Chapter 5: Why don't i realize it?

Our Love

 

 

Chapter 5: Why don’t i realize it?

Listen 2 SHINee - Life

 

 

Your POV

 

 

 

I couldn’t stop myself from fidgeting. My eyes still puffy from so much crying. My body feels bad, but i couldn’t care less. My best friend is lying unconscious beside me because the thing that would come last in my mind about him. Cancer.

 

 

.:Flashback:.

 

 

When we arrive on the hospital, Dongwoon immediately run Jonghyun to E.R. i followed behind him. “I’m sorry miss, mr. We can’t let you in unless you were his part of family.”one of the nurse said as blocking my way to the E.R. Dongwoon couldn’t do anything, he just walk to the wall and start to punching it carelessly, i could see his knuckles start to bleeding.

 

“Stop. Doing this will not help Jonghyun.”i said as calm that i could manage. He stared me with wide eyes and start to inhale deeply to calm himself down. “Let’s treat your wound.”i said as grabbing his wrist and dragging him to the receptionist. I need to busy my mind now.

~~

When we done treating Dongwoon’s wound i quickly walk to where Jonghyun was. Knowing that he’s still inside the E.R i sit myself on the nearby chairs. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. But i couldn’t hold it anymore. I let my tears pour down my face.

 

“Sssh. Don’t cry __-ah.”Dongwoon cooed as hugging me tightly. “Jonghyun wouldn’t want to see you cry.”he said again as patting my back in calming manners. But i couldn’t help to keep crying.

 

When i stopped crying, i look up to Dongwoon which looking at me with his concern eyes. He wipe my remain tears with his thumbs. “Ooljima.”how come i feel calm after hearing just one word. I manage to put a weak smile. He smile back at me. “That’s good, but we need a better one to cheer Jonghyun up.”he said as caressing my cheeks.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“What happened to him? Can you explain it?”i finally broke the silence. He took a deep sigh. “He’s been sick. For so long. Lung cancer.”it hit me. Lung cancer? Why don’t i realize it? “He’s been hiding it from his parents too, but in the end he told them himself.”Dongwoon said without emotion. “Why don’t he told me about this. I could’ve help him.”i said. “How did you expect him to tell you? He doesn’t want to hurt you.”Dongwoon said faintly. His word keep ringing in my head for the next hours we wait for Jonghyun.

 

 

.:End of Flashback:.

 

 

Now here i am, sitting next to Jonghyun. Waiting for him to open his eyes once more. Never i feel that my life would really without him smiling cheekily around me. I chuckled at the memory.

 

Dongwoon were out to pack me some clothes and escorting Jonghyun’s parents to rest in his apartment, they just arrive here around midnight.

 

I slid my warm hand in Jonghyun’s. I carefully interwinded our fingers. “Your hand is so cold you know?”i said as caressing his usual warm hand that now is just plain cold. How did he manage to hid it from me this past weeks? Worse, how come i don’t even notice that he’s been sick for so long? What a good friend i am.

 

I try to fight my heavy eyelids. Anxiety always bring fatigue to me. Worse, i cried so much that tired me. I decided to take a little rest. I carefully rested my head on the side of Jonghyun. Finally, i sleep with me and Jonghyun’s hand still interwinded.

 

 

Dongwoon’s POV

 

 

I peek at the sleeping __ beside Jonghyun. I can see Jonghyun were wide awake and clearly staring at your sleeping face. “Hi.”i said as putting __ clothes on the couch in the corner.

 

“Hi.”he said with his weak voice, he even still smiling at a time like this. “Did she know?”he ask with hope in his eyes. It’s hard see you like this Jonghyun, but i’m sorry. “Yeah. I told her.”i said with confidence.

 

I was hoping he would curse me or something but....not. “Thank you...”i was speechless. “Just like you said. She will know sooner, or later. Thank you for telling her.”he said again, with smile of course. “Friends always be there for each other right?”i said as covering __ sleeping body with blanket.

 

“Your parents come, they were resting on my apartment now.”i said as he nodded solemnly. “You know, i just come back from this hospital this morning.”Jonghyun said with chuckle. “Is that why you aren’t go to school?”he nodded again.

 

“I know this kind of things would happen.”he said again. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “What is that supposed to mean?”he smile again. “You know, the doctor said i only got 3 more week or less since my cancer is getting worse.”he said, how could he said it so calmly! “I’m just already prepared just in case my death is coming.”he said again, with smile. I couldn’t argue with him in a place like this, so i just shrug at him. Talking about ignorant.

 

“Can you do me one more favor?”

~~

 

Short chapter...

Hope you guys enjoying this. Don't hesitate to comment~

4 days till B2ST comeback...