parallel (yoonmin)

쓰다 (sseuda)
Please log in to read the full chapter

4061 words

jimin x yoongi

au | drabble not drabble

~

 

yoongi takes photos.

 

the clicking sound of the camera has always been relaxing for yoongi, hearing it go off once, twice, thrice in a minute and realizing he clicked the shutter at the perfect moment has yoongi smiling happily the rest of the day.

"yoongi hyung!" yoongi lowers the camera and let it hang freely on his neck, he sees namjoon running to him- his bag clinking on his back.

"what?" he walks over to namjoon as he slowly wipes off the smile on his face because min yoongi never smiles.

"hoseok says practice is open for viewing." yoongi grabs the bag he set on the ground and claps namjoon as he walks by, grabbing him and dragging him forcefully to walk back inside the building.

-

yoongi hates crowds and closed spaces and sweats, if not for his stupid professor and his stupid photography project about the human body, he wouldn't even be here.

yoongi scoots away from the flailing arms and heavy steps that threatens to flatten his foot and break his camera into pieces.

hoseok comes to him in a form of sweat, ragged breathing and smelly damp tank top. yoongi moves away from him and turns away to press himself onto a mirrored wall- his camera in the safety of his arms and soft jacket. yoongi groans when hoseok's sweaty chest comes in contact with his favorite black been thrill hoodie.

"hyung, you came!! did you want to see my new choreography?" hoseok asks too cheerfully that yoongi swears the sun came in the cramped room to blind him. he wants to snap at the kid but he knows that guilt would eat him from the inside if the smile on hoseok's face wavers even by just a bit.

"yes i did and also, i came to photograph your members for my project." yoongi says bitterly and hoseok chuckles at him and ruffles his hair. "hyung, you're the worst liar ever. you can still come even after your project though." hoseok sits him next to the stereo so aside from being the club's photographer he also automatically became their remote control.

yoongi tries hard to capture at least one decent picture because hoseok's new choreography is too fast and too complicated to be able to take many photos without it getting either too blurry or too ugly for yoongi's liking.

in the four times the crew repeated the entire dance, yoongi took about 6 or 7 pictures that he actually liked- but he's contemplating whether to delete the last one because seokjin looks so exhausted in it and he would kill yoongi if it gets published and displayed in the exhibit.

yoongi looks over each member as they repeat the dance for the fifth time, half of them can't dance and the other half looks like they joined the dance club only because they're secretly crushing on hoseok. but one person caught yoongi's attention, and he found himself taking more photos of the guy and not deleting even the blurriest picture because the guy's smile can be seen through the smudged flesh and hair.

-

"hyung this is the first time i've seen you smile." hoseok claps him on the back and yoongi glares at him through his squinted eyes because of grinning too hard. "did you like my dance that much?"

yoongi knows hoseok is only teasing but he lets his face fall and turns his camera off before turning to him, "no, your dancing was horrible hoseok, but i got enough picture for the first part of my project."

he makes his way to the door and hoseok laughs loudly, his chuckles echoing inside the empty and smelly dance room. yoongi mutters a small thanks he knows hoseok heard clearly and waves a goodbye.

 

jimin draws.

 

jimin is a math major that is the most popular member of the glee club that likes dancing and loves drawing.

jimin isn't the kind of person that sticks to only one thing, unless he likes that thing too much or he was required to stick with that thing, and that thing only.

professor geum, jimin's freehand drawing teacher, ends up scolding jimin after class at every deadline, the reason being jimin does not have one constant piece for his drawings (consistency of piece covers 10% of their activities grade.)

"but miss," jimin whines and professor geum could only click her tongue at annoyance, "please?" jimin uses his wildcard again; aegyo is usually his savior that gets him out of sermon 15 minutes early- without punishments and demerits, but professor geum's angry expression didn't waver.

"i said no park jimin," she says and picks up a pile of paper from the drawer, "i told all of you on the first day that the first thing you draw and pass to me MUST be the only subject of your future activities," she pulls out the last paper and shows a drawing of a puppy resting on a historical-looking floor with historical-looking interior around it, "this is the 8th drawing activity and this is the 8th time you passed a piece with a different main subject."

jimin rubs a hand on his nape and pouts, peeking through his bangs to make sure that his teacher was looking, "but my roommate's dog was so cute." he says in the most pitiful voice he could muster. when he heard professor geum let out a resigned sigh, he high-fived himself mentally.

"okay, fine. but this is the 8th and last time i'm going to let you off." jimin slowly raises his head and grins widely, his teacher could only shake her head, "on one condition," it was professor geum's time to give jimin an almost devilish grin, "promise me that on the next activity and those that would follow, you will only have ONE main subject."

jimin literally felt his skin crawl at his teacher's smirk and his smile falls, "okay, thank you miss." he says, the usual excitement on his voice gone. it isn't that hard right? he thought to himself as he walks out the classroom.

 

they were each other's masterpieces.

 

“hyung, I thought you already finished compiling your project?” namjoon asks, his hand stopping yoongi’s that was about to twist the knob of the dance room. yoongi looks at him with a straight face, effectively masking his real intentions with a glare.

“i’m a photography major, namjoon. we always have projects.” if namjoon noticed the way yoongi nervously swallows the lump on his throat, it wasn’t obvious, he just gives him a small nod and opens the door for him. yoongi adjusts the camera strap around his neck and wipes the sweat forming on his forehead before entering after namjoon.

“hyung!!” hoseok screams gleefully while pulling his sweater off his body and throwing it on top of his duffel bag, yoongi reconsiders his actions when he sees the teasing glint on hoseok’s eyes as he pulls him to the direction of the stereo. “i didn’t think you’d really come back.”

yoongi opens his mouth to protest but namjoon already did it for him, “he’s a photography major, hoseok, he always has projects.” yoongi looks at namjoon but his smile faded when he sees the smirk on the rapper’s lips. “right, hyung?” yoongi scowls at him and the younger laughs.

yoongi opens his mouth but is interrupted again when the door opens and collided with the wall loudly. the dance club members started flooding inside the room, chatting with themselves while some prefer to walk alone while remembering the newly taught choreography. yoongi sits down on the floor and removes the camera from his bag, he adjusts the settings to best compliment with the lighting of the room.

the members change clothes one by one and proceeds to their assigned places. yoongi skims over the faces of the gathering crowd, finding that same face he captured multiple times from his last visit. seeing no familiar face aside from his friends, yoongi puts back the lens cap and opens his bag. the door opening with a small gap catches his attention and he sees the boy he was looking for slip in quietly.

yoongi smiles despite himself and relaxes onto the floor and clutches the camera to his chest as he waits for hoseok to finish his opening speech full of smiles and laughs and “i’m glad you’re all back” and “i hope you remember every move.”

 

hoseok finishes his introduction with a gleeful "fighting!" that s echoed half-heartedly. yoongi presses play on the stereo after hoseok's cue, he watches the guy lose himself in the music- his body snapping with the beat.

yoongi raises his camera to his face and zooms in on the guy at the back. yoongi watches as his eyes gets unfocused and lets himself get lost in the two pools filled with passion. namjoon sees him smile but he couldn't care less.

the members leave after hoseok let them, which was 3 hours after, they smiled at hoseok and hoseok congratulated each and every one of them.

 

all except the guy.

 

yoongi removed the cd from the stereo while they rid themselves from sweat and when he looked back, the guy was gone.

hoseok, namjoon and the rest of their friends goes to his side when he starts scanning the photos he took. it was chaotic.

"hyung! that was my solo, why didn't you take a picture of me???"

 

"how could you tell that that was your part you're not even in the picture."

 

"yah! yoongi!! delete that picture of me!!!"

 

"ah hyuuung!! i look so handsome in that!!! send it to me!!"

 

"i hate you hyung!!"

 

 

yoongi sighs as he arranges his things. hoseok and namjoon goes through the pictures again, if they noticed the numerous amount of photos he took of the nameless k

Please log in to read the full chapter