Obligations

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It did?” Jongin smiled weakly as he tried to get up but Sehun hurriedly moved over to stop him.

“You just had surgery on your back and you want to strain it again? Not happening.” Sehun teased as he helped Jongin pull his blanket up as he leant over, his arm propped up by the frame of the hospital bed as he leant downwards and landed a soft kiss on his forehead. Jongin smiled at this despite his giddiness as he chuckled, “Damn why not on the lips.”

“Not now not now. You’re a patient. By the way how are you feeling?” Sehun smiled as he held onto Jongin’s hand.

“Fine. Mostly groggy and dizzy though. Back feels sore but I think that’s normal and that’s supposed to happen so I’m not going to worry. Afterall it got cut up.” Jongin chuckled as he pat Sehun’s head, Told Yixing yet?” To which Sehun shook his head. Jongin hurried Sehun to tell him as he lay back down on his pillow, tired. If he had to be honest, his head was in a mess. The thought that the surgery had been a success so far meant that he could soon be free to dance, yet this freedom would only make its appearance in six months. He knew himself too well, and he knew for sure that he’d have problems waiting till then. Perhaps for this period he’d be overly reliant on Sehun. Sighing, he placed his hand over his head as he stared at the light on the ceiling, the glare bothering his eyes slightly. He turned over to watch Sehun leave the room with his phone as he smiled before closing the door. Perhaps he would become a burden in the course of the next few weeks.

Jongin awoke later that day as he peered out of the blinds to see darkness. He had fallen asleep since Sehun left the room to call Yixing; he glanced across the room to see Sehun lying on the sofa below the blinds, his arms hugging himself tightly as he frowned in his sleep. Jongin hated the fact that he couldn’t get up from the bed, hating the immobility. It was close to suffocating him as he had many things he wished to do in that moment – get up, go over to Sehun, give him a blanket, keep him warm, accompany him, speak to him, thank him, apologise for how he had become nothing but a burden, tell him he didn’t have to do this, tell him he could leave because it would only get harder on him, tell him that maybe he wasn’t worthy of his care. Frowning, Jongin turned back to the other side of the bed as he rememebered not to move his back too much lest the injury got aggravated. He knew he was still weak at this moment, and being impatient would bring him nowhere but down. He had to try to swallow his frustrations, yet the sight of Sehun putting himself under such uncomfortable conditions bothered him. He knew Sehun deserved better, his personality more beautiful than anyone else’s – a result of spending close to a year with him. He knew he did, and he wished he knew.

“Jongin? You’re awake.” Sehun opened his eyes softly as he pushed himself off the sofa and walked over to the bed, sitting on the chair beside it, “I called Yixing earlier. He’ll come over after his lessons end.” Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter