time. The ob-gyn wanted us to come as fast as possible since Miss Hwang never had a check-up before. She wants to know the condition of her baby.” She explained.

“uhm, sure. We’ll just send you the results.”

“The complete list, please. And I might want to meet him for further discussion.”

“Sure.”

She beckoned Tiffany to stand up. “Let’s go Miss Hwang.”

Tiffany nodded and obeyed. “Gotta go guys. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Jessica and Sunny watched as the two walked out of the room.

Sunny inhaled. Somehow relieved. “I gotta say, you’re friend’s nice. Despite the outburst – which is understandable, she’s nice.”

“I know. And our friend’s in good hands.”

“Let’s just hope she’ll change her mind. About taking her hands-off Tiffany after the case that is.”

“Yeah.” She breathed out. “Anyway, the lawyer won’t be here before lunch. Wanna have brunch?”

“Sure. You’re paying.”

“And when did we agree to that?”

“Just now.” She snickered then grabbed her wallet, phone and keys.

“You drive!”

“Sure Sure. You might sleep while driving. I’m too young to die.”

“Yah!”

 

***

 

The two waited for the car outside the office in silence. Tiffany can’t make up what to say so she just silently stood there.

The car stopped right in front of them and the valet came out right away.

Hei Ryung opened the car door for her and she mumbled a thank you.

“You can take a nap on the way there.”

“I’m fine.”

Silence.

“Aside from the regular trips to the bathroom, what else are you experiencing?” She broke the silence.

“Eh?” Tiffany raised her brows. She didn’t know that Hei Ryung was listening when Sunny asked her.

“I don’t know anything about pregnancy and no I’m not interested to experience that.” She tried to joke. “I just want to know. You’re under my care after all. I mean, for now.” She immediately added the last sentence.

Tiffany understood. “Just tired.”

She nodded.

A short while later and the silence has once again interrupted by the sound of something similar to a sudden ripping.

 

 

“Did you just---”

 

 

 

 

A FART cut her.

 

 

 

 

 “OH MY GOD! I’m sorry!” Tiffany exclaimed and covered her reddened face with her hand. “I--”

Hei Ryung couldn’t help herself but grin. She bit her lower lip to stop herself from laughing when another sound, louder this time, came out from Tiffany once again.

“That wasn’t me! T’was the baby!” Tiffany exclaimed, trying to defend herself.

Hei Ryung just nodded her head. Afraid that if she’ll talk, she’ll end up laughing for real.

 

And there goes another fart.

 

Not once.

 

Not twice.

 

But thrice.

 

“Uhhh…Sorry?” Tiffany grinned sheepishly. “You might want to open the window, you know.” She suggested. Although she’s very much embarrassed right now.

 Hei Ryung couldn’t help herself anymore. She abruptly stopped the car at the side of the road and laughed out loud.

Tiffany just covered her face – even her ears are red.

Hei Ryung’s chortles covered the once silent car.

“Stop laughing!”

“I-I c-can’t…” and there goes another fit of laugh.

Tiffany just listened to the girl who won’t stop laughing. She never saw her laugh before so to see her actually doing it now, even if that cost her image, somehow made her smile. The embarrassment receded with that realization.

“Hoo! S-sorry” she wiped her teary eyes. “Never laughed like this for weeks.”

Tiffany sighed. There’s nothing she can do about it. It was unintentional. Something that she herself can’t keep. Something that her stomach wanted to let out. “I d-dint intend to.” Her face is turning pink once again.

“It’s fine.” She chuckled. She can’t seem to recover. Well at least I know she’s not Miss Perfect. She shook her head. Don’t know how to bake, farts like no other but pretty nonetheless. The last sentence made her shift. She quickly reverted the engine back and started driving.

She stole a glance at the quiet girl whose ears won’t seem to change its current pink color.

“Sorry for laughing.”

“huh?”

“I didn’t mean to offend you.”

She smiled. “It’s fine”

“If it makes you feel better, Jessica once farted in our classroom after letting her eat a huge plate of sweet potatoes. And they smell like poop” She grinned at the memory.

Tiffany noticed the pink cheeks. “You we’re with her aren’t you?”

Hei Ryung immediately cleared .

“You we’re!”

“Anio…”

“Ha! Sweet potatoes can make foul your fart! At least mine smells nothing.” she laughed and clapped her hands.

Hei Ryung glanced at the unique laugh and saw the return of the eye-smile. “I hope you won’t leak that.”

“Depends. If you’re too annoying, then…” she turned her body towards the girl and made a fake slicing of her neck complete with a sound effect.

She dramatically gasp. “You wouldn’t!”

Tiffany made a victorious laugh.

“Feel better?”

Tiffany exhaled and smiled at her. Grateful. “Thanks.”

 

***

They heard murmurs as soon as they entered the clinic. It is something that Hei Ryung is used to but couldn’t help to scold herself for not bringing sunglasses. It is after all very unusual for a protégé who claimed to be liking girls, visit an ob-gyn.

She bowed her head and let Tiffany walk before her.

Tiffany turned. “Here. Wear this. I know this won’t help now but…” she don’t know what to say so she just wear it on Hei Ryung’s instead.

Hei Ryung almost jerked but managed herself not to. She didn’t even notice the girl get the glasses from her pouch. She then saw Tiffany walk ahead so she catches up alongside with her. “Thanks.”

“Nice glasses.” Tiffany smiled.

She chuckled. “Indirect self-praising, I see.”

“But that doesn’t change the foul fart you had before.” She smirked.

she sighed “I shouldn’t have tell you that.”

“Too late.”

They waited outside the doctor’s office since the doctor is out to get some files. Tiffany sat beside the two girls – the other one is fat, the other is thin, clearly making them look like number ten-  Hei Ryung sat then beside her.

“Hey. Is that Kim Hei Ryung of Kim Industries?”

Tiffany heard one of them whisper but didn’t comment. Hei Ryung’s seem to be not listening.

“Where? Ah yes.”

“I heard she admitted of liking girls.”

“Really? Then that girl must be her girlfriend. Who’s pregnant between them then?”

“Must be the other girl. Kim Hei Ryung is not the pregnant type.”

“So is the other girl. She looks innocent...and girly to be gay.”

“Well, nothing can say no to a rich young girl.”

Tiffany was about to retort when Hei Ryung hold her leg. She looked at her and saw her shook her head without giving her a glance.

The two must have seen it when Tiffany heard one of them say, “I wonder how Kim Hei Ryung used her magical fingers to make that girl pregnant.”

They giggled.

Tiffany couldn’t take it any longer so she placed her hand above Hei Ryungs and turned to the girls. Hei Ryung just looked at her with wide eyes.

“Hi!” Tiffany greeted them with her eye-smile.

“Uh h-hi.” They must be taken a back with the sudden greeting.

“Pregnant?” she asked the girl beside the fat girl still with her smile.

“Y-yes. Ofcourse. I wouldn’t be here if I’m not.”

“Really?!” she exclaimed albeit exaggeratedly causing Hei Ryung’s full attention.

“Why?” The girl frowned.

“Oh nothing. It’s just…” she stopped and turned to the fat girl. “How about you? Judging by your tummy’s size, I bet you’re on your last month of pregnancy.” She innocently smiled this time.

A frown. “I’m not pregnant.”

“Oh my God! Really?!” she looked at them apologetically. “Sorry." she gestured at the other girl. "She must be your daughter. You should let her eat though, she’s too thin. Please don’t take the food away from her.”

“Hey! She’s a frie---”

“And give her a massage. That will make her more relax. Well, I have someone’s magical fingers to sooth my aching muscles every night. You want to know how this fingers work, am I right?” she intertwined their fingers and lifted it.

Hei Ryung chuckled.

“Let’s get out of here and get you some snack.” The fat girl stood up angrily and stomped out, not even daring to wait her friend.

“Every night, huh?”

Tiffany saw her smirk. She looked down and saw them, still holding hands. She awkwardly let go of the hand.

“You know. For someone who sound so tough, you sure have a cold hand.” Hei Ryung lifted her eyeglasses to have a better look at the once again pink face of the girl.

“They are insulting you…also me.” She mumbled.

“You’re probably aware that they will spread that, don’t you?”

“Gasp!” That didn’t realize it sooner. “Oh my God Hei Ryung-ah! That was so stupid of me! I forgot about your image! I was mad and I want to let them know that we are from what they are accusing us. Well of course ---”

“Hey! Miss Hwang. Stop! It’s fine.”

Tiffany saw the smile. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. I won’t be able to do that, so it’s a good thing that you scared them out.” She patted her hand.

“Miss Kim? Miss Hwang?”

They simultaneously looked at the owner of the voice.

“Wait…Choi Sooyoung?” Hei Ryung exclaimed.

“Heya there pal” Sooyoung spread her arms.

Hei Ryung immediately gave the girl a quick hug. “Where have you been? And since when did you came back?”

“A year ago. I heard that Sunny recommended me?”

“Yes. Why didn’t you tell us?” she frowned.

Sooyoung chuckled. “You’re too cute.” She then tilted her head to look at the girl, standing awkwardly behind Hei Ryung. “And you must be Tiffany.” She extended her hand. “Choi Sooyoung.”

“Hwang Tiffany.” She shook the hand.

“Let’s go check you up then.” She gestured them inside.

Hei Ryung let Tiffany walk in first and heard a whisper from the doctor.

“Nice catch. You sure have a knack on girls with big tight butts.”

She looked at Sooyoung with brows furrowed and then saw her lightly tap the girl’s before taking a seat on her chair.

Sooyoung then gestured Tiffany, who seem to be oblivious of what happened, to sit down.

It took Hei Ryung a minute to finally realize what Sooyoung did.

Big …tight...tap……her eyes widened.

“YAH!”