You are?

Show Me

“What are you going to do with her?”

“Did you check her phone?”

“No phone.”

“What?! How can someone leave a house without a phone?!” She lowered down her voice when the lump on the bed shifted.

“As what you’ve said she was not alone, so she probably handed her purse to her friends.”

They grew quiet.

“She’s a beauty Ryung.”

Hei Ryung chuckled. “If I haven’t known any better, I would probably think that you swing my way.”

Yuri scoffed. “Not in my wildest dream Ryung.” She then yawned.

Hei Ryung noticed the tired eyes and felt sorry for dragging her with this mess.

“Go home and rest. Take a day off.”

“Oh my gawd  Ryung, is this you?!”

“SShh! Someone’s sleeping!” she hissed.

“Oh.” Yuri grinned. “I see you care for her. Just do it slowly Ryung, she might not swing your way. And don’t tell me that you’re trying to help cause that’s not so you.” She quickly added the last sentence as if she knows how Hei Ryung thinks.

“You’re talking nonsense again Yul. I was seriously just trying to help, okay? I admit that she’s pretty but that’s pretty much it.” She took a glance at the lump on the bed. “I have my ideal girl and you know it.”

“Right.” she rolled her eyes. “Still not over her?”

She shrugged. “How can I?”

Yuri stood up then pats the frowning girl’s shoulder. “Sleep on it buddy, I’m afraid you’re going to use the couch.”

“sigh…right.”

She watched Yuri go out.

“Oh wait!”

“Yes?”

“Please don’t tell Appa about this. Should he ask why I stayed here in my apartment, please just tell him that I don’t feel good and it’s the only place closer to the company.” She bit her lower lip. “Please?”

“Hmm.” Yuri pretended to think. “That depends. He’s the chairman after all, I don’t want to go home jobless.” She grinned.

“Yah!”

Yuri let out an evil laugh. “See yah around Ryung.”

“Some kind of best friend you are.”

Best friend. Yes. There are three of them actually. Her, Yuri and the person she has grown to love.

Yuri waved her hand then entered her car. “Sleep well Ryung. It’s past your resting time.”

“You too. Drive safely.” Hei Ryung earned a nod and watched the car took its way out. She then locked the door, made her way to her room then looked at the sleeping girl.

“I had never tried letting someone sleep on my precious bed. Not even my best friend” she murmured then proceeded to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After doing so, she immediately changed into a more comfortable shirt then picked out an extra blanket and pillow gently placing it on the couch.

She shook her head. “This is why I hate helping.” She muttered under her breath as she tried to find a more comfortable position.

Her eyes fell on her bed not far from her. She pouted. “I want my bed~~”

Her senses we’re about to knock off and reach the dreamland when she heard a whimper. Her eyes immediately flew open.

The girl is tilting her head side by side. Eyes closed tight and beads of sweat are present on her forehead and neck.

“Hey Miss.” She tried to wake her up but failed to do so.

“D-don’t…Please don’t.”

She heard her say once again.

She reached out and sat near her. Poking the latter’s arms, hoping that her action might help in easing the girl from her nightmare.

A sigh of relief escaped when the furrowed brows smoothened followed by a light snore.

She scoffed. “You’re lucky you’re pretty. If not, I would’ve probably left you there.” She whispered.

She made herself comfortable and before she knew it she dozed off.

 

 

 

****

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK~~~~~”

 

 

A random kick.

 

 

Hei Ryung woke with a start and whimpered in pain as her back felt the strong kick. She was about to get up by supporting her body with her elbows but was awarded with another kick on the .

“YAH!!” Tiffany shouted, she immediately grabbed the blanket that is under the other girl’s body.

 

 

Thud.

 

“OUCH!” Hei Ryung rubbed her when she fell on the ground. She silently cursed.

She looked up on the bed and saw the girl already awaken with wide eyes, sitting at the corner of the bed covering her body with the sheets.

