Ch. 14

Unexpected Feelings

“Finally, another female body, besides my mom, is in the house. I thought I was going to die with all these males here!” I said, as soon as Sunny walked into the door.

“Haha. I feel loved. Hoya this is for you. Don’t open it yet.” She said as she pulled out a Christmas wrapped present from her purse. “Now you and I need to have a talk. Let’s go.” She pulled me towards my room.

“Make it quick, girls, dinner is almost ready.” Mom shouted to us.

“I have so much to tell you!! So yesterday my parents and I went to have dinner with Minhyuk and his parents. You won’t believe what happened!!” she started.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Well, he asked me to marry him and I told him yes!! It seems like my parents knew this whole time he was going to ask. Both parents had the biggest smiles on their faces.” She said, pulling out the ring from her pocket to put onto her ring finger.

“Congratulations!! Oh my gosh this means your engaged now!!? I’m so happy for you.” I said, giving her a hug and staring at her ring.

“I can’t believe it, either. Feels like a dream.” Her eyes were sparkling, like how you would see a Disney Princesses eyes sparkle when they realized they’ve found their Prince. “So. Did you die when you saw Hoya’s makeover?”

“You knew about that and didn’t tell me?” She nodded her head. “Aish, honestly I had to do a double take, I closed the door and opened it just to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me. Haha.”

“I noticed you are getting closer to him than I thought you would. Now I know you have a secret you’re not saying spit it out, so we can go eat.”

“Haha you sound like my mom.” She waved her hands in the air, signaling that she’s still waiting for me to spit it out. “Fine. I was going to tell you anyway. Someday.” I took a deep breath and let it out. “I think I’m actually falling for Hoya.” I covered my face to hide my embarrassment and my blushing cheeks.

“Don’t cover your face. Haha. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. I honestly approve of this choice.” She said, giving me a hug. “We are not done with this conversation yet. Let’s go eat now before your mom comes after us.”