I'll make up for it

Show Me

I know it's long overdue, and no I'm no longer sick. I am just busy with school lately add there the company searching stuff.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you to AnisZulkifli who personally wished me good health.

I can't promise to update regulary considering my busy schedule but I'll do my best. keke~ Love you guys! Mwuah!

 

Here's a short(?) update for you. :)) <3

 


 

The sudden turn of events didn’t exactly amuse Hei Ryung. No not at all. And to think that I was even willing to spend much just to get rid of this.

She looked up upon hearing Tiffany’s usual hand clapping while laughing. What does that long ruler had told her now? A sigh. I shouldn’t have agreed on coming. She shook her head. Why am I acting like this anyway?

The sound of the chair being pulled back and Tiffany standing to leave snapped her thoughts.

"Where is she going?" she eyed Tiffany's direction.

"Comfort room."

"Ohkay" and she's back to her musings.

“Ryung?”

“What?”

Sooyoung frowned. “Snappy aren’t you?”

“What? I mean…what?” She repeated as gently as she can.

“Oh Nothing. You’re just staring at Tiffany like a creep and then there’s that shaking of the head and mumblings that I can’t understand.”

“And you noticed that. How?”

“Hey! I happen to know multitasking. I listen to her and I observe you.”

“Observe." She scoffed.  "I feel violated.”

“Violat---EW! I will never do that! To you? God forbids. NO!” She shook her head. Mumbling spells and incantation just to get rid of the image that is forming inside her head. “Isoprophyl alcohol. Cakes. Umma. Ahboji. Halmeoni.”

"Halmeoni, huh." she laughed.

"Hey! That's an emergency breaker!"

Sooyoung leaned forward after a minute of chanting. She squinted her eyes and made a circular motion of her fingers in front of the frowning Hei Ryung. “What has gotten into you?”

“I should be the one asking that. What has gotten into you?”

“Why? I’m normal.”

“Your normal is not normal.” She snickered when Sooyoung made a fake punch. “Since when did you like girls? Is your line of work made you switch? It’s the hot nurses in their super tight uniform, isn’t it?”

“Now now. Are you interrogating me?” she smirked.

“Nope. Just curious.”

“Hmm…” she cocked her head, observing her.  She has never told anyone and she was never open about it. Not now, at least. So to see Hei Ryung acting all normal about it since their last meeting made her feel at ease. “I’ve been liking girls since I care to remember. And no it’s not about my work, but you can say that my nurses are really y. Gasp! Those hip. Gosh, I’m so glad someone invented tight shirts and skirts.” She sighed and looked up. Images of them came into view.

Hei Ryung laughed at the dreamy eyes of her friend. “Now this is just you being a ert.”

“I am not!”

“Yes you are!”

“erts people!”

“You’re close to being one.”

“What…” Sooyoung frowned in confusion. “I don’t .”

“So going all touchy feely to Miss Hwang isn’t?”

“Gosh Ryung. Caressing and groping are two different things!”

She rolled her eyes. Caress my .

“Why are you suddenly bringing her up to this anyway?”

She shrugged, maintaining her cool. “You practically want me to vomit with your itchy hand and your overused flowery words.”

“She laughs at it.”

“Exactly! She laughs because I think she finds your words funny. Instead of catchy.”

“Ahh…” Sooyoung crossed her arms and bobbed her head up and down.

“What now?”

“You’re jealous.”

She was about to answer when she realized that it’s not a question. It’s a statement.

Sooyoung mockingly and teasingly raised her brows. Complete with a smirk Hei Ryung wished she can wipe off with her shoes.

She scoffed. “Ha! You wish!” she said albeit too loud. Then cleared .

“Defensive.” Sooyoung mumbled.

Just then, Tiffany came back into view all excited. She’s even jumping in her place like a kid who just received a candy.

“What took you so long and…What’s up with you?” Hei Ryung had to ask. Sooyoung probably is too busy admiring Tiffany’s cute act to ask. Cute? No. Definitely not.

Tiffany squealed and made a dash sit at the empty chair beside her.

She literally jumped in her seat when Tiffany pulled the chair closer to hers and looked at her with wide smile and excited eyes. She swear she can even count the number of eyelashes Tiffany has.
“Ryung-ah~~”

She shook her head. And no she doesn’t know how many times she has done that today. “What now?” she maintained her flat expression.

“I saw a cute couple wearing cute couple shirts and their cute little baby with his cute shirt as well!” An excited squeal. “I talked to them and they said that there is that new store that personally designs for that.” She grabbed Hei Ryung’s arm while jumping in her seat. “I want one~”

Hei Ryung almost choked in her saliva. “You what?!”