“W-who are y-you?!” the girl pointed at her accusingly. “W-why are you sleeping n-next to me?”

As she was about to reason out, Tiffany threw her a pillow instead. “Yah!”

“You!”

Hei Ryung looked at her in disbelief.

Tiffany crawled towards her, bringing another pillow, ready to hit her.

Hei Ryung immediately covered her head with her arms, shielding for the upcoming hit.

“What.did.you.do.to.me?!” the shocked and bewildered girl stated as she hit the young, innocent and helpless entrepreneur. “You took advantage of me, didn’t you?! *hit* Haven’t you thought that I’m a girl as well?!” she stopped. “AAKKK~~~~”

She hit her once again.

“A girl took advantage of me!” she shouted at no one in particular.

“Yah!” Hyei Ryung took the chance to hold the pillow and the wrist of the squirming girl. “Do you think I’ll take advantage of a girl with a ridiculous fashion?!”

It stopped Tiffany from struggling, sat abruptly and looked at her in disbelief. She pointed herself from up to her waist without taking her eyes off the other. “You call this ridiculous?!”

Hyei Ryung firmly stood up. “Yes!”

“How dare y---”

She was about to stand up as well to knock Ryung once again but was stopped by the latter’s strong hand on her shoulders.

“Can you just shut up? You’re giving me headache!”

“Do you think I’ll just shut up here when I’m now totally in my right state of mind that you!..” she slapped the hand away “You’re the same with that cab ert!”

“ert?”

“YES!” she grabbed the blanket once again to cover herself.

She looked at her in disbelief “Ha.” Her concern towards the girl faded, changed with irritancy.

It’s still early in the morning and she got nothing but a kick and loud screaming. Who wouldn’t feel piss about that? Considering how she took good care of her last night.

“You think lowly of me?”

“What?”

“Do you think I’ll do it with someone like you?”

“Hey! In case you didn’t know, people are lining up just so they can date me.  You must be feeling really lucky.” Tiffany muttered. Crossed her arms.

Hyei Ryung chuckled. “Self-proclaimed, aren’t we?”

A scoff

“You dozed off outside the bar and I happened to pass by. You’re the lucky one Miss. You’re lucky I did not leave you behind.” She half lied. She can’t tell her that she followed her out of curiosity, can she? She did not include the kissing part as well since she knows it’s not necessary to tell her. “I fell asleep right next to you because I thought you were having a nightmare and that you might need some comforting.” she clenched her jaw. “Aish.”

 She then proceeded to the comfort room to brush her teeth. She doesn’t feel like sleeping again. “You look innocent when you’re asleep yet you’re the opposite when you’re awake.” She mumbled in herself.

She went back to the room only to see the girl still on her previous position. The difference is that her hair is now fixed.

“Do you happen to know where my friends are?” The girl suddenly asked calmly, as if nothing happened.

She shot her a look and scoffed. She was about to give her a sarcastic answer but the frightened concerned look the girl is having stopped her from doing so. This is making me crazy

She shrugged.

“May I go home now?”

She nodded. “That’s the best thing for you to do.”

She knew she sounded cold but she has to. Not when she finally saw clearly how a goddess this girl is. Dangerous.

When she described the girl’s clothing as ridiculous, she really didn’t mean it. It’s just her way in order for the girl to believe her that she didn’t do something in her sleep and to stop her from torturing her with hits and kicks.

The girl nodded and stealthily stood up pressing her feet gently on the floor.

Hei Ryung observed the girl in the corner of her eyes and saw the hurt expression as soon as the latter’s feet landed the ground. It must be the hang over. She shook her head at the irony. To think that you had the energy to hit me all throughout.

She walked out of the room and came back with a medicine and water in hand.

“Here.”

The girl looked up.

“Take this. I bet your head is throbbing right now.”

The girl took it then bowed slightly at the person standing in front of her then muttered a thank you.

“What’s your name?”

She looked at Hei Ryung.

“Don’t misunderstand. I just want to know who I helped.” Hei Ryung said flatly. Stating clearly the last word.

“H-hwang…wait.” She did not finish her sentence when she finally observed the person in front of her.

“You’re Hei Ryung right? Kim Hei Ryung? The heiress of Kim Enterprises?” she can’t believe her eyes. The said company was featured in Magazines, Billboards, TV and other featuring sights. They are popular all around the world and she saw her in the pictures. She’s really pretty in person. Her eyes widened at the realization. Oh My God. I just hurt her, did I?...aish…  she silently smack herself.

Hei Ryung did not respond. She was amazed on how the once frightened expression turned into a shock.

Her phone alarmed and she knows she needs to prepare for work. She has to be there on time especially now that she gave her assistant slash best friend a day off.

“I have to prepare Miss Hwang. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to use my room.”

“Oh!” Tiffany stood up. “No worries, I should get going now Hei Ryung.”

Hei Ryung turned her head to this Hwang girl. She can’t believe her ears. “What did you call me?”

“Hei Ryung.” she said confidently then smiled.

Hei Ryung raised her brows. No one has called her comfortably with her name on their first meeting, plus she doesn’t even consider her as a friend. Plus what she did to her this morning? A shake of the head. That’s a no no.

“I’ll be going now Hei Ryung.” she bowed down. “Sorry for the inconvenience and eerrr...about this morning” she almost mumbled the last sentence as she looked away out of embarrassment.

She just nodded her head.

Tiffany was about to go out when she remembered something. She pivoted and looked at the other person. “Err…”

“Yes Miss Hwang?” she said when she sensed the hesitation.

Tiffany hesitated. She bit her lip then inhaled deeply. “Can I just go out with you?...I mean, ride your car on your way to the company? Then I’ll just call a friend from there.” She carefully asked.

Hei Ryung raised her brows. “Excuse me?”

“D-don’t misunderstand.” She shook her head and hand. She’s also aware of the girl’s preference since it’s in an article. And the girl confirmed it. “I don’t have my purse with me. And…I l-left my car at home since we used my friend’s…So…I c-can’t go home” she started to explain. She tried her best to hold back the stutter but she can’t help it. Her request is too embarrassing especially now that she knew who she is talking to. Plus she even evaded her space without hearing her complain.

Hei Ryung sighed. “Just ride a cab, I will pay for the fair.” She said and was about to go back to her room to get a bill.

“No!” Tiffany called out.

Hei Ryung stopped her track.

“I mean..I…” she bowed down her head. “I don’t want to ride a cab.”

“And why is that?”

Tiffany looked up and immediately averted the girl’s gaze. “I just don’t like it.”

“…”

“sigh…Please?”

Hei Ryung held her breath. That same word she has been hearing from the girl followed by the repetition of the word ‘Don’t’ during her sleep caught her off-guard.

She checked her phone and was awarded by a lesser time of preparation. She sighed.

“Wait here.”

Tiffany stood there watching Hei Ryung go to and fro inside the condo. She chuckled silently when the girl went out of her room drying her hair with the towel while having a sandwich dangling on . She was offered with food but she politely declined it since she thinks that the girl had done so much for her in the least time.

After an amusing sight of a known young businesswoman, they finally reached the car and made their way to the company.

The whole ride was expected to be silent but Hei Ryung’s phone kept on ringing and Tiffany finally understood how busy the former is. She is definitely amazed, yes. Her friend Jessica is totally different if she we’re to mention. She never saw the Ice princess did the same thing, all she heard was the constant whining and babbling about how boring her life is while Hei Ryung seemed to be spending her whole time talking to who knows who. The latter can’t even drive peacefully because of the impending calls.

“Where do you live?” Hei Ryung asked when she finally freed herself from all the calling. They are half-way towards their destination.

“huh?”

“Where do you live?” she repeated.

Tiffany hesitated since she really doesn’t know why she was asked. Thinking that Hei Ryung might just use it to at least get rid of the building tension inside the car, she finally told her the address.

She saw Hei Ryung checking the time and was shocked when the car made a U-turn.

“W-where are we going?” she asked.

“Sending you home.” Hei Ryung said flatly.

Tiffany’s jaw dropped. To be sent home by a rich kid she usually saw on Magazines and TV was definitely a shock.

Hei Ryung sensed the reaction so she took a glimpse at the girl beside her who’s looking at her with mouth agape.

“I don’t want to hear a rumor of leaving a girl behind.” She reasoned. “And I’m not some kind of a ert just like how you accused me.”

Tiffany can only wrinkle her nose because of humiliation and choked herself in her head. She nodded and swallowed the silence between them on their way to her home.

“This is me.” She unbuckled her seatbelt when the girl made a stop right in front of their gate.

“Thank you Hei Ryung.” she smiled genuinely and was awarded by a simple nod.

She bowed down slightly before going out of the car. She watched the car made its way out of the town and heaved a deep sigh. This is the most embarrassing and awkward encounter she had ever experienced. She’s always good at people, but the girl’s approach towards her made her feel somewhat kind of…intimidated.

“Tiff!”

“Fany!”

She braced herself on the impact when she saw the two girls running towards her right after she closed the gate.

“OOmmff!”

“Yah! Where have you been?!” Sunny lightly slapped her arm after breaking the hug.

“I’m supposed to ask you that.” She answered then made their way inside.

“We we’re looking for you. We even asked people who happened to recognize you your whereabouts. We we’re like mothers who lost a child there you know.” Sunny explained. “To hear another shocking revelation from you is the last thing we want to.” Sunny whispered the last sentence but loud enough for the trio to hear when they passed Mr.Hwang who hadn’t slept as well.

“Miyoung-ah”

Tiffany turned her head. The sound of her father’s voice  calling her name made her teary. But she held back herself. She is genuinely happy that after all these years of seeing him alone in his room, he’s finally in front of her.

“Goodmorning Dad.” She smiled at him and gave him a hug.

“Where were you last night?” he asked after breaking the hug. “I was so worried when these two noisy girls suddenly called, asking if you are already home.” He smiled at the grinning duo.

“I’m fine dad.” She obviously avoided the question. “Just go to sleep.”

“Nah, I have work actually.” He proudly grinned.

Tiffany’s eyes widened. And so is Jessica’s and Sunny’s.

“You have?! I mean… Already?! How? As far as I remember, you never go out.”

He smiled.

 “You’re not kidding, are you?”

A shake of the head.

“Oh my Gosh Dad!” She covered with her hand. “Are you sure you’re ready to work again?!”

He smiled. He never thought he neglected his daughter for long because of grieving.

“I am Miyoung-ah. And I will do anything to get back what we lost.”

Tiffany was lost with words, she just squealed and jumped. Happy to hear that her father’s old self is back.

“Now go to your room and let these two sleep. I can see black bags hanging under their eyes.” He snickered then picked up his backpack, ready to go somewhere.

“Wait. Dad?”

“Yes Miyoung?”

“You really are going to work? It’s Sunday”

He smiled. “I have to meet the owner today Miyoung-ah so I can start by Monday.”

She furrowed her brows “What exactly is your work anyway?”

He shrugged. “I just want to start business.”

Tiffany furrowed her brows. “How? You know we lack of resources after years Dad. It’s quite impossible to do so. And my work is not enough to help you. This is not something that we can just--”

“Now now Miyoung-ah. I don’t need a ceremony early in the morning” He taps her shoulder. “I happen to bump into this young tall girl on my way home last night after roaming around the town looking for a certain loud girl.” He chuckled when Tiffany showed him a peace sign. “She was on her way back to her car after buying something in the minimart. I thought she looked familiar so I approached her and asked whether she knows you. ”

“And how does it connect the new work that you’re saying?”

