Labyrinth

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two silhouettes plodded through the light coating of snow over the suffocating gravel as they both spoke not a single word until Sehun stopped in front of a café and walked in. Jongin was uneasy, his smile wavering slightly as though a candlelight left to struggle against the threat of wind and water combined. He was unsure of what he would have to tell Sehun, and most of all, he was worried about how he would accept his words – he was never a good speaker, and yet he was about to try his best for the first time in his many years of solitude. He seemed to be a better man, but in his heart he knew Sehun’s situation well because they were the same, or at least he thought so. Sehun had his own walls, his own protection but he knew very well that these would crumble and disintegrate somewhere along the way as he finds too much things pushing against it from different directions and that would be when he needed an outlet – exactly what Jongin wanted to be for him. They only met once, and never did proper introductions yet he knew that Sehun was someone special from the way he seemed so indifferent and yet talented on the very first day. It could’ve been the hackneyed category of love at first sight; a little too cheesy for him to think of without cringing as he returned from his muddled thoughts and sat down in the corner facing Sehun. He watched as Sehun picked up the menu silently and waited for him to make his decision. After he spoke briefly to the waiter, he returned the menu to its original position and crossed his arm together as he leant back into the chair and looked into his eyes, a little frown forming as though knitted on his milky skin.

“So. Tell me who you are and what you want.” Sehun’s voice was ice cold with a smooth metallic finish – he was not happy and definitely had his guards up. Jongin stared at the table for a few moments before shuffling in his seat.

“You’re like me when I was younger. Aloof because you’re afraid to be hurt… Aren’t you?”

“What does that mean to you.”

“I want to help. Because you’re special.”

Sehun picked up his cup of latte from the tabletop as he almost slipped, his fingers and quick reflexes put into action. Special? Aloof because of fear – these were things Sehun had held close to him since years ago since Rei took his departure. He recalled the times when he felt assured by the empty words and promises which Rei had brought to him despite his tinted soul. He remembered the moments where he wondered if everything had been too good to be true, the times when he felt like everything was surreal and he did not deserve it; yet Rei was the one who acted as his anchor and kept him in place in the vast seas. He was afloat aimlessly, and he anchored him down with stability and trust – yet they always say that the anchors can either allow you to find your place, or drown you out at sea. In this case Sehun got a taste of both options for he was left to drown within the sounds of a plane departure after the few months of paradise. He stared back at Jongin’s earnest look which overruled his tired overalls. Jongin seemed tired, perhaps just as tired as he was, yet he was able to keep a relatively positive composition.

“What do you know.” Sehun looked out of the window and kept his eyes on the blurry reflection of Jongin cast on the glass panels.

“I’m pretty sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter