hi, i am dad (namjin)

쓰다 (sseuda)
Please log in to read the full chapter

1727 words

mostly namjoon-centric but namjoon x seokjin ft. kid

fluff drabble that might be a part of something bigger

this was originally a twitter convo between me and a good (but not really) friend of mine, zoe, who i am not sure if she has an aff but wte. and it all started because of the photo above

THIS IS FOR YOU ZOE I H8 U!!!

~

To think that Namjoon and Seokjin would really end up together had the entire group taken aback by surprise. And for them to suddenly bring a 6-year old boy to their most recent reunion party at the three youngest shared apartment unit got them so good that they had to stop everything for a while to coo at the kid covered by thick layers of jacket.

“Hyung, you really did it!” Taehyung exclaims as he drags the poor thing around the house and offering him various candies they have at the refrigerator.

“By it I hope you mean adopt, Taehyung, because yes, we did.” Seokjin huffs, removing his scarf and sitting down on the couch. Namjoon follows him, a relatively large bag in his hand.

“Hyung, why do you look so tired?” Hoseok asks him and hands him a glass of water. Namjoon gives out and exhausted sigh, “That kid is worse than Jeongguk in so many ways.”

“Hey! I heard that!” Jeongguk shouts from the kitchen where they’re probably feeding the kid an unhealthy amount of sweets.

 

Two years after Seokjin and Namjoon broke out the news of their relationship; they visited an orphanage and got to know lots of cute, adorable, kind kids. Of all the kids they met though, Seokjin’s heart just has to get stolen by the kid, Kim Geonwu. 6., with the attitude.

“We don’t even have to arrange documents to change his surname!” Seokjin says, smiling.

Don’t get Namjoon wrong, he loves Geonwu as much, but he just doesn’t get why the kid would laugh at Seokjin’s jokes but squint his eyes when Namjoon attempts.

 

“Dad, I’m hungry.” Geonwu whines obviously had just woken up and still in his pajamas.

Namjoon looks up from the newspaper he’s not even reading, and seriously says, “Really? But I thought you’re Geonwu?”

He stands up and makes his way towards their kitchen; he pulls out a pack of bread from their cupboard and jars of jam from the fridge. He hears a loud groan from the living room, which is probably from Geonwu and he mentally notes that he won this round.

“Well, Of course I am Geonwu.” The kid explains, obviously not getting the joke, the serious expression on Geonwu ‘s face makes Namjoon laugh way harder that he actually had to stop making a sandwich.

Namjoon tries to stop laughing, and gives a confused face to Geonwu. “But I thought you’re hungry?”

Geonwu screams loudly, throws his arms to his head and looks like he wants to bite his dad’s head off, “OMG Dad, you’re so confusing!!!!”

Namjoon hands him his favorite Nutella-Strawberry Jam sandwich and pours milk on a glass before sliding it to Geonwu. “No, I’m Dad.”

Geonwu grabs the glass of milk before running over to his parents’ room, screaming about how much cooler Daddy Seokjin is.

 

Namjoon pesters Geonwu everyday with his bad dad jokes, and pesters him more with the fact that he is Rap Monster and he was once at the top 1% of their country’s education and that makes him obligated to teach their kid English and help him with his assignments.

“But you’re smart, too, hyung!” Namjoon, who is already 27, whines at his pillow when Seokjin asks him to tutor their son.

“Oh c’mon, Namjoon, we all know you’re smarter.” Seokjin grins at him, and tugs at his arm. “Please?”

Namjoon surrenders and nods, places a kiss at Seokjin’s forehead. “You’re lucky that I love you  so much, I can’t refuse.”

 

Geonwu’s an Elementary Student now, which mean he has to study math, which is probably everyone’s most hated subject- even Namjoon who was an Engineer student.

Geonwu grabs his hand and drags him to his room, the largest room in their house- decorated by Geonwu with his three idiot uncles (you know who these

Please log in to read the full chapter