Blueberries

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun awoke to the soft twinkling of his phone’s notification system as he peered over to the table. He sighed and bent forward lightly so as not to awaken Jongin who had fallen asleep on his lap again, curling up into a ball. Staring at the brightly lit screen, he frowned and clenched the phone tightly to the point that it almost crumbled, yet he knew better.

Rei: “Could we meet up for awhile?” Sehun hesitated for a few moments as he watched Jongin sleep peacefully, his forehead devoid of the familiar creases.

“Sure.” Carefully propping Jongin’s head up with a cushion, he knelt beside Jongin and landed a soft kiss on his forehead before sighing and pushing himself back up to his feet. Pulling his button up shirt on, he left the unit and closed the door softly as he peered over at Jongin. Rei had asked to meet him, or rather Yifan had asked to meet near the dance studio – he had found his way around the area in the few days he had spent before he bumped into them. It seemed as though he had been fervently searching for Jongin and he came in as an unpleasant bonus. Fitting his hands into his pockets, he walked slowly in the cold as he spotted the familiar tall and slender figure leaning against the lamppost by the empty roads. Trudging over, he got reminded of the times they used to meet every night outside his house where they would leave in high spirits towards a café or a night market – those were the days, and they were nothing but foolish innocence.

“What do you have to say.” Sehun stopped in front of him and stared at the ground while muttering.

“You’re here.” Yifan said as he hurriedly got up and pulled his cap off. Staring at the familiar yet foreign soul standing before him, he tilted his head and looked at him with eyes of dejection and regret, “First things first, I’m sorry for what happened that year.” Sehun felt his muscles jolt for a split second when the memories of running through the airport rose in his head.

“Forget it.” Sehun hissed as he kept his eyes fixated on the ground.

“I’m really sorry. I meant to apologise whenever I could but.” Yifan moved forward to which Sehun stepped away from, “I just couldn’t.” Sehun turned away for a few moments. It was odd how his feelings were nothing but pure anger and disappointment, the kind of excruciating and burning anger that seemed to be enough to send a knife through this man’s heart. He felt no more endearment, neither was there any trace of forgiveness. Even if he found out that leaving was not part of his plans, and it had been something he had been forced into, forgiveness was too far fetched. It wasn’t something Sehun could do – yet another part of him urged him to accept it. He plummeted into another pit of befuddled thoughts as Yifan came closer and reached out for his shoulder as he hurriedly blocked it and pushed his arm away with all of his force, coming across as terribly cold.

“I’m sorry.” Yifan sighed, his voice a mere whimper, “ But its really nice, seeing you and Jongin. He’s a great person.” Sehun simply nodded as Yifan let out a little sigh.

“I’ve said what I wanted to, its all my apologies. I’ll be leaving for Canada again tomorrow morning first thing so, you won’t see me again fortunately.” Yifan scratched the back of his head as he spoke with intended pauses. Sehun nodded curtly and hesitated before turning to look at him, no longer avoiding eye contact. Perhaps it had been the eye contact which shocked Yifan the most for he stumbled backwards a little – it had been too different from what he had seen before. He still recalled the last time he spent time with Sehun, the time when his eyes spoke of nothing but familiarity and warmth, yet know he was able to look at him with anger, pure coldness – fire and ice at the same time. Yifan sighed and placed his snapback back on his head gently and turned to leave.

“Have a safe flight.” Sehun clenche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter