Chapter 3: Just don't forget me

Our Love

Chapter 3: Just don’t forget me

Listen 2 Super Junior M - Blue Tomorrow

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Jonghyun wake up groggily due to the cold temperature this morning. He put some sweaters and walk himself to the kitchen and make some hot chocolate. After sipping some chocolate he sit on the couch near the balcony. ‘I want to go to the balcony, but it’s so cold out there.’ Jonghyun sigh as glancing on his wall clock near his piano. His eyes widened in surprise “It barely 7AM!!”he shout to himself.

 

In the end, rather than picking you up for school, he choose to warm himself with warm shower first then start to do his homework for today. He was doing his biology homework when suddenly he felt a dull, aching pain on his chest. His breath turn short. Jonghyun immediately walk to his bathroom and took some bottle of pills on cabinet and popped 2 of it on his mouth. He struggle to swallow it, but finally with much efforts he success on swallowing the pills without water.

 

‘It’s the third for this weeks’ Jonghyun thought as sliding down on the floor and thry to catch his breath. His slowly turn pale and his palm slowly forming sweat. He closed his eyes for a moment, still catching his short breath. After a while he raised and make his way out of his apartment. 

 

Before speeding down the road, Jonghyun texted Dongwoon to pick you to school, because he has to go somewhere. With a sigh he gently push send button and start his car.

 

 

Your POV

 

 

“!!!”i cursed all the way around my apartment. How can i stop? It’s ing 8.30 when my homeroom start at 8.45 worse, Jonghyun haven’t knock on my door yet. It means, he maybe still drooling over his blanket. And worst! It’s so in cold out there!

 

I was still fumbling with my books when i heard my doorbell ringing. I finally manage to make my way to the door without breaking any porcelain figurine on the buffet. It took me minutes to processing the view in front of me.

 

There, shining as ever. Dongwoon stand in front of me, his jet black hair loosely hanging, his school’s uniform still half buttoned, his face with the heart-melting smile. God! did Zeus miss one of his son? Because i think i found one.

 

“Need a lift?”he said, still with smile. “Thanks, but no. I already with Jonghyun. So i don’t like to keep him waiting for me. We usually go together.”i said, with struggle. He smile again. God! he should stop that smile, or else he would get a melted me in less than 2 minutes.

 

“Jonghyun got something to do. He texted me to give you a lift.”Dongwoon said. I nodded. “So, are you ready yet? FYI we’re almost late.”i stuck 2 of my finger and mouthing ‘2 minutes’ he smile and nodded before saying “Suit yourself.”i smile back at him and start to fumbling around my apartment...again.

 

I grab my small backpack on the kitchen counter and my phone nearby. I quickly walk to my front door. Seeing him leaning over the wall while his eyes closed and his feet is tapping to the rhytm of whatever song that played on his iPod.

 

“Hey!”i called after locking my apartment door. He look up to me and smile again. “You ready?”i nodded as walk beside me. “You know? Jonghyun been very weird these days.”i said absent-mindedly. “What make you think like that?”i shrug. “Well, since you came, he always put everything to you. He told you to return my book, and now to give me ride to school. I mean, he never do that since soo long.”i can see him smirk at my words. “You seem to know much about him.”i smile happily. “What can i do? I’m his best friend.”i said, turning to him. ‘For you. But for Jonghyun you were his everything’Dongwoon thought as thinking about his bestfiend.

~~

Jonghyun’s POV

 

 

3 weeks? 3 weeks? 3 weeks?

It’s the only thing that can pass through my head. Everything happen so fast. I can’t even proceed the fact all around me.

 

I keep on walking from the building. It’s weird smell keep making me scruch up my nose. That’s why i always hate this place. As i keep walking i arrive at a small yard with fishpond in the middle of it. I sit myself on the bench near it.

 

I sigh involuntarily. Again, i start thinking about __. What did she do now? Who is she with right now? Is she smiling? Or laughing? I miss her already. “At least she have Dongwoon, so she won’t be lonely.”i said to myself.

 

I’ve made my decision. I’ll let her know my feelings before i go. I will go soon anyway.

 

I sigh. All my memory about us wouldn’t be forgotten. I would always remember the time when you smile and laugh with me or because of me. Because that memory will be the only thing that will make me happy when i’m gone.

 

Again, i feel pain on my chest. But this time because of you __. I feel like i lost all of my oxygen without your presence. __. All the time i spent with you, i wouldn’t regret having those. Even if you can’t realize my feelings for you.

 

 

My heart felt like expload. All the things that i done for you. All the time that i waste just to accompany you when it’s thunderstorm. All the energy that burned just to make you smile again when you start to thinking about your parents. All the things that i sacrifice just to let you know my feeling. Yet, you still can’t sense my love for you? I feel like crap, __. But i never will blame you for your cluelessness. Maybe i’m not the right man for you. Maybe you deserve someone better than me. I’ll be leaving you anyway. Just when you happy, don’t forget me __-ah. Because i will never forget you too.

 

 

Suddenly, i felt my cellphone vibrating on my pocket. I look at the id. Dongwoon. I carelessly slid my cellphone and put it in my ear.

.:Phone Convo:.

Jonghyun      : Yoboseyo.

Dongwoon    : Jonghyun!!

Jonghyun      : Ne, waegurae?

Dongwoon    : Where are you right now?

Jonghyun      : I’m on park. Why are you asking such thing?

Dongwoon    : Eh? Park? Don’t lie to me.

Jonghyun      : -chuckle- Why do i have to lied to you? I’m on a park near the hospital

Dongwoon    : Hospital? What are you doing there? You okay right?

Jonghyun      : I’m just checking Dongwoon-ah. I’m okay now.

Dongwoon    : Thank god you’re okay. Why don’t you go home and rest now?

Jonghyun      : I was about to, when you call me.

Dongwoon    : Oh. Okay then, i’ll hung up. But you have to go home and rest!

Jonghyun      : I will! I’m already on the car.

Dongwoon    : Bye~

Jonghyun      : Bye~

.:End of Phone Convo:.

I smiled as i slid back my phone on my uniform pocket. Dorky Dongwoon. I wonder why he won’t show that side of him in front of the other than me. He’s so dorky. Yet, he make a truthful and loyal friend with me. 

 

I guess born and raised in a broken family will affect the child too. Poor Dongwoon. He was born when his parents is almost divorcing. All of the family member say that his parents relationships is getting worse after Dongwoon was born. In the end, his parents finally divorce when he was 3. At first, he was raised by his dad. But when he was 10, his father died because of heart-attack. After that he raised by his mother. But she was just ignoring him and claimed him as a bad luck. Worse, his mother assumed him as the reason why his mother is divorcing with his father. Since then, he lived with his uncle. An empty life should i say, without love and emotion.

 

Don’t get me wrong, i’ve been befriend with him since preschool. He was the only one that understand me, other than __. And i understand him more than anyone. “-sigh- Now i start to think about you again __.”i muttered as starting my car and drove back to my apartment.

 

 

Dongwoon’s POV

 

 

I sigh as i slid my phone back to my pocket. Poor Jonghyun. And he got to live by himself. It would be helpful if his parents were there and help him. But screw that stone like dino-head. And now, here i am helping him. Lung Cancer isn’t an easy disease to cure. Personally, i move here just to helping Jonghyun with his disease. Because since the start he insist that he wont do much about his sickness. Stubborn kid, like always. 

 

“Dongwoon?”my body suddenly tensed up by hearing the voice. I slowly turn around and facing a confused __ stood by the door of the classroom. Her eyes full of question. I put my poker face as i could muster, but she seem doesn’t really care about my reaction.

 

“I thought you were talking to Jonghyun?”

~~

Don't hesitate to comment~

Are you guys ready for B2ST's comeback?

I really am... yes