Ch. 1

Unexpected Feelings

It’s finally lunch time. My friends and I are sitting at our usual table as we see the students stumbling in to the lunch room. We also see HIM coming our way.

“Oh my gosh. Here he comes. On time as usual,” said Jessica, while laughing.  I lightly pushed her, hoping she would stop.

“What? It’s not like he’s going to give up anytime soon. I mean it’s only been three months and he’s still trying to get you to go out with him.” She said, just as he made it to our table.

“Hey Hoya,” I said with a smile on my face.

“Hey, umm, have you thought about what I’ve said yet? Would you like to go out with me?” he said with hope shinning in his eyes.

“Dude. You already know she’s going to say no. why do you even bother continuing to ask every single day?” said Jiho.

They all started laughing at Hoya. I admit I fault badly but he’s the one who continues to humiliate himself. As he walked away I couldn’t help but wonder why he does continue to ask in the first place.

“Yah ! Hello anyone there?” Jessica said, while waving her hands in my face.

“Yes. I’m trying to eat here.” I replied.

“Haha eat what? Air? You don’t even have food in front of you.” She said.

“Ohh. I must’ve been day dreaming again.” I said, only to laugh at my own lie.

“Well anyways, as Jiho was saying, why don’t you just tell him that you’re NEVER going to date someone like him? I mean come on he’s a nerd. Do nerds even have girlfriends? How do they even kiss with glasses on? He should just stop wasting his time.” Jessica said.

“I’m not you, Jess. I can’t be that cold even though it can get a bit annoying sometimes. I just kind of feel bad for him but I can’t stop him from asking.” I said

“You feel bad for him? Ha, he’s the only one doing this to himself. I bet if you even dated him you wouldn’t last a month. Wait no, two months with him.” Jessica said.

“Whoa. She’s calling you out! Are you just going to sit there and take that from her?” Said Jiho.

“You know what. Starting tomorrow I will tell Hoya yes and I will last 2 months. Humph.” I said as I slammed my hands on the table and got up to walk away to my last class of the day.