Chapter 11: Before i die

Our Love

 

Chapter11: Before i die

Listen 2 B2ST – Clenching A Tight Fist

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

The morning i get up, my hands and __ were still interwinded with each other.

 

__ was sleeping peacefully beside me. I contently staring at her cute sleeping face. No words can express how much I love her right now.

 

For the next 10 minutes, I kept on staring at her face. Saving her figure on my mind, I try to remember her cute face, because after 5 more hours, I maybe can’t see her face anymore.

 

I try to use this last opportunity to make a good memory with her, but my condition won’t let me do that.

 

How I wish I could drive her to the beach and spend the rest of the day playing at the shore and watch the sunset with her.

 

I was still drown on my illusion when I caught her already wake up, staring at me.

 

“Hi!”she said, still in a sleepy tone.

 

“Hi. Go get some sleep.”I said as she shook her head a few times.

 

“I wanna be with you till you get into surgery room. Maybe if I can, I could be beside you when the surgery is running.”she said happily. How I wish, you were the last face that I see before i die.

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because i want to be the first person that you will see after the surgery.”she said with smile. Too late.

 

“Go get more sleep. Beside, I can’t go anywhere until midday. I still got 5 more hours. Time won’t walk too fast.”I ushered her to get more sleep, because she already got a bags under her eyes. I just don’t want to make her sick.

 

Silence.

 

“Okay.” she sighed in defeat

 

“But make sure to wake me up when you’re going to surgery room.”she warn me as walking to the couch and lay herself down. She smiled at me before closing her doe-like eyes.

 

For the next hour, all that I heard was her soft breathing and the sound she make when she shift her position. Until Dongwoon come with my parents.

 

I can hear Dongwoon is talking loudly with my parents in the hallway.

 

I quickly shush them the moment they step inside the room. I don’t want their loud voice waking __ up. She need rest.

 

They immediately stop their chat after spotting a sleeping __ in the couch.

 

Dongwoon walk himself to cover __ body with blanket and sit in the end of the couch.

 

Meanwhile, mom was walking towards me with her usual heartwarming smile.

 

“How are you feeling?”mom ask as sitting beside my bed.

 

“Anxious. How do I put that in a correct term?”I said softly as smiling.

 

“You can always learn honey.”she said as leaving me to talk to dad.

 

~~

 

Narrator’s POV

 

It was 1 more hour before the surgery. You and Jonghyun’s parent were having lunch in the cafeteria, leaving Dongwoon and Jonghyun together.

 

“You still remember your promise right?”Jonghyun said as Dongwoon furrowed his eyebrow.

 

Jonghyun rolled back his eyes. “You promise that you will give the letter to __-ah.”Jonghyun said as Dongwoon look away from Jonghyun.

 

“You know. Why are you so pessimist?”Dongwoon said.

 

“I don’t know, just promise it whether i survive…or not”Jonghyun said softly as Dongwoon hesitantly nodded.

 

“Let’s just hope Dr. Jung will do her best.”Dongwoon said as smiling.

 

‘Yeah, I hope…’Jonghyun muttered in back of his mind.

 

~~

 

Your POV

 

“Dr. Jung, you have to do your best.”I said to her as walking behind Jonghyun’s bed.

 

“I will always do __-ssi.”she said with smile.

 

I can’t say anything as watching Jonghyun’s bed disappear into the surgery room.

 

My knee immediately lost it’s strength. I gave up on the waiting chair. Dongwoon come up to me and interwinded our hands.

 

“He’s gonna be okay. Let’s just pray for him.”he said with a heartwarming smile. I weakly replied his smile.

 

For the next 1 hour, I couldn’t keep my feet from pacing around the hallway while chewing on my fingernail.

 

Just then. Dongwoon came up to me and drag me to sit down beside him. I look at him with confused stare.

 

He look back at me as chuckling and messing my hair. “You were just wasting your energy by pacing around the hallway.”he said with smile. I just can weakly smile back.

 

I just keep on getting butterflies on my stomach. I wonder what happened. Because I always get those when I have a bad feeling. Is it…

 

Nonononono! You can’t think of something like that Kim __! I mentally slapped myself as shook my head furiously.

 

I can feel that Dongwoon is looking at me weirdly. “What’s wrong __?”I just shook my head with pout.

 

My eyelids are getting heavy for each minutes. “__, you should sleep.”Jonghyun’s mom says from across me. “Ani eommoni, I want to stay until the surgery done”

 

~~

 

I was about to closed my eyes when i caught Dr. Jung walk pass the surgery room.

 

I immediately rushed to her, I can feel Dongwoon trailed behind me.

 

I stare at her. Even without word, any people can tell that I demand answer from Dr. Jung.

 

“How’s the surgery Dr. Jung?”Dongwoon timidly ask behind me.

 

She raised her head and took a deep breath as exchanging glances to me. I can see her tired eyes accentuate her small face. Sweat covered her forehead.

 

For the last time she look at me with a soft look.

 

“__-ssi…”

~~

Woah....

I'm really tired...

The next chapter is the end :'(

Don't hesitate to comment