The Rival

The Rocker And The Actress Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve

“You sure you’ll be alright?”, Yong Hwa asked Shin Hye in a worried tone.

They are being carried inside by the heavily tinted CNBLUE van heading to the Incheon Airport. It is the day Shin Hye will be flying to LA for the scheduled Heirs shooting, alongside her leading man Lee Min Ho, the other casts such as Kang Min Hyuk, Choi Jin Hyuk, Yoo Rachel (dont know her real name), and the rest of the Drama crews and staffs.

“Yah! I know you always go to the States, but I still can manage!”, Shin Hye fussed, pouting her pink lips to infinity while side eyeing Yong Hwa. “Do you see me little like that? Na baboo~yah? (Am I stupid?)”

Although, joking, part of her feels the irritation rubbing against her nerves. She isn’t a USA body, but she sure isn’t as stupid as he thinks. She sighed big upon the possibility that he might be belittling her. So her side eye became a glare.

Yong Hwa rashly felt the tension pouring one pound by pound inside the Van. With just a glance at her face, he already knows the intensity of his words earlier. So without any ado, he immediately uttered words to take those earlier back.

“Ehhh~ I didn’t mean it like that. It is just that … I …I am just worried…and …”

Suddenly … “He will miss you real hard, noona! That’s what he’s trying to say.”

Min hyuk leaned out his small head forward to be lined up with the seats in front of his seat. Protruding far up, he slit his face with a smile and winked at her favorite Noona. He was all laughing sheepishly with the awkwardness of the two after the word and glare battle, and the panicky reaction from his Hyung.

Somehow, he really enjoys those.

“Is it true Min Hyuk~ah?”, Shin Hye asked her dongsaeng at the back of her seat, kidding as she turned her body sideways to face Min Hyuk, definitely ignoring her boyfriend who felt all so embarrassed after being blocked straight by his dongsaeng.

She finally reduced the irritation she felt down to the floor level after MH somewhat save the situation from getting worse. She is now ok, as in ready to start her almost always teasing session with her jealous boyfriend.

“Neh Noona, he even practiced what he should say to you, accordingly…”, he put up high his two arms and did a Peace sign, quoting Yong Hwa’s statement earlier… “Sweet but not entirely sweet, assuring but not possessive, loving but has to be … cool,”, he continued, attempting to mimic how Jung Yong Hwa exactly did it.

He winked at his noona and got an immediate response when Shin Hye rose up his hand for a big Five. He smiled cutely at her, triumphant.

“Hahaha, Min Hyuk~ah, tell my beloved boyfriend that I need to hear that from him.”, she initiated the plot. She couldn’t hide the pleasure his chodingness bring about every time they are together. Whether he knows it or not, she is explicitly happy with everything that he does, the dorkiness, the jokes and the fails.

Min Hyuk almost all ready to roar out his laughter at how she is able to tame one of those few people he respects and look up to. He couldn’t do things but give applause at the unique power of his sister-in-law. And the power of love. So not daring to take a glance at him that might change his mind and back out, he hid up his face with the FNC magazine and proceeded on asking Yong Hwa…out loud.

“Hyung! Noona wants to hear it!”, said by him in a serious tone, nervous but laughing. Everyone could hear his silent chuckles under his breath, roughly bursting out.

Shin Hye and Min Hyuk silenced.

Anticipating.

~~

Yong Hwa couldn’t imagine the humiliation he is in right now after his dongsaeng basically betrayed him. He feels the embarrassment and the impending state of him as his girlfriend’s laughing stock. Again. Although he is not a bit angered by the fact the he can and is able to put not just a smile but laughter on her pretty fresh face. That is more than enough for him, and is almost his habit of doing so, since forever, until forever. He can be her joker forever, he won’t be exhausted, nor will he tire at all.

But today is a bit crooked. Yes, he made her smile, but with an accomplice. And worse, his dongsaeng Min Hyuk, the one he taught about who he should look upon and who he should respect.

And the one who undeniably favors her more, more than he does to him.

And worse, Min Hyuk is her favorite. Damn!

“Just wait Min Hyuk, after you come back from LA, I am really going to kick some sense to you!”, he made a mental note to that, making sure he will never forget it. He massaged the temple side which he felt the pain struck.

“I am waiting!”. Shin Hye petitioned, crossing her arms, looking up the car’s ceiling, postured as if she really is waiting.

Yong Hwa sighed. He doesn’t remember what he practiced.

“Or maybe he is planning to say it to Eun Hye eunnie?”, she proceeded in teasing. She ducked up her cute face, grimacing and frowning, acting really jealous.

Yong Hwa’s eyebrows connected instantly at her words. “Bwah? Why her?”, he asked unknowingly. Still focused on remembering what he actually practiced that night.

He only remembered the small phrases “take care” “don’t go out alone” “eat In&Out Burger”, but sentences, he couldn’t. He has been so confident early this morning, even dry ran it with the betrayer of his honor, Min Hyuk.

“Oh Min hyuk, he might help me!”, he thought, side eyeing him as strong as possible, trying hard to catch his attention which is still in that FNC magazine.

“Or maybe you are planning to say it to ...Seo Hyunie?”, she stated, emphasizing the girl's name with her a smirk and a glare and a cute pout and an... irritation somewhere.

Yong Hwa suddenly jerked out when he heard he words. He couldn’t contemplate how he fastly changed his facial expression. He doesn’t know but the mere name of that girl undoubtly increased the pressure of his insides, making him feel some brushing of his nerves inside and the undeniable disgust, so, without ant stop and all, suddenly... .... frowningly said.

“Call me every now and then or I will make Min Hyuk report to me every minute, Understand??”

“I don’t want you smiling, laughing or even talking to any boys in the set except for Min Hyuk or anyone I approve of or I will hung Min hyuk’s head if I see in BTS that you do so. Do you get me??”

“I want you to keep yourself safe and secured because if I hear that you are hurt and got any scratch then I will assure to you that Min Hyuk will pay endlessly. Got it?”


“I am going to miss you, that is a definite but always remember that I am by your side, supporting you for all that you want.”

“And finally I love you! That is all.”

Yong Hwa blurted out, non-stop, even he didn’t dare to breath an oxygen for the fear that he might just stop right there and will not finish the things he wanted and needed to be said. He couldn’t believe how and where from his brain did he dig all those words he just threw out. All he knows is that when Shin Hye mentioned Seo Hyun’s name, he felt that somehow, Shin Hye d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter