Ch. 12

Unexpected Feelings

As mom finished cooking dinner, Hoya and I helped her set the food on the table.

Afterwards, everyone gathered at the table and started talking about how their day was, how work was, and asking Yoongi (who’s insisting we call him Suga) and Jin how BTS University is.

“Come on, dad. Why can’t we? I mean it sounds so much better than Min Yoongi. Say it with me Min Suga. You see how that sounds better.”

“Son, I don’t want to hear it anymore. We’re not changing your name. End of story.”

“Fine whatever, you just don’t believe in my swagness.” Yoongi said, as dad rolled his eyes at him, “So sis, what happened to your boyfriend? Why isn’t he here?” said Yoongi.

My spoon literally froze in the air before I dropped it onto the plate.

“Sorry.” I said to no one in particular,

“Hyung. Hoya is her boyfriend.” Sehun answered for me.

“I’m going to go outside and get some air, mom.” I said as I left the dining room table.

“Did I say something wrong?” I heard Yoongi say before I closed the door.

I guess Yoongi is so busy, he can’t pay attention to the letters I sent him months ago. I know he didn’t intentionally bring up that topic but it just brought back what I wanted to forget.

I heard the door open, and the seat next to me on the swing be replaced by a warm body. I didn’t even have to look up to see who it was. He put his arm over my shoulders.

“I’m sorry for leaving you in there with them like that,” I said.

“It’s okay. I understand but if you want to talk about it I’m here.” Hoya said.

I laid my head on his shoulder and held his hand.

I spoke without thinking and said, “This hand feels so much better than the old one.”

I closed my eyes and let out a silent tear.