“She suddenly asked about what I do after describing you.”

“Wait.” Tiffany pointed her fingers accusingly to her father. “Did she bargain you to marry her and she’ll help you?”

“What?” he laughed. “That’s ridiculous Miyoung-ah. I will never replace your mother with someone as young as you.”

She nodded her head in understanding “Older then?” she snorted.

He rolled his eyes.

“So you’re going to meet her today?”

He nodded. “I guess I was beyond lucky that night. She happened to recognize my name and your mom’s when I told her. She said she heard about our late company back when she was still young. So I got a help from her.”

She frowned. “That’s fast and is too good to be true.”

He checked his watch.  “I need to go now Miyoung-ah. I don’t want her to wait and change her mind.”

She understood. “Want a ride?”

“No. Not at all. I can manage Honey.” He assured her.

“hmm…Okay. Take care Dad. Bye.”

“Bye. Love you.” He kissed her cheek and waved goodbye to the amazingly silent duo. “Bye girls!”

“Love you too dad.”

“Bye uncle!”

She sighed in relief when her father’s figure faded.

“Wha-----Yah!” she relented when she was dragged inside her room and was pushed harshly on the bed to sit.

“Explain.” Jessica crossed her arms.

“Explain what?”

“Just now.”

“Err…You heard Dad right?”

“No, not that. The car.”

“I left my car here.”

“Exactly. Who drove you back here? Who’s the owner of that black Sedan?”

“Errr…”

“Don’t you lie Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. I saw it in my own eyes. I might look like I was sleeping with wide eyes but I was observing the road all the time. Who is he?”

“Eh?”

“Don’t ‘eh’ us Miyoung.” Sunny sat beside her, popped her chin with her hands and supported her elbow with her knees.

“What’s with the Korean name by the way?” she pouted.

“That means this talk is serious.”

“So the whole talk with you calling me ‘Tiff’ or ‘Fany’ is not serious?”

“Aish.”Jessica stomped her foot. “You’re off the topic Tiff!”

She smiled victoriously. “Now that’s better.”

“So, who is he?” Sunny repeated Jessica’s question.

“…”

“Spill Tiff or you won’t be leaving this house.”

“Now you sound like your dad.”

“Don’t go outside the topic. Spill. Now. N.O.W!”

“Sigh…why are you so riled up anyway” she mumbled. “It’s a she.”

“Who?” Jessica finally sat beside Sunny who is now lying on Tiffany’s bed tilting her head towards the latter.

“Hei Ryung.”

“Ahh.” Both nodded.

After seconds of silence, Jessica’s eyes suddenly widened.

“Who was with you again?”

“Hei Ryung” she calmly repeated.

“Oh my gawd!” The duo exclaimed in unison.

“Wow. I never thought Jessica’s late reaction can be this contagious Sunny-ah.” She chuckled when she noticed Sunny’s late reaction.

“I was processing you know. I haven’t slept since last night. The liquor melted when you’re nowhere to be found.”

“Hei Ryung?” Jessica cut their conversation. “Kim Hei Ryung? The heiress of Kim Enterprises?”

Tiffany laughed at the familiar reaction, “Trust me, I said the same thing when I recognized her face.”

Jessica only shook her head and let out her high-pitched laugh.

“What so funny Jessie?”

“Yeah. Is Kim Hei Ryung funny now?” Sunny agreed.

Jessica laughed even more when she heard the name.

“Now now. I guess she’s insane.” Sunny whispered to Tiffany.

Tiffany nodded. “I guess it’s the lack of sleep. Just let her be.” What happened that morning was never been mentioned by her. She doesn’t want to be a laughing stock at that moment. She pushed Sunny. “Now go to sleep, I don’t want to see you laugh as well with something not funny at all.”

 

 

 

 


 

HELLO MY DEAR BABIES!

does that sound gross?

HAHA.

 

Anyway, I just want to say Hi....so...Hi? heheehe.