“I want couple shirts and baby shirts!” Tiffany doesn’t know why she’s acting like this but the sight just made her want to have one as well. Is it the genes? Maybe. But she doesn’t care. She wants to have one so she must have one.

“Let’s go buy you one then” Sooyoung suggested.

“No.” Hei Ryung didn’t miss the change of Tiffany’s expression. She awkwardly pulled her arm free from Tiffany’s hold.

“But…”

“You forgot your situation Miss Hwang.”

The sudden reminder made her sulk. “So? I’m not allowed to have those as well?”

Hei Ryung almost want to tell her that she doesn’t have a partner, thus, wearing couple shirts is impossible. But she can’t do that, can she? “Let’s just shop for baby stuff.” She coaxed.

“So I can never wear like those?”

Tiffany’s dejected and sad look made Hei Ryung’s conscience slap her to death. “No! I mean, of course you can. Not now at least.”

“When? When I’m old and wrinkly?”

“No. Soon. When the right time comes.”

“But I want it now!”

Sooyoung leaned in her seat as the two continued to bicker. Not three months into it and they already argue like this? She sighed. I stand no chance. Hmmm…I guess I have to find someone who can bicker with me then. She snickered at the thought of girl hunting. Must be exciting.

“You’re single! How are you supposed to wear a couple shirt?! Wear both?!” Hei Ryung exclaimed.

The bomb has finally released. Gone is the fantasy Tiffany made. Crushed is her dream.

Sooyoung sat up straight as soon as she heard it, complete with wide eyes staring at Hei Ryung, silently scolding her.

Tiffany's breath hitched. Her shocked expression started to turn into a frown. She pulled the seat back, stood up, glared down at her and said “I hate you.” Then stomped her way out.

“Wha---”

“Pregnants are sensitive buddy." Sooyoung cut her "Go and do it. They have the tendency to be so dramatic. That’s not good for her and the baby.”

She knows Sooyoung’s being serious right now so she just nodded her head. Immediately got her wallet and shoved bills in the table.

She was about to get up when she saw Sooyoung calling the waiter for the bill.

“What about you?”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung looked up to her. “What about me?”

“You don’t want to come with us? It’s Tiffany you know.” She was overexcited about being with Tiffany hours ago so to actually see her sitting calmly made her ask.

“Nah…I feel like going into girl hunting after work today.” She snickered. “Recommend me someone who you think is good for me. I prefer someone shorter than me. And cute and has big…” she motioned on her chest.

She had to laugh. “Silly.”

“Now run along!”

She saluted and dashed towards the exit. Hoping that Tiffany hasn’t gone too far.

 

***

 

Tiffany had been sulking as she wait for a taxi. She just want to experience wearing it with and without a baby. She has never wore one since the day she was born. I would’ve worn a lot of those if only I wasn’t so caught up with my little pact.

She frowned and extended her hand when she saw a cab coming on her way. It stopped right in front of her. She opened that car door and was close to sitting when a hand grabbed hers and pulled her back.

“Yah!” she was about to scold whoever caused her to almost lost her balance only to see a huffing Hei Ryung.

“Why did…you run?!” Hei Ryung asked. Still trying to catch her breath.

"..."

Silence.

“Hey Miss, are you coming or not?” The driver asked when they seem to be not moving.

“She’s not. Thanks Ahjussi.” Hei Ryung said then closed the car door and faced her back. “You made me run, you know that?”

Tiffany almost want to say sorry after seeing the surprisingly cute sight of out of breath Hei Ryung. But their last conversation hit her so she glared at her and stepped on Hei Ryung’s foot. “I still hate you!” and ran.

“OW! Ow! Shi---” she almost cursed as she jump on her other foot while trying to hold her swollen one. They caught the people’s attention so she bowed at them and ran again to catch Tiffany, gritting her teeth to swallow the hurt of her poor foot. She’s grateful that Tiffany’s not wearing heels, it must have hurt twice.

“Yah! Don’t run! Do you want to hurt your baby?!” she yelled and mumbled apologies to people who she bumps.

Tiffany slowed down her pace and just settled to walking fast. She hates it when she’s right.

Hei Ryung exhaled in relief when she saw it. Glad that she can now easily catch her. She ran faster, not caring who she bumps this time then caught Tiffany by the wrist.

Tiffany stopped but didn’t even bother to turn her head. She looked anywhere but Hei Ryung. She’s still upset so she just sulked.

“Don’t be so childish.”

Tiffany gave her a split second glare then turn back to sulking.

“I’m sorry.” Hei Ryung stood in front of her and gently squeezed the wrist she's holding. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say it like that. That was so insensitive of me. I should’ve understand you.” She breathed when Tiffany’s frown is almost gone. She smiled and bent down to look at the girl straight to the eyes.

“Sorry?” She coaxed but Tiffany averted her eyes, so she leveled her face to where she is looking again. “Forgive me? Please?”

Tiffany tried her best not to look at Hei Ryung but the girl is so persistent. When she bows down, she follows. When she looks up, she straightens. When she looks at the other side, she bends sideways. "Yah!" She had to laugh.

Hei Ryung grinned. “Finally. So I’m forgiven?”

“Yes.”

“That’s a relief." she let go of the girl's wrist. "Let’s go get the car back. You made me exercise at broad daylight and in a public place. Lunch time, even.”

They started walking.

“I still hate you though.” Tiffany said after a moment of silence.

The statement made her stop. “Wha--” But Tiffany keeps on walking so she followed her again. “Why?!”

“I will never stop hating you until I get to wear something like those. You crashed my dreams right in front of my face Kim Hei Ryung.” She said, suddenly reminded again. She walked straight, not daring to look at her.

“But…but that was…”

“True. Yes, that is true.” She continued and corrected her sentence. “Still, you should’ve just let me buy it then crash me afterwards.”

Hei Ryung couldn’t help but feel bad. “I’m sorry.” She tilted her head to look at her but Tiffany’s looking straight ahead, face expressionless. “I’ll make it up to you.”

“…”

She scratched her neck when she got no response. “I’m going to buy every couple or family shirt that you like.”

“No need. I don’t need your sympathy. I had enough of it.”

“But I…” she can’t finish her sentence and followed her meekly. She silently stole glances at the silent woman beside her. I never…and take note…never act like this before.

“Let’s just go home.” Tiffany said when they almost reached the car.

She stopped and decided to say what she is thinking. She hates to admit it but she doesn't like the frown, glare and sad face that she is seeing and receiving. “It’s not about sympathy Miss Hwang.”

Tiffany stopped as well and turned to look at her.

“It’s about the experience and happiness of fulfilling a dream. I know I ruined it so let me make it up for it?”

Tiffany sighed. “But you are right. It’s useless. It won’t be a couple shirt nor will it be a family shirt because I don’t have a boyfriend…or a husband. It's incomplete. I'm incomplete.” her voice faded at the last part.

Hei Ryung sighed. She then breathed in every possible air that she can inhale and stood straight. Face fully determined. “I’ll be your boyfriend slash husband for the day then.”

“What?!” Tiffany’s head snapped. Shocked at the ridiculous statement. Her? Boyfriend? What?! She remembered that she doesn’t swing the other way but she’s surprisingly fine with Hei Ryung. Yes. I mean, I'm fine with that idea. Not dating her. Right. I’m straight.

“Oh well, I know I’m a girl but let me play that role for today…and just today.” She pointed her finger to the staring Tiffany.

“…”

She gulped when she got no response. I shouldn’t have said that. She might think that I’m hitting on her. Miss Hwang's straight for heaven’s sake!

“…”

“Or we can buy it and then we asked a guy to wear it with---”

“YES!”

She raised her brows at the enthusiastic reply. She likes that idea? Really?! Wearing it with a stranger?!

Tiffany blushed after observing Hei Ryung. Was I too excited?

Hei Ryung cleared . “Err…okay. Let’s go buy those shirts and ask for a guy manager. I’ll ask him to take two or three pictures with you then---”

“No!”

She raised her brows. “What now? You just said yes!”

“Yes to you playing husband." She grinned and clung to her. "So, that means you get to wear the other shirt! YES!” she exclaimed, smiled widely with her eyes forming into a crescent and excitedly dragged her towards the waiting car.

Hei Ryung can only follow the drag without a chance to recover. I have a feeling that I’m going to regret this. She started the engine as soon as they settled inside.

Tiffany clapped her hands. Her mood had considerably reached its highest peak. She squealed at the thought of buying pink shirts for themselves. Or with their names written or any cliché cheesy lines she read along with an arrow pointing at each other. Or maybe a heart at the center will complete it. She snickered. Couple shirt!

Hei Ryung glimpsed at the snickering-herself Tiffany. She's creepy.

Tiffany raised her fist high.

“Step on it Hubby!”