The meeting

Show Me

“A glass of tequila, please”

The bartender nodded and proceeded to prepare her drink. She sat there quietly and leaned on the counter trying to relax herself.

It’s been quite a stressful week at work and her nagging father doesn’t help at all. The responsibility is killing her since her brother didn’t take the company over. Everything seemed to be hard lately considering how her father wanted her to make a new design of their product. She’s just thankful that everyone is working hard to help her.

She adjusted her seat and her attention was caught when she heard loud voices not far away from her. Chatting and laughing. It’s quite amazing how their voices seemed to be louder than the beat.

She observed them for a while and felt envy. She hasn’t done that same thing much lately. Having fun with her friends, that is. She made a mental note of herself that she’ll catch up with her friends soon.

“Here’s your drink Hei Ryung-ah.” the bartender called her.

The bartender knows her since she usually goes there when she felt like doing so. Not that she likes the loud music and the sight of people banging their selves on the dance floor, sharing their sweats and whatnot. She just needs a break. When she sometimes feels like silence kills her, she then visits the club.
She smiled and nodded at him then looked at the group of three people. Those who caught her attention a while ago. The other two is facing their back against her so she wasn’t able to see their face. She somehow felt familiar though, but she shrugged it off. She’s not the kind of person who approaches people when she’s not sure who they are.

Her attention is finally fixed on them especially to the laughing girl in front of the two who is smiling widely and is shouting her lungs out while bringing up her glass of drink. A smile graced up her lips when she saw the latter’s eye-smile.

“Contagious.” She mumbled in her drink.

”That her smile is.” The bartender suddenly talked.

She almost spilled her drink.

He chuckled. “I never seen her here last Saturday though.”

She swallowed the drink and looked at him.  “Oh? She’s a regular?”

“Oh no. Not really.” He shifted his gaze and bowed to the costumer who approached the counter.

He attentively listened to the order and even recommends some of their drinks. After finally getting the said costumer decision, he then took two to three bottles and poured it to the other. He then skillfully flip bottles to bottles, throwing it up and catches it mid-air and shakes it with skillfulness while doing some other tricks gracefully. He poured the mixture to a clean glass and was awarded by an amazed smile by the costumer. He bowed then proceeded to talk to her after handing it.

“I get to notice her…errr…last month?” he continued. “Yes, last month. ” he calculated. “She’s always with that other two girls.” he pointed the group by the lips and Hei Ryung followed the gaze. “They are a group of beauties I tell you. One has this bunny cute look, the other one has an icy cold glare but is pretty when she smiles, and the last one is that eye-smiling girl.”

Hei Ryung took a single glimpse at the talking guy. “Checked them out huh?”

He laughed. “Anio! They are just simply eye catchers. It’s quite rare to see a group of pretty girls you know.” He grinned.

She scoffed. “A month you say?”

“Yes. But I haven’t seen them last week. They are usually here every Saturday.”

“Stalker.” She teased.

“Whatever Hei Ryung.” He looked at her. “You should’ve visited a lot more often, you missed the fun here for how long…Half a year maybe?”

“I’ll try Key.” She took a sip of her drink again “Just busy lately. I’ll try to bring Yuri with me next time.”

“Do that. I missed that Kkab Yul actually. And oh wait, who’s that blond cheerful girl you were with again?”

“Huh? Who?”

“That funny girl who even wiped the table when she got drunk? You even called her dancing machine once.”

“Ahh.” She nodded when she remembered and held back a snicker. “Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Yeah! Hyoyeon.” He mumbled the name again and again then looked at Hei Ryung. “Give my regards to her.” He winked.

“Gross, Key. But yeah, I will. Now go back to work!” she playfully shoved him out.

She can only shake her head when she saw him taking orders once again.

Her eyes immediately went back to the group. She admits that the girls smile caught her but that’s pretty much it. It’s just like watching a brand new car. It can get your attention as it ran pass by you, it can make you awe but it all depends on you if you’ll go and grab it. As for her, she just admired it but has no plan in buying it.

Love at first sight? That’s something she strongly is against to. There is no such thing as love at first sight. Crush or admiration maybe, but love?  That’s a quite complicated word which needs time and trust to build up in you. It’s not like she had never fell in love. In fact she has. She is to be exact. But under some circumstances, she end up alone. The percentage of accepting a confession let alone from your best friend is a thin chance. That she had risked. She lost her. For good.

Yes. She’s gay and as much as she hates that majority thinks that her preference is a taboo, somehow she had accepted it and learned to live with rejection. However the world wasn’t completely unfair, she had received loads of confessions as well both from boys and girls. But they are not what she is looking for. They are not her best friend. In her own words, “It’s hard to find a potential boyfriend. How much more a potential girlfriend?”.

Just like any other night she spent in the bar, her eyes will in avertedly roam around. Looking at table to table, couple to couple and then silently observe them. She’s not the kind of person who judges, but because of the usual reason she gets whenever she talks with a stranger, she always learned that they just want to party cause they have nothing better to do.

That reason made her doubt whether the eye-smiling girl has the same perspective. Not that she mind, it curious her that is. It’s just a turn off to see a pretty girl who drowns herself in liquor every Saturday.

She sighed and after a few minutes, she called it a night.

She placed her now empty glass neatly on the counter and was about to place her payment when she felt like using the toilet.

She stood up and made her way to the comfort room. She walked pass those drunk kids. Some were even making out but she doesn’t care. It’s common after all.

She was a step closer to her destination when the corner of her eyes caught a somehow familiar girl running briskly towards the exit that is heading to the back of the bar.

Her curiosity bought her to follow the girl and cursed when she saw that same girl they had been talking about just a minute ago siting on the floor with eyes closed and mouth slightly open.

“Omo.” She hissed.

She immediately approached the girl and pulled her up. She is after all a girl, so she knows what will happen should she leave her behind.

“Can you even walk?” she asked even though she knows that the girl doesn’t understand her.

“Where are your friends?” she balanced the girl’s body by letting her lean on her.

“Hmmm.” The girl only mummed and smiled lightly when she felt comfortable.

She groaned when she realized what she got herself into. To babysit a drunk is the worst thing to do, add there that it’s a stranger.

They had been standing there awkwardly and Hei Ryung waited for two other people who will come and pick this stranger. She wants to send the girl back inside but there are people who might recognize her. She doesn’t want to make a rumor especially now that she’s currently gaining her father’s trust.

After a few minutes of waiting, she finally gave up. There is no sign of the strangers so called friends and she really needs to do her business.

She blindly reached her phone in her pocket while supporting the girl by the waist to call her assistant for help.

“Shoot!”

She cursed when the girl wrapped her arms around her neck and snuggled closer while constantly wobbling. She felt something wet near her neck because of the slightly opened lips pressing against it.

“H-hey!” she reacted when the weight is getting heaver and a faint snore is heard. She then placed her phone between her ear and her shoulder so she can support her with both arms, waiting for her call to be answered.

The pretty girl is mumbling something but she can’t understand anything. Her mind is focusing more on what to say and do should someone happen to see them.

Irritancy filled her body in an instant. Blaming herself why she followed the girl. Now she has to deal with it.

“Yuri!” she literally yelled when the ringing stopped.

“Yes?” Yuri yawned.

“Pick me up! ASAP!”

“Why~~??” she whined.

“Just…aish!” she shifted awkwardly to prevent the drunk girl from slipping down her hold. “Come here will yah! I’m giving you five minutes!” She gave her the address.

“Wha--”

She did not let her assistant finish as she shoved her phone back in her pocket and looked for a thing to let the girl lean on. Her petite body can’t carry too much weight.

A groan escaped when she found nothing but dusty floor. She can’t possibly leave her alone there, can she? She still has conscience and she knows it will bother her forever should bad thing will happen.

She tried her best to carry the girl with her somewhere at the corner but when she made a step forward, the latter’s hold immediately loosened resulting them to fall.

“Ommff!”

They caused a loud bang and Hei Ryung whimpered in pain when her back hit the cold hard surface add the weight on top of her. Double kill.

She rubbed the back of her head then checked the drunken girl on top of her. She sighed.

“So much for a peaceful night huh?”

She rolled her eyes then slightly pushed the girl off her when it suddenly shifted.

“D-don’t.” she heard the girl mumbled and a familiar pair of hands hit her shoulder.

“Hey!” she tried to stop her. But the hitting is getting stronger in each defense she does. “Stop it!” she finally held the girls wrist, and the latter immediately slumped her body on hers.

She was about to shove her away when her eyes caught the deeply furrowed brows and a block of tear at the side of her eyes when she looked down.

“Please d-don’t…Please”

The begging stopped her from fighting against her and curiosity filled her up once again.

“Hey Miss. Wake up.” She nudged the girl and pushed her by the shoulder. “You’re drunk, you need to to go home.”

She was about to sigh in relief when she felt that the body on her relaxed but then had the shock of her life when the girl yanked her hand away and hovered over her with a dazed expression.

Her eyes. She absent mindedly traced the face down to the slightly parted lips.

She gulped. She had never seen a girl this pretty before, plus the red cheeks made her more attractive.

No! What am I thinking? I guess I’m drunk as well…but her lips…

“Who are you?”

“H-huh?” the question shot her back to reality. Her eyes travelled back to the pair of confused drunk eyes.

“Why am I on top of you?” the girl pouted and knit her brows, her eyes are slightly closed now.

“Err…We…” she was about to explain but she inavertedly inhaled when she felt that the girl is leaning closer. Eyes closed. Mouth still slightly parted.

Their nose touched in a split second and for the first time in her life she doesn’t care if she doesn’t know who the girl is. All she wants is to feel that luscious lips displayed just millimeters away from hers.

“Ryung!”

The voice startled her causing their lips to brush slightly.

“Wha---Ohh.” Yuri turned her back.

She immediately pushed the girl to the side, only to see her peacefully sleeping. She groaned.

I was k-ki....kissed by a sleeping girl?!  What the heck?!

“Can you just take this girl off me?!” she shouted at her assistant.

“Nah.” Yuri dismissed her. “Just do your thing, I don’t mind. I’ll be your watch out.”

“Yuri!”

“Oh.” Yuri immediately made her way towards them. She pulled the girl off Hei Ryung and supported her.

Hei Ryung got up as well and fixed her crumpled shirt. She is dusting off her shirt when she felt an eye on her.

“What?”

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.” Yuri shook her head. “I never thought you could be this cheap Hei Ryung. Anyway, I admit that you really know how to pick a dashing innocent looking girl. But you should’ve done what you just did somewhere comfortable. Where she can gawk at you when she’s finally awake…Your room or a five star hotel maybe?”

“What are you talking about?!” she checked her phone and sighed in relief when it didn’t break.

“Making out at the back of the bar? Ryung? That’s too cheap!”

“what do you mean makin---YAH!!” she slapped Yuri’s arm which caused the latter to shift her position since she is holding the girl.

“You’re mistaken. I did not order her out or something, okay? I just happen to bump into her and that’s it!”

“Ohh…And you just happen to kiss her?”

She rolled her eyes “I did not kiss her.” She glared at Yuri then walked inside the bar to do her business then pay for her bills.

Yuri followed suit, limping while carrying the wobbling girl.

She sighed.

“You’re one lucky girl.” She smirked as she remembered the scene she happened to walk into.

"Faster Yuri-ah!" 

"Ah yes yes." she approached the irritated girl who is now on her way out of the bar. "Ah wait." She stopped.

Hei Ryung turned around to face her assistant. "Why?"

"err...Where should we bring her?"

It took Hei Ryung for a while to response right after eyeing the girl in Yuri’s arms. She looked at her then Yuri, back to the girl then to Yuri. She tilted her head and mumbled “My apartment.”