muse (yoonmin)

쓰다 (sseuda)
Please log in to read the full chapter

1881 words

yoongi x jimin

au | fluff | drabble not drabble

~

"you're not a camera," yoongi doesn't even have to take his eyes off the portfolios on his desk to know that it was that kid again. well, park jimin shouldn't even be a kid to yoongi considering how he's just 2 years younger. but because he's a teacher and jimin's a student, jimin will always be a kid.

"i'm aware of that park jimin." he says nonchalantly, his hand gripping the red pen and marking each project carefully. yoongi doesn't remember the exact day it started- jimin going to his classroom way past the curfew hours for students.

"but why do i smile whenever i see you?" they don't really have a pattern to this thing they're doing, jimin goes inside his room; a new pick-up line rolling off his tongue, and yoongi replies unfazed by the greasy statement the kid just said.

"ah, hyung. a smile would do you know." jimin whines, his chin resting on his arm folded on the pending essays yoongi still needs to check. yoongi clicks his tongue, "i told you last time, don't call me hyung." he raises his eyes from the compiled pictures and glares at jimin, the kid only smiles up at him.

"but last time, i called you teacher and you scowled at me," yoongi can hear the pout on jimin's voice and he rolls his eyes- still repeatedly writing marks on papers. "you said i'm not your student so i don't deserve to call you my teacher."

yoongi laughs at the disappointed look that greeted him when he stares up at jimin. "because you really are not my student, so i'm not your teacher." it's been like this since the first day jimin hopped into yoongi's room without permission; arguing whether he is jimin's teacher and if jimin was his student.

"but i go to your photography class everyday." jimin argues.

"your major probably doesn't require you to since you're not in my list. i didn't ask you to go- so you're not my responsibility." yoongi ends the conversation with that. he scoops up the papers and thick portfolios in his arms. yoongi struggles reaching for his bag with his arms full with unmarked projects. jimin gladly hooks the bag in his arm and opens the door for yoongi.

 

"where do you live? i'm gonna walk you home." jimin asks while they stand by the front gate of the school. "no need for that, i'm just going to call a taxi." yoongi says as he walks back to the guard house for help.

"no. i insist." jimin smiles at him and guides yoongi across the street, "and i'm not leaving you alone with all these things."

"i insist you don't." yoongi rolls his eyes at the unwanted effort the kid was doing and steps towards the bus station but a hand clutches his coat from the back and pulls at him, "i really insist."

"you can just pretend i'm a childhood friend you run into and is more than willing to help you get home." yoongi gets pushed two steps ahead. he shakes his head at the sheepish grin on the kid's face and walks home; jimin following obediently behind.

 

~

 

the 'pretend-im-a-friend-offering-help' tactic was used by jimin every day, yoongi stopped arguing the 6th time and just points at random requirements on his desk (or even inside the staff room) and jimin takes them in his arms without complain.

yoongi's curiousity grew larger than he expected and he finds himself thumbing through the student records looking for a certain 'park jimin'. he finds his data tucked at the folder for music majors and yoongi wonders why jimin would exert enough effort for him to run from the music building to the arts building where yoongi is every single day.

"you're my muse." jimins answers when yoongi asked him. muse? isn't that for basketball competitions only?  jimin must've seen the confusion on his face because he puts down his chopsticks and explains.

they were eating lunch together. afternoon classes were cancelled and jimin was just halfway through his homeroom class when the news was announced on the speakers. he ran the 15-minute long walk from his building to yoongi's room. and now they're sitting face to face in a fast food not far from the school- don't ask yoongi, he doesn't know why or how either.

"muse is a musician's inspiration for making songs; usually a woman- if the said music

Please log in to read the full chapter