Ch. 3

Unexpected Feelings

 That night I was waiting for Hoya to pick me up. It was past 8 already.

“Since when are guys fashionably late?” I thought, rubbing my head.

As I turned to go back inside, a car pulled up to my house and out came Hoya with two friends in tow, Dongwoo and L.

“Sorry I’m late. These two wouldn’t leave so I thought it would be ok to bring them along since they said they’re going to meet someone at the same place we’re going.” He said.

“It’s cool, I guess.” I said as he opened the car door for me to get in.

The ride there was completely awkward and silent. The music couldn’t even draw out the silence. I could feel Dongwoo and L’s eyes pouring into the back of my head.

“So, where is it we are going exactly?” I said trying to break the silence.

“We’re going to the graveyard,” said L, looking at me seriously. My expression faltering.

“No we’re not. Don’t listen to him. We’re going to this new restaurant downtown.” Hoya said, showing me his smile.

“Oh ok.” I guess that’s all the conversation I’m going to get out of these weirdos.

The rest of the way there all I heard was how cool some new video game is, how Dongwoo’s girlfriends’ parents found out that they were dating, and how L almost set his dads favorite plant on fire.

Finally we made it to the restaurant. I couldn’t help but feel relieved to finally be out of the car. I thought I was going to suffocate.

As soon as we got in the restaurant, Hoya was pushing Dongwoo and L in the other direction, signaling for them to leave us.

“I’m sorry you had to deal with them in the car.” Hoya said as we made our way to our table.

The waitress brought us our menus and took our drink orders. It was back to silence again.

I heard laughing from somewhere behind us and found my friends exiting a table nearby. I quickly ducked my head under the menu, hoping they didn’t see me.

“Oh hey. Look who we’ve found here.” Jessica said, taking the menu from my hands. “Well it looks like I’m disturbing the fun. Better leave you two before it gets anymore awkward.”

I swear I’m going to get her for this. Literally what have I gotten myself into? I face palmed myself.