Fall

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: its a sad chapter so I'M SORRY THE NEXT FEW MIGHT BE A BIT DOWN BUT ITSOKAY YOU WILL STILL GET FLUFF I PROMISE <3

Jongin awoke to a sharp pain in his back along with the sound of traffic down on the busy morning roads. He groaned a little as he shifted slightly while being sure that he wouldn’t wake Sehun up. He winced as the pain shot up his back with every move he took – it must’ve been something wrong with his posture as he woke up. He sighed and leant backwards while slapping his forehead with his hand. Biting his lips, he frowned as he tried to bear with it but it seemed futile. He carefully cupped Sehun’s head with his hands and lay him down carefully on the cushion as he got up and left to get back to his unit to get his painkillers. Supporting himself against the cold walls, he limped towards the lift and pressed the buttons with difficulty. Leaning against the wall while waiting for the lift to arrive, he breathed heavily as he closed his eyes tightly. He had to get back before Sehun awoke lest he let him worry, yet he was honestly in pain. Sweat trickled down his temples as he entered the lift and slumped against the wall. Fumbling to get his keys, he pushed the door open and fell to the ground, his arms supporting himself against the table. He leant back to shut the door as he pulled himself across the room and reached for the painkillers on the sofa, his arms barely touching it. He growled with frustration as he slammed the leather cushions in anger as the can of painkillers rolled slightly over for him to retrieve them. Still breathing heavily, he felt himself shivering from the pain as he opened the container with trembling hands and spilled some of the pills out on the carpet as he tried to get his usual dosage. He swallowed the pills with difficulty without water as he leant against the sofa, his arms spread on both sides of the sofa. He relaxed as the pain subsided slowly. It was getting worse, he could feel it as the pain came in increasing intensities everytime they struck. It seemed as though surgery was inevitable – as this thought flashed through his mind, he imagined being banned from the dance studio for months, the thought of not being able to move along with the music; it hurt him more than anything else. Picking up the remote on the table he threw it across the room in anger as he felt his eyes getting watery – perhaps there was no use escaping it. Sighing, he sniffed and wiped his tears with his sleeve as he got up slowly and trudged back downstairs to Sehun’s unit. Once he reached the doorstep, Sehun swang the door open slightly flustered as he saw Jongin.

“There you are…I was searching for you,” Sehun muttered as he panted slightly before noticing the creases on Jongin’s forehead, “Are you okay? Did something happen? Is it your back?” Jongin sighed a little as he nodded and motioned for Sehun to let him in. Sehun held his arm carefully and helped him to the sofa as they sat down.

“It started hurting earlier; Its getting worse, close to unbearable.” Jongin spoke softly with his eyes fixed on the floor in front of him, “I think I’ll need surgery soon or it’ll get even worse.”

Sehun clenched his fists; he knew what surgery meant, and knew how much it would affect Jongin. He shot glares at the distance as he felt himself choking up. Placing his hand on Jongin’s trembling hand, he pat it softly.

“Its alright. Go for it and get well…then you can dance freely from then on.” Sehun spoke while choking up, his voice cracking at some points.

“But honestly, I’m afraid. It’s a major operation and what if something goes wrong…” Jongin sighed and brought his legs to his chest as he curled up into a ball and hugged his legs tightly, “If something goes wrong I might just be paralyzed for the rest of my life or if not my back might get more unstable and I’ll pretty definitely have to stop dancing.”

Sehun sighed, at this moment he knew that nothing he said would be able to assuage the situation; nothing he did would too. He tried his best to stay strong, and be a pillar of support for Jongin. He watched as tears welled up in Jongin’s eyes as he could not hold it in further. It was tiring, and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter