24 Hours

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun opened his eyes to the sunlight streaming in from the drawn blinds. He turned back to watch Jongin sleep as he rubbed his eyes wearily. It would be his surgery in 24 hours exactly as he glanced at the clock. Sighing, he scratched his head a little as he walked towards the kitchen in hope to find something he could cook for him. He wished to make this day especially good, something that would hopefully lift his spirits and take his mind off his worries before the surgery – he needed to be positive about it for it to be successful. Opening the refrigerator, he found nothing but cans of drinks and the occasional appearance of fruits. It wasn’t surprising as he opened the cabinets to find his everlasting stock of instant ramen. Turning back to glance at Jongin, he made a decision as he wiped his hands and left the house. He walked out onto the streets, glancing about to see if he could find any convenience store or any place where he could easily get fresh ingredients. Eyeing the market further down the road, he walked in that direction swiftly as he smiled a little, remembering how adorable Jongin looked as he slept. Perhaps abstaining from dancing was a good idea, given that his back hadn’t acted up since the last time he winced in pain. It seemed like his plan had worked, his presence a great distraction to Jongin yet he really wondered if he had never once wished to return to the dance studio. He knew how important dance was to him, and he really wanted him to be able to go back to dance. Soon it would happen, he guessed. Stopping in front of the market he tilted his head a little as he thought about what he needed before walking over to the right stalls and purchasing his items with a smile.

He returned to the apartment to see Jongin still in deep slumber, his arms strung over the sofa. Chuckling a little, he carefully brought the plastic bags to the kitchen as he carefully cleared the items out of the bags and folded them quietly, pressing them beneath a cup. He proceeded to wash the items carefully as he began cooking while glancing back to check on Jongin once in awhile, afraid that his back might act up again. Quietly, he stood before the pot of porridge as he poked at it with a ladle as he turned back to watch Jongin who had begun to turn a little as he rubbed his eyes and got up slowly and sat there silently for a few moments before getting up to see Sehun.

“Mornings.” Sehun muttered as he turned to take note of the time for the porridge and turned the fire off as Jongin trudged over and landed his arm around his shoulder. He got up and watched as Sehun carefully moved over to get a cloth to bring the pot to the table as he placed it on a wooden plate and left it on the table. Jongin walked over to the room to wash up as Sehun washed the bowls. He was hoping that the food would be alright as he hadn